The Denver Broncos Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    But those comments were made before Crabtree's year last year. Under pretty much any set of circumstances, D. Thomas and Decker were both equal to or better than Crabtree up to that point.
    No one knew how good Thomas and Eric Stallone were before Manning arrived. Thomas had 550 yards and 4 TDs in 2011. Crabtree had 850 yards and 4 TDs. Davis was more well-regarded than anyone else on either team.

Manning went to Denver for three reasons: 1) They offered more money than San Francisco; 2) He probably thought that there was no way in hell that he could co-exist with Jim Harbaugh; and 3) Denver was able to win with Tim Tebow, and if you were to rate QBs on scale of 1 to 10 with Tim Tebow being a one and Peyton Manning being a 10, Tim Tebow would be a 1 and Peyton Manning would be a 10 -- in other words, the fact that Denver was able to win with Tebow just spoke to how good the rest of the team was, especially the offensive line and defense.

I don't think that Manning looked at Sylvester Decker and Demarius Thomas and thought they were a repeat of Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. He may have seen that play that Thomas made against the Steelers in the playoffs and saw something, but I don't think Decker and Thomas's presence in Denver had much of anything to do with Manning's decision to go to Denver vs. San Francisco.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      No one knew how good Thomas and Eric Stallone were before Manning arrived. Thomas had 550 yards and 4 TDs in 2011. Crabtree had 850 yards and 4 TDs. Davis was more well-regarded than anyone else on either team.

Manning went to Denver for three reasons: 1) They offered more money than San Francisco; 2) He probably thought that there was no way in hell that he could co-exist with Jim Harbaugh; and 3) Denver was able to win with Tim Tebow, and if you were to rate QBs on scale of 1 to 10 with Tim Tebow being a one and Peyton Manning being a 10, Tim Tebow would be a 1 and Peyton Manning would be a 10 -- in other words, the fact that Denver was able to win with Tebow just spoke to how good the rest of the team was, especially the offensive line and defense.

I don't think that Manning looked at Sylvester Decker and Demarius Thomas and thought they were a repeat of Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. He may have seen that play that Thomas made against the Steelers in the playoffs and saw something, but I don't think Decker and Thomas's presence in Denver had much of anything to do with Manning's decision to go to Denver vs. San Francisco.
      The point is, he didn't look at Crabtree and Delaney Walker and see a repeat of those guys either. That's what made Hsaru's comments so ridiculous. He was acting like Manning was passing on Rice/Taylor/Jones/Craig, when, in actuality, he was passing on pretty comparable talent to what he was signing up with.

Oh, and for the record, I knew how good those guys were before Manning arrived.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post

I think there being less of a chance of playing Eli factored in to it as well.

He's on record as saying he didn't like to play and beat his brother.
        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Wow. I just noted we had a Broncos thread. Since 2011 apparently. No way would anyone confuse you guys with Steelers "fans" circa 2006.
          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
            Wow. I just noted we had a Broncos thread. Since 2011 apparently. No way would anyone confuse you guys with Steelers "fans" circa 2006.
            Hey, go bake some green and blue bread or something. While the dough is rising, you can browse through the other Broncos thread.

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...Daniels-thread
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Dang, if I had known that, I would have only had to change the team name... not both the team name and the year.
              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• I am so glad McDaniels got fired. I hate that guy.
                Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• My firm requires business-casual attire (sort of--there are some real business-casual slobs here) even on Fridays. Usually on the Friday before the Superbowl we get to wear jeans and an NFL shirt of some sort. This year that didn't happen for some reason, so it's business casual as usual. However, in support of the Broncos, I'm wearing white slacks, an orange dress shirt, and a navy v-neck sweater. Boom.

Comment

• Solid. We get team gear and jeans for Blue Fridays during the playoffs, but we've had it everyday this week.
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• I got Broncos gear for my whole family when I attended a game at Mile High last September. I'll be sporting my Peyton Manning jersey on Sunday. I'm excited for this game. I hope Peyton et al do go out in style with a victory to cap of an amazing season.

Comment

• The Denver Broncos Thread

Ugh. I’ve mocked that Joe Flacco contract from the moment it was a rumor, and I mocked it harder when the Ravens actually signed it. And now it’s Denver’s. Yikes. This is bad. It’s not Gruden as your head coach bad, but it’s pretty close. Not sure how paying a sub-standard QB 20M per season is going to help Denver’s sub-standard O-Line.

This might be the beginning of the end for Elway.
                        Last edited by Donuthole; 02-13-2019, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Ugh. I’ve mocked that Joe Flacco contract from the moment it was a rumor, and I mocked it harder when the Ravens actually signed it. And now it’s Denver’s. Yikes. This is bad. It’s not Gruden as your head coach bad, but it’s pretty close. Not sure how paying a sub-standard QB 20M per season is going to help Denver’s sub-standard O-Line.

This might be the beginning of the end for Elway.
                          three years left on a back loaded deal....not good for a QB that at this stage really isn't appreciably better then Keenum who they are already paying 18 million.
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Elway is getting excoriated for this deal. And rightfully so.

Comment

Elway is getting excoriated for this deal. And rightfully so.
                              36.5 million committed to two crappy QBS next year
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Yeah, but Flacco is elite, man!
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X