Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 206068697071 LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 2101

Thread: The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I want everyone to notice what Tootsie Tomanetz uses for her rub.

Let me guess.

I watched “The Social Dilemma” with my oldest two children the other night. It tied together a lot of the concepts that I’ve discussed with them regarding the impact social media is having on 21st century life. It’s worth a watch.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

I just watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Man that's just a stirring, sad movie.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I want everyone to notice what Tootsie Tomanetz uses for her rub.
    I noticed. What do I get for noticing?
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    Knowledge.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

I have been experimenting lately with the pink butcher paper for BBQ (brisket and ribs). More smoke flavor, but it seems drier. Another thing I noticed about Tootsie is that in addition to using a simple salt/pepper rub, but she uses good old aluminum foil on her briskets. Going to stick with my standard method.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    I just watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Man that's just a stirring, sad movie.
    my dad's favorite all time movie. i've never seen it, but knowing him, i just assumed it was funny.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    my dad's favorite all time movie. i've never seen it, but knowing him, i just assumed it was funny.
    At the risk of dating myself, it's in my top 10 and I've seen it at least half a dozen times. I like your dad, and you need to put it on your list.
    "Every normal person must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin to slit throats" - H.L. Mencken

I watched El Camino again. Totally holds up-- love it.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by UVACoug View Post
    That was really bad. f'n carol baskin

The Haunting of Hill House was pretty good. Sounds like there's a season 2 coming.

Quote Originally Posted by UVACoug View Post
    Holy hell! This is where we're at? Carole Baskin dancing on prime time? This is the kind of shit that makes me glad I'm in the final trimester of my life.
    "Every normal person must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin to slit throats" - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    Holy hell! This is where we're at? Carole Baskin dancing on prime time? This is the kind of shit that makes me glad I'm in the final trimester of my life.

Just watched "American Murder: The Family Next Door". Absolutely heart-breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    Just watched "American Murder: The Family Next Door". Absolutely heart-breaking.
    That made me physically ill.

Finally started Schitt's Creek and it's hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Finally started Schitt's Creek and it's hilarious
    Same. We love it.

Taco Chronicles Vol. 2...

I did a taco tour of Mexico City last summer based on a lot of the stops on vol. 1... This weekend I went to Ensenada deep sea fishing and knocked down the world's best fish tacos, too.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

The Trial of the Chicago 7 was released today and I had to watch it immediately, and not just because I'll be watching something else this evening. I remember the trial and surrounding events very well and the movie was immensely entertaining for me and the missus, who got a little choked up by the end. Great cast, including Eddie Redmayne, Mark Rylance, Joseph Gordon Leavitt, Sacha Baron Cohen, Frank Langella, Jeremy Strong (Succession), and Michael Keaton, in a very brief but excellent role. And an Aaron Sorkin script which, for better and worse, results in great dialogue too good at times to be true. The movie misses some key events, and invents others (including the rather maudlin finish), but I think it's true to the overall spirit of the time. Given the many parallels between 1968-9 and 2020, I think it's a must-see.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    The Trial of the Chicago 7 was released today and I had to watch it immediately, and not just because I'll be watching something else this evening. I remember the trial and surrounding events very well and the movie was immensely entertaining for me and the missus, who got a little choked up by the end. Great cast, including Eddie Redmayne, Mark Rylance, Joseph Gordon Leavitt, Sacha Baron Cohen, Frank Langella, Jeremy Strong (Succession), and Michael Keaton, in a very brief but excellent role. And an Aaron Sorkin script which, for better and worse, results in great dialogue too good at times to be true. The movie misses some key events, and invents others (including the rather maudlin finish), but I think it's true to the overall spirit of the time. Given the many parallels between 1968-9 and 2020, I think it's a must-see.
    going to suggest it tonight to the missus for post BYU/Dodger game watching
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Hubie Halloween is out on Netflix

