Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1302

Thread: The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Comedians in Cars getting Coffee - is now on Netflix....

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    Comedians in Cars getting Coffee - is now on Netflix....
    I watched about ten episodes last night.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

The Ranch. Crude, irreverent and sophomoric humor with NSFW language and a laugh track. This show cracks me up. Not sure how they're going to keep the show going without Danny Masterson since he was fired for being a rapist.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Peaky Blinders..

Enjoying this immensely. Tom Hardy as a Jewish King in England is too good to pass up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The End of the Fxxxing World - Wow! What a show. Definitely recommended if you can take some gore, language, and very dark humor.

Quote Originally Posted by UVACoug View Post
    The End of the Fxxxing World - Wow! What a show. Definitely recommended if you can take some gore, language, and very dark humor.
    Just finished it last night... it took me by surprise at how good it was. That girl... she's quite the little actress, and she has the greatest accent since John Lennon.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

easy. it's about sex. it's good.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Just burned through Ozark. Folks compare it to Breaking Bad for the general trajectory, and I definitely see the obvious comparisons, but this show is dark. Way darker than BB, but also pretty fun. Jason Bateman is awesome in everything he does and really comes off like a good guy even though he's objectively not the greatest guy here. He's no WW and I think that's intentional. The pacing is way slower and, with hour-long episodes, it's harder to binge. It's a fun show, but if BB is an A+ this is probably a B or a B-.
    dark but we liked it
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    dark but we liked it
    I didn't find it that dark, but I enjoyed it. It could have been way darker.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by UVACoug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    Just finished it last night... it took me by surprise at how good it was. That girl... she's quite the little actress, and she has the greatest accent since John Lennon.
    I have liked it. I am just through 3 episodes so far, but it is good. Curious where the story goes from here...both the boy and girl are likable and not likable at all.

Ash vs Evil Dead is so over the top at times (gory and dialogue) that it is ridiculous but the characters in it are all rock solid and it is fun show. They have both seasons available.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    easy. it's about sex. it's good.
    I've watched and enjoyed a few episodes.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Oh yeah- I just started watching the Punisher a couple days ago. I really like this guy, in spite of myself...
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Default The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Quote Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
    I have liked it. I am just through 3 episodes so far, but it is good. Curious where the story goes from here...both the boy and girl are likable and not likable at all.
    My original post was after I had only watched the first few episodes. Now that Iíve finished, Iíll say the last half gets even better (much better). One of my favorite things Iíve watched in quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Oh yeah- I just started watching the Punisher a couple days ago. I really like this guy, in spite of myself...
    Punisher is the best marvel series by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

I stumbled upon A Futile and Stupid Gesture, about the rise and fall of National Lampoon and its co-founder Doug Kenney. Its Rotten Tomatoes critics rating is at only 62%, but I enjoyed it, perhaps because I loved the Lampoon in the early '70s. It covers things like the "Buy this magazine or we'll shoot this dog" cover, the Yearbook issue (a masterpiece), Lemmings (which brought together people like John Belushi, Chevy Chase, Bill Murray, Lorne Michaels, Gilda Radner, and several others), and the making of Animal House and later Caddyshack, which essentially resulted in Kenney's death. I was engrossed throughout, but it's better at providing a greatest hits overview than delivering on the more serious undertones of sadness and discontent that pervaded Kenney's life. Still, it makes a strong case for how Kenney and Lampoon had a very profound and lasting effect on American humor.

Just watched the new Chris Rock special- Tambourine or something. This is a way toned down Chris Rock in a smaller venue and not the over-the-top character in the sold out stadium shows we've come accustomed to seeing. Has some hilarious takes coming to grips with his divorce and other problems he has had. The guy is such a great stand up.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Of the recent suggestions, Ozarks was a huge hit for me. End of the effing World, a strike out. Keep the suggestions coming. Wife and I need a new show.

Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    Of the recent suggestions, Ozarks was a huge hit for me. End of the effing World, a strike out. Keep the suggestions coming. Wife and I need a new show.
    If you haven't seen Detectorists, you should check it out. Stellar show.

Babylon Berlin is really good. But just like Dark it's in German, so you're going to have to read subtitles.

Willy Brandt's son plays one of the main characters.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. ďColorado is on a par with Oregon,Ē he said. ďUtah isnít even in the picture.Ē

Cloverfield Paradox. I know the critics hated it, but I am irresistably drawn to movies starring Daniel Bruhl. I also like that tall blonde Aussie actress.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post
    Cloverfield Paradox. I know the critics hated it, but I am irresistably drawn to movies starring Daniel Bruhl. I also like that tall blonde Aussie actress.
    We loved the two earlier Cloverfield movies. Esp. 10 Cloverfield Lane. Hated this one.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Jen Kirkman's most recent special on Netflix is really funny. Not as good as the recent Chappelle specials or Patton Oswalt's fucking brilliant recent special, but worth a watch.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Jen Kirkman's most recent special on Netflix is really funny. Not as good as the recent Chappelle specials or Patton Oswalt's fucking brilliant recent special, but worth a watch.
    I like Jen, she's funny. I'll check it out.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I just watched the Crown.

Season 2 was a real freaking struggle to stay awake. I love history, and I've always been intrigued by the British monarch. I don't see how someone who does not share those interests could make it through the show so far.

I'm guessing season 4 will start with Chuck and Di's wedding. It could probably get interesting then.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post

Season 2 was a real freaking struggle to stay awake. I love history, and I've always been intrigued by the British monarch. I don't see how someone who does not share those interests could make it through the show so far.

I'm guessing season 4 will start with Chuck and Di's wedding. It could probably get interesting then.
    My wife and I love British dramas, but we couldn't get past the first couple of episodes.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    My wife and I love British dramas, but we couldn't get past the first couple of episodes.
    I watched and enjoyed the first few episodes. Once Elizabeth's dad croaked, it was a lot less interesting to me.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    I watched and enjoyed the first few episodes. Once Elizabeth's dad croaked, it was a lot less interesting to me.
    It's much more realistic than Victoria.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    It's much more realistic than Victoria.
    I'll take your word for it.
    - Goatnapper'96

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

This just showed up last week. I've watched a couple time so far.

Last night I watched a lot of it with close captioning on, there are so many small lines, I hadn't noticed before. After the Billy Batts shinebox scene - Jimmy complaining Batts "dented my shoes" and Tommy biggest worry is that he got blood on the floor. What a great movie.

Last edited by Art Vandelay; 02-22-2018 at 10:55 AM.