Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oriole's Pitcher, Jeremy Guthrie, loves Jimmer:

http://www.masnsports.com/steve_mele...-vs-texas.html
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
      Oriole's Pitcher, Jeremy Guthrie, loves Jimmer:

http://www.masnsports.com/steve_mele...-vs-texas.html
      Not enough to pay for his older brother, and friends, to watch the MWC in a suite.

Comment

• I once was in a snowball fight that included Jeremy, Doug Jolley, and me. Needless to say I was outgunned. Guthrie had a ridiculous arm, as did Jolley, but Guthrie's control with a snowball was shocking. He was down by the exit to May Hall and was still striking us as we crossed the street to the south of the MC.

Comment

• Steve Kerr was on the Dan Patrick podcast this week professing his love of Jimmer. He thinks JF will go to the Jazz with their second pick. That sounds like the worst possible scenario- crappy team, new coach, waaaay too much expectations for him to produce immediately. I really hope that doesn't come to fruition.

Interesting factoid: Kerr played for 15 seasons and only started 30-some games. Crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
            Steve Kerr was on the Dan Patrick podcast this week professing his love of Jimmer. He thinks JF will go to the Jazz with their second pick. That sounds like the worst possible scenario- crappy team, new coach, waaaay too much expectations for him to produce immediately. I really hope that doesn't come to fruition.

Interesting factoid: Kerr played for 15 seasons and only started 30-some games. Crazy.
            Whatever team he goes to (if he gets minutes) will become my new favorite. I really, really hope it's not the jazz.

Comment

Another Kerr factoid, he broadcast over 100 games and not been immensely awful in 0.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                Another Kerr factoid, he broadcast over 100 games and not been immensely awful in 0.
                You think he's that bad, eh? I think he's "meh" worthy, most of the time, but occasionally makes some good points. I'll take him over Hubie Brown any day of the week.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  You think he's that bad, eh? I think he's "meh" worthy, most of the time, but occasionally makes some good points. I'll take him over Hubie Brown any day of the week.
                  I loathe Steve Kerr's "analysis".
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                    I loathe Steve Kerr's "analysis".
                    I don't like that he steps all over the others all the time but otherwise I think what he shares is often relavent. My favorite would have to be Reggie Miller though. The guy can flat out bring it. His work in the NCAA tournament made many of the regulars look like has-beens.
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                      Whatever team he goes to (if he gets minutes) will become my new favorite. I really, really hope it's not the jazz.
                      Same.
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Steve Kerr was on the Dan Patrick podcast this week professing his love of Jimmer. He thinks JF will go to the Jazz with their second pick. That sounds like the worst possible scenario- crappy team, new coach, waaaay too much expectations for him to produce immediately. I really hope that doesn't come to fruition.

would you or jimmer prefer to go to a team like detroit or cleveland? At least utah has young talent to build on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                          would you or jimmer prefer to go to a team like detroit or cleveland? At least utah has young talent to build on.
                          T.J. has asked that I no longer speak for Jimmer.

As for what I would prefer. Obviously, the ideal situation would be on a contender with lots of talent. I think Miami would take him as their starter for the playoffs tonight. I think the worst situation would be where he is immediately expected to come in an be the primary scorer. Perhaps he is ready, but I would much rather he have lower expectations and exceed them, than to be considered a lottery bust. Just my 2 cents...

Comment

T.J. has asked that I no longer speak for Jimmer.

As for what I would prefer. Obviously, the ideal situation would be on a contender with lots of talent. I think Miami would take him as their starter for the playoffs tonight. I think the worst situation would be where he is immediately expected to come in an be the primary scorer. Perhaps he is ready, but I would much rather he have lower expectations and exceed them, than to be considered a lottery bust. Just my 2 cents...
                            the problem is that he is not going to a contender. He is going at worst to the top 13. I think Utah is a better situation than detroit or cleveland. Phoneix is a better situation than utah for sure. There just arent many choices. Unless Miami or New York etc trade down for him, which they wont, he wont go to a contender.
                            Last edited by Maximus; 04-21-2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                              My favorite would have to be Reggie Miller though. The guy can flat out bring it. His work in the NCAA tournament made many of the regulars look like has-beens.
                              I noticed the same thing. I have really enjoyed the games that Reggie has been doing lately.

Comment

I think Miami would take him as their starter for the playoffs tonight.
                                haha. Does everyone you see right now look like a smurf?

I think the worst situation would be where he is immediately expected to come in an be the primary scorer.
                                I can't imagine any team expects a kid who will be going in his range of the draft to come in and be a primary scorer. That's an absurd expectation for back half of the lotto.

Perhaps he is ready, but I would much rather he have lower expectations and exceed them, than to be considered a lottery bust.
                                Then maybe you should want him to go to the Jazz.
                                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X