• Show
Clear All

• NFL making Denver play without a QB [emoji849][emoji58]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Now who’s the dean? View Post
      NFL making Denver play without a QB [emoji849][emoji58]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      It’s Denver’s own fault so they get no sympathy from me. I’m already mad the Ravens/Steelers game is getting bumped to Tuesday. If teams can’t keep the virus under control then they should suffer the consequences.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        It’s Denver’s own fault so they get no sympathy from me. I’m already mad the Ravens/Steelers game is getting bumped to Tuesday. If teams can’t keep the virus under control then they should suffer the consequences.
        As a Denver fan, I hope they lose out so Elway is on the hot seat. But earlier this season, Denver lost a BYE week so the NFL’s former favorite team could have more time to get its Covid situation under control and get their starting QB back. Yet they won’t push today’s game to Tuesday to allow Denver to clear a QB. If Denver were playing another basement dweller this week and not the Saints, the league would totally do that. But it wants to protect its best teams. And they want the Saints to play today so they have time to prepare for next week.

I’d be fine If the rule were being enforced the same across the board. But it’s not. We can stop pretending like the NFL isn’t playing favorites with this thing.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          As a Denver fan, I hope they lose out so Elway is on the hot seat. But earlier this season, Denver lost a BYE week so the NFL’s former favorite team could have more time to get its Covid situation under control and get their starting QB back. Yet they won’t push today’s game to Tuesday to allow Denver to clear a QB. If Denver were playing another basement dweller this week and not the Saints, the league would totally do that. But it wants to protect its best teams. And they want the Saints to play today so they have time to prepare for next week.

I’d be fine If the rule were being enforced the same across the board. But it’s not. We can stop pretending like the NFL isn’t playing favorites with this thing.
          Well then why do the Steelers keep drawing the short straw? They're among the leading contenders this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
            Well then why do the Steelers keep drawing the short straw? They're among the leading contenders this year.
            Having your game moved back is not the short straw this year. Having to play without key players is.

But trust me, if the roles were reversed and it was the Steelers with all the COvId cases, the NFL would definitely be doing everything to have that game played with as many starters as possible.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              Having your game moved back is not the short straw this year. Having to play without key players is.

But trust me, if the roles were reversed and it was the Steelers with all the COvId cases, the NFL would definitely be doing everything to have that game played with as many starters as possible.
              Controlling Covid is somewhat a function of discipline. The Ravens disciplined a staffer for messing things up. So while not as bad as playing without key players, the Steelers lost a BYE week, then lost playing on Thanksgiving, and now getting pushed to Tuesday with a short week for the next game. It may not be the shortest straw, but they're carrying enough water this year to be sure.

Comment

• Ravens vs. Steelers gets postponed again t oWednesday afternoon. This is ridiculous. It looks like the NFL is also moving the Steelers next game to Monday so they at least have time to prepare...thankfully that game is against the WFT so not much prep is needed. But at some point Baltimore just needs to forfeit the game. The silver lining is that I'll be able to watch more games since they won't be on Sunday.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  Ravens vs. Steelers gets postponed again t oWednesday afternoon. This is ridiculous. It looks like the NFL is also moving the Steelers next game to Monday so they at least have time to prepare...thankfully that game is against the WFT so not much prep is needed. But at some point Baltimore just needs to forfeit the game. The silver lining is that I'll be able to watch more games since they won't be on Sunday.
                  just came here to laugh at Donut Hole for this.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                  X