Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tapatalk issues and questions

For the first time I have one of those annoying ads. If I click it a page opens in safari. But it comes back to my Unread folder. I can't figure out how to get rid of the thing. Any ideas? Its for something called swoopt.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    For the first time I have one of those annoying ads. If I click it a page opens in safari. But it comes back to my Unread folder. I can't figure out how to get rid of the thing. Any ideas? Its for something called swoopt.
    In would suggest you take it up with the executive committee.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle View Post
    In would suggest you take it up with the executive committee.
    Are you kidding? Those guys are useless
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

New tapatalk interface for iPad is nice. Daddy likey
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Default Tapatalk issues and questions

Not sure if I'm late to the party, but Tapatalk just updated on me a day or two ago and seems to be unnecessarily busy. At the first several stabs, it seems rather obnoxious to navigate.
    Last edited by Dwight Schr-ute; 01-01-2015 at 11:29 AM.
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
    Not sure if I'm late to the party, but Tapatalk just updated on me a day or two ago and seems to be unnecessarily busy. At the first several stabs, it seems rather obnoxious to navigate.
    The newest update sucks.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

I'm not a fan either. One thing that seems to be gone (hoping someone has figured out how to still do it and shares the info) is the page navigation feature -- being able to tap the top border in a thread and jumping to any page.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie View Post
    I'm not a fan either. One thing that seems to be gone (hoping someone has figured out how to still do it and shares the info) is the page navigation feature -- being able to tap the top border in a thread and jumping to any page.
    Like this?

Like this?
    Right, but don't you have scroll to either the top or bottom of a thread page to have that option? Previously you could always tap at the top border regardless of where you were on a page.

I hate the update too. One problem is that it usually cuts off the bottom half of the last post when I'm browsing unread posts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Add me to the list of those who are not happy with the update. Among my dislikes:

1. It took me embarrassingly long to figure out how to get to unread posts (OK, maybe that one is on me, but how does that icon mean "unread"?)
    2. Too much wasted space. Look at all that gray space on falafel's post above. Is that an efficient use of limited real estate? (no)
    3. In the previous version, on my 6+, when I went into landscape mode, the left side of the screen would list the threads, and the right side would have the threads, making it easy to switch to new threads. Now I have to hit "back" then click on the new thread, doubling my clicks, and, I can only assume, wearing out my screen faster due to more frequent tapping on it.

If any of these are due to my own stupidity, please let me know how to fix. Otherwise, Jeff Lebowski, please put out a new version with fixes ASAP. TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    Add me to the list of those who are not happy with the update. Among my dislikes:

1. It took me embarrassingly long to figure out how to get to unread posts (OK, maybe that one is on me, but how does that icon mean "unread"?)
    2. Too much wasted space. Look at all that gray space on falafel's post above. Is that an efficient use of limited real estate? (no)
    3. In the previous version, on my 6+, when I went into landscape mode, the left side of the screen would list the threads, and the right side would have the threads, making it easy to switch to new threads. Now I have to hit "back" then click on the new thread, doubling my clicks, and, I can only assume, wearing out my screen faster due to more frequent tapping on it.

If any of these are due to my own stupidity, please let me know how to fix. Otherwise, Jeff Lebowski, please put out a new version with fixes ASAP. TIA.
    The trending feature is great though. grape's changing BYUI back to Ricks is in second place.

Oh good. Another update! Thumbs up!

Default Tapatalk issues and questions

Weird Ford advertisement on Tapatalk. It showed up in the Unread list as a thread to click on. TripleDad, any thoughts on the slogan?
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423104116.923895.jpg
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Interesting. I would have to see the ad to understand the context. When meaning is unclear, I believe that they may be used interchangeably. References to physical distance would typically mandate the use of "farther." But since this is an ad and perhaps appealing to the more ambiguous, unknown and immeasurable distances we travel in life either personally or spiritually, "further" would be acceptable. I think the most challenging aspect of this entire question is to first figure out why someone would buy a Ford.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Getting this message when trying to start a new thread in Critics Corner:

Love the Ford advertisement that rolls up every time I pull up the Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Love the Ford advertisement that rolls up every time I pull up the Tapatalk.
    Maybe the universe is telling you to be a man and buy a pickup.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

why do people use tapatalk? safari on my phone is way better
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    why do people use tapatalk? safari on my phone is way better
    That dumb Tapatalk Ford ad (and maybe some others) is bring in a whopping $15 per month in ad revenue.

Doesn't cover our costs, but it helps.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    That dumb Tapatalk Ford ad (and maybe some others) is bring in a whopping $15 per month in ad revenue.

Doesn't cover our costs, but it helps.
    But I already own a ford pick up.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Another Tapatalk update. Must be Wednesday. (It is Wednesday, right?)

Another Tapatalk update. Must be Wednesday. (It is Wednesday, right?)
    Is this Russia, Danny?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Is this Russia, Danny?
    I dont think he says "danny."

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    I dont think he says "danny."
    I haven't seen it since the 1980.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I haven't seen it since the 1980.
    you saw it the year it was released???

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    you saw it the year it was released???
    But not since.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Just FYI, this text is at the top of the Advanced Search page:

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 0

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupDiscussion::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupdiscussion.php on line 0

Quote Originally Posted by scottie View Post
    Just FYI, this text is at the top of the Advanced Search page:
    Thanks for the heads up. That actually has nothing to do with Tapatalk, but I will try to track it down.

Fixed!