Hubie meets his strange new neighbor Walter Lambert and news spreads around town about Richie Hartman, a convict who has absconded from a local nut house. The next day is Halloween; Hubie is working as Halloween Monitor and investigates Walter's home after reports of strange noises. Having reported this to the police, he is "recruited" by police sergeant Steve as an "AUU" undercover cop . Hubie goes to a local Halloween party to monitor the activities. However, it soon turns sour. Hubie is tricked into going in to a corn maze following reports that a kid is lost. Hubie's teenage co-worker Mike follows hoping to scare Hubie. Hubie finds Mike and sees him getting pulled into the maze, then nowhere to be found. Hubie moves his attention to monitoring at a drive-in movie Hubie’s old classmates Lester and Mary Hennessey scare Hubie after false reports of a suspicious activity in one of the cars at the drive-in (who turned out to be trick-or-treaters driven by Mr. Hennesy to throw eggs at Hubie). He flees in to the woods and finds Walter. Walter thinks he is turning into a werewoflfnd chases Hubie to a haunted house in a fun fair. Mr. and Mrs. Hennesy are kidnapped and police sergeant Steve is alerted. At the haunted house, Hubie sees a husky dog , thinking it is Walter in his final form. The husky then runs into the haunted house and Hubie chases it inside. Pete Landolfa, one of Hubie's bullies, goes in to scare Hubie, but is kidnapped in front of him. Sgt. Downey arrives and suggests that they cancel Halloween. Hubie thinks it is Walter, but then Sgt. Blake calls that Walter is at the police station with Richie who had turned themselves in, who also reveals that Walter's real name is Nick Hudson. Richie had escaped to bring Walter back to the mental institution which they refer to as the werewolf treatment center. They all agree that Hubie is the kidnapper, thinking he is getting revenge on his bullies. He runs away and goes to a radio station. DJ Aurora tellls Hubie that someone calls a lot more than him - always requesting a song for Hubie. They all think Violet is the culprit, thinking she's the caller. The burner phone that was planted when called is reveled to be in Hubie’s house and he races there, hoping his mother is okay.

The surprise ending is worth the wait - it's not what it seems in Salem, Massachusetts when it's Halloween.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Spoiler?

Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    Hubie Halloween is out on Netflix

Hubie meets his strange new neighbor Walter Lambert and news spreads around town about Richie Hartman, a convict who has absconded from a local nut house. The next day is Halloween; Hubie is working as Halloween Monitor and investigates Walter's home after reports of strange noises. Having reported this to the police, he is "recruited" by police sergeant Steve as an "AUU" undercover cop . Hubie goes to a local Halloween party to monitor the activities. However, it soon turns sour. Hubie is tricked into going in to a corn maze following reports that a kid is lost. Hubie's teenage co-worker Mike follows hoping to scare Hubie. Hubie finds Mike and sees him getting pulled into the maze, then nowhere to be found. Hubie moves his attention to monitoring at a drive-in movie Hubie’s old classmates Lester and Mary Hennessey scare Hubie after false reports of a suspicious activity in one of the cars at the drive-in (who turned out to be trick-or-treaters driven by Mr. Hennesy to throw eggs at Hubie). He flees in to the woods and finds Walter. Walter thinks he is turning into a werewoflfnd chases Hubie to a haunted house in a fun fair. Mr. and Mrs. Hennesy are kidnapped and police sergeant Steve is alerted. At the haunted house, Hubie sees a husky dog , thinking it is Walter in his final form. The husky then runs into the haunted house and Hubie chases it inside. Pete Landolfa, one of Hubie's bullies, goes in to scare Hubie, but is kidnapped in front of him. Sgt. Downey arrives and suggests that they cancel Halloween. Hubie thinks it is Walter, but then Sgt. Blake calls that Walter is at the police station with Richie who had turned themselves in, who also reveals that Walter's real name is Nick Hudson. Richie had escaped to bring Walter back to the mental institution which they refer to as the werewolf treatment center. They all agree that Hubie is the kidnapper, thinking he is getting revenge on his bullies. He runs away and goes to a radio station. DJ Aurora tellls Hubie that someone calls a lot more than him - always requesting a song for Hubie. They all think Violet is the culprit, thinking she's the caller. The burner phone that was planted when called is reveled to be in Hubie’s house and he races there, hoping his mother is okay.

The surprise ending is worth the wait - it's not what it seems in Salem, Massachusetts when it's Halloween.

LOL what is this? This is how my review contrasts with yours:

I watched Hubie Halloween last week. Lower budget Adam Sandler fare with lots of throwback cameos from lots of ancillary characters in his movies-- the O'Doyles from Billy Madison, the nurse from Happy Gilmore, etc. A little raunchy for younger audiences, and if you keep your expectations low it's a fun movie.

I watched Hubie Halloween last week. Lower budget Adam Sandler fare with lots of throwback cameos from lots of ancillary characters in his movies-- the O'Doyles from Billy Madison, the nurse from Happy Gilmore, etc. A little raunchy for younger audiences, and if you keep your expectations low it's a fun movie.
    Sorry - I'm a hack. Of course your review is much better than mine.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

I enjoyed it. Very dumb but loved the cameos.

Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    Sorry - I'm a hack. Of course your review is much better than mine.
    Oh come on reviews are subjective. Just saying yours is tldr.

You had me at “cameo by the O’Doyles.” They rule!
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I loved it, even though I realize it was far from unbiased. At first I didn't realize it was Sasha Baron Cohen portraying Abbie Hoffman, and I kept trying to figure out where I knew the actor from. His character stole the show.