No announcement yet.

Have you found some cool NCAA gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm really grumpy about selecting a BYU hat this season.

Nike hats are awful. All of their pro-fit hats at the bookstore are one-size fits all, which means they look funny on everyone. Hats from Walmart fit and wear better than a $32 lid from Nike.

I love Zephyr on CB and he makes a good hat, yet the pro-fit hats are high profile and just don't quite work for me. The low-profile, slouch fit hats are all adjustable and I hate that. I don't wear flat brim because I don't wear bedazzled jeans or sell pest control during the summer.

The hat that I love is '47 brand but they have a super limited BYU selection. I did find one at Lids that fit well and had a simple oval Y on the front, but the back had the tan logo. No! No! No!

I'd wear hats from previous seasons but we lost to Utah those seasons so F that S. I do have a royal blue Oval Y hat that I like, but I don't wear it during games because it's Under Armor. I can't do that. Maybe I can take out the logo with one of those thread ripper things used for sewing.

Anyways this is bullshit.

Comment

• Sounds like you are very hat-picky. I am, too. I think it's more that I don't look good in just any hat and there's nothing I can do to predict how I'll look in any given hat-- I just have to try it on.

Hoodies, on the other hand, are free game. I passed on this in the bookstore this summer and came back around to it online and had to get it. It's that rugged rugby jersey material that makes it go:

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
        Sounds like you are very hat-picky. I am, too. I think it's more that I don't look good in just any hat and there's nothing I can do to predict how I'll look in any given hat-- I just have to try it on.

Hoodies, on the other hand, are free game. I passed on this in the bookstore this summer and came back around to it online and had to get it. It's that rugged rugby jersey material that makes it go:

Its so weird to see the 90s coming back at us. My kid is beginning to repeat all my 90s mistakes.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          I'm really grumpy about selecting a BYU hat this season.

Nike hats are awful. All of their pro-fit hats at the bookstore are one-size fits all, which means they look funny on everyone. Hats from Walmart fit and wear better than a $32 lid from Nike.

I love Zephyr on CB and he makes a good hat, yet the pro-fit hats are high profile and just don't quite work for me. The low-profile, slouch fit hats are all adjustable and I hate that. I don't wear flat brim because I don't wear bedazzled jeans or sell pest control during the summer.

The hat that I love is '47 brand but they have a super limited BYU selection. I did find one at Lids that fit well and had a simple oval Y on the front, but the back had the tan logo. No! No! No!

I'd wear hats from previous seasons but we lost to Utah those seasons so F that S. I do have a royal blue Oval Y hat that I like, but I don't wear it during games because it's Under Armor. I can't do that. Maybe I can take out the logo with one of those thread ripper things used for sewing.

I sort of have the same dilemma. Zephyr's hats don't fit my head. Have you tried the Nike fitted for the baseball team? It's a block Y, fitted by size, but it does have a bit of a high profile. You can buy a size or two big, then curve the bill and shrink it down (sort of like the old 5950, 100% wool hats) by showering with it and leaving it on your head to dry. It takes more time to shrink down than a wool hat, but it works over time (and ends up smelling less than wool).
          Last edited by Green Monstah; 08-24-2018, 09:26 AM.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            I'm really grumpy about selecting a BYU hat this season.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Its so weird to see the 90s coming back at us. My kid is beginning to repeat all my 90s mistakes.
              If you were wearing that in the 90s, it definitely was a mistake. If you were wearing it when you first saw Top Gun in the theaters, that's understandable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                If you were wearing that in the 90s, it definitely was a mistake. If you were wearing it when you first saw Top Gun in the theaters, that's understandable.
                No offense to commando, but I was never wearing, and will never be wearing, that hoodie.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Sounds like you are very hat-picky. I am, too. I think it's more that I don't look good in just any hat and there's nothing I can do to predict how I'll look in any given hat-- I just have to try it on.

what are these random bullshit brands
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                    what are these random bullshit brands
                    It's a rugby apparel company.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      No offense to commando, but I was never wearing, and will never be wearing, that hoodie.
                      Why not? The rings around the biceps make you look jacked!

Comment

It's a rugby apparel company.
                        what does that mean
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                          what does that mean
                          They manufacture rugby jerseys and shorts and stuff.

Comment

• Just ordered my "Saturday is a Special Day" BYU Football t-shirt from Royal Army Brand. Mormon kitsch AF, but I couldn't say no.

Comment

• I actually think that's the right kind of kitsch- just really owning our tribe's dorkiness in a cool way that is only celebrating our football team. I'm thinking about that shirt, too.

Comment

• I'd wear this.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X