Downton Abbey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
    I cried during the Carson/Hughes engagement, and had to replay it to make sure I didn't miss anything.
    That was very nice and, along with my moniker's conversation with Edith and the usual banter from the old lady who likes like a chicken, helped offset the tiresomeness of the Bates murder story. Enough of that already.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      That was very nice and, along with my moniker's conversation with Edith and the usual banter from the old lady who likes like a chicken, helped offset the tiresomeness of the Bates murder story. Enough of that already.
      They should start a spin-off series based on the Bates murder accusations. Carry on for another nine seasons or so.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        Unfortunately, only one more season of the chicken lady. http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/magg...on-1201444202/
        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
          Unfortunately, only one more season of the chicken lady. http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/magg...on-1201444202/
          Great quote:

“They say this is the last one, and I can’t see how it could go on,” she said. “I mean, I certainly can’t keep going. To my knowledge, I must be 110 by now. We’re into the late 1920s.”
          They should just shut this thing down after next season.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• I thought the plan was to be done after next year.

They're hemorrhaging characters with Tom, Rose, and Atticus going to the US. They have plenty to work with for the next year, but it would probably be best to go out on top and not drag it out.
            Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
              Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]5539[/ATTACH]
              What an awesome movie idea. I can't wait.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                I thought the plan was to be done after next year.

They're hemorrhaging characters with Tom, Rose, and Atticus going to the US. They have plenty to work with for the next year, but it would probably be best to go out on top and not drag it out.
                I hope we get to see Tom and little Sibby at Fenway Park next season.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Anyone else watching the last season? You can stream the episodes on demand for a month after they play if you're vpn'd in to the UK.

Comment

• For those that like Downton Abbey, I'm wondering if you watched Poldark. For some reason, it didn't record on my DVR even though my wife has Masterpiece recording. I'm not sure what happened.

Anyway, Cornwall looks awesome. What a beautiful place. I have ancestors that came from there. In fact my paternal great great grandfather was born in Cornwall and came to Utah not because he was LDS, but because he was involved with mining.

I also want to say that my great great grandfather looked exactly like Aidan Turner and I'm the spitting image of him.
                    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                      For those that like Downton Abbey, I'm wondering if you watched Poldark. For some reason, it didn't record on my DVR even though my wife has Masterpiece recording. I'm not sure what happened.

Anyway, Cornwall looks awesome. What a beautiful place. I have ancestors that came from there. In fact my paternal great great grandfather was born in Cornwall and came to Utah not because he was LDS, but because he was involved with mining.

I also want to say that my great great grandfather looked exactly like Aidan Turner and I'm the spitting image of him.
                      Never watched it. I was able to spend a day down in Cornwall several years ago. Gorgeous area.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                        Never watched it. I was able to spend a day down in Cornwall several years ago. Gorgeous area.
                        The show lays it on thick with that actor riding the horse all over the Cornish countryside with his woman. Be on your best behavior or your wife will look upon you with disappointment in contrast.

In all seriousness, the Bond producers need to give serious consideration to the actor that plays Poldark to be the next Bond. He's Irish, but does English really well. Connery never really hid his Scottishness and Brosnan was Irish.
                        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                          For those that like Downton Abbey, I'm wondering if you watched Poldark. For some reason, it didn't record on my DVR even though my wife has Masterpiece recording. I'm not sure what happened.

I posted about it a few weeks ago. My wife and I enjoyed it.

Comment

• I heard the series finale was last night. Did anyone partake?
                            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                              I heard the series finale was last night. Did anyone partake?
                              Yes. It was the Bernie Sanders of Series finales: Ponies for everybody! Happy endings all around, regardless how improbable.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                Ponies for everybody!
                                When I was a little girl in Poland, we all had ponies. So what's wrong with that?
                                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Working...
                                X