Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145
Results 4,321 to 4,341 of 4341

Thread: The Official Jimmerphilia Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    Watching Scarlet and Grey play right now. They are the one seed in Jimmer’s region. Sulinger is still fat and Craft still plays good D and I still hate Ohio State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    they have a loaded team. Syracuse stands out as well. and Saint Mary's is loaded with stars from some of their most recent teams as well.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

I am really digging this tournament. The play has been better than I expected. Definitely on par if not better than some of the summer league I watched. Also, I love the Elam ending. It's pretty damn genius. I think it would alleviate most of the college games on ESPN running over so I won't have to watch the first 10 minutes of BYU games on ESPNews or something.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    I am really digging this tournament. The play has been better than I expected. Definitely on par if not better than some of the summer league I watched. Also, I love the Elam ending. It's pretty damn genius. I think it would alleviate most of the college games on ESPN running over so I won't have to watch the first 10 minutes of BYU games on ESPNews or something.
    Agreed. I love the Elam ending too. Its way better than the game becoming a fouling fest and free throw contest at the end.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    Agreed. I love the Elam ending too. Its way better than the game becoming a fouling fest and free throw contest at the end.
    I just read about this and watched some of the video from the tourney. I like it.

the talent isn't always great and the lack of shooting stands out, but these guys play hard, they defend and are strong and athletic. its a fun tournament for basketball in middle of summer.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

I don't love this kid like one of my own .... I love him more - he doesn't keep hitting me up for money.

https://www.theringer.com/college-ba...college-career

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    the talent isn't always great and the lack of shooting stands out, but these guys play hard, they defend and are strong and athletic. its a fun tournament for basketball in middle of summer.
    yeah nobody is mailing it in. the stakes are real which makes the competition intense.

Craft vs Jimmer. Oden vs Davies. DVR is set.
    -Turtle

When is the next game?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Just finished today’s game off the DVR. Jimmer is awesome. Slow start but he got it going. Ledbetter totally bailed out the team with his 3s in the second quarter.

Next game Sunday! Not sure what time.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Nice ESPN article about Jimmer and the tournament, of which he is the headliner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    When is the next game?
    Sunday. I think it's 3pm ET.
    -Turtle

Love it.

Sunday. I think it's 3pm ET.
    DVR is set!

Craft decided he would rather guard a 5’6” dude.

Final 4 against Eberlein Drive on Aug 2 at 9 PM Eastern on ESPN.

This year, Eberlein is comprised of four players with NBA experience & five G-League veterans.
    They've got Jeremy Evans out of Western Kentucky. I'd also already heard of James Michael McAdoo out of UNC. Not sure which of their other guys have NBA experience, but from the portion of their game I watched today, it sounded as though Jerome Randall (Cal) is their leading scorer.

https://www.thetournament.com/teams/eberlein-drive
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post

They've got Jeremy Evans out of Western Kentucky. I'd also already heard of James Michael McAdoo out of UNC. Not sure which of their other guys have NBA experience, but from the portion of their game I watched today, it sounded as though Jerome Randall (Cal) is their leading scorer.

Lou Amundsen (sp?) out of UNLV had about a 10 year run in the league. But he’s gotta be close to 40 now.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Alex Kirk played in "10+" games in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post

Willie Reed has had recent stints in the NBA and has played really well in limited minutes - consistent PER in the 19 range. Essentially they have 4 big men with significant NBA experience, Randle who is averaging 26 ppg and SG, Donald Sloan, who has played in the NBA and can fill it up. They might be the most talented team left top to bottom.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Who's ready to watch Team Fredette back in action tonight?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

That was disappointing. Jimmer was bombing in the fourth quarter but turnovers killed them