Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tapatalk issues and questions

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Geez, now I feel guilty for ignoring it for so long.
    I meant to post and ask about it, but never got around to it either. I've been fine looking at the site in a browser.

Is there a way to make the tapatalk ad stop popping up constantly while I negotiate CUF on my iPhone? I don't want it but the ad is ruining my CUF experience to the point that I used my phone to access Cougarboard recently instead of CUF. I felt dirty and needed a scalding shower afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDog View Post
    Is there a way to make the tapatalk ad stop popping up constantly while I negotiate CUF on my iPhone? I don't want it but the ad is ruining my CUF experience to the point that I used my phone to access Cougarboard recently instead of CUF. I felt dirty and needed a scalding shower afterwards.
    Don't use tapatalk I guess. From an iPhone it's not really necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
    I tried tapatalk for a day and went back to using my web browser on my phone. Didn't care for it.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Isn't he complaining about the add that pops up when you are using a browser instead of tapatalk?

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanFootballMale View Post
    Isn't he complaining about the add that pops up when you are using a browser instead of tapatalk?
    You mean the one that says you can use tapatalk with this website when you browse to it? That might be a browser issue. I declined that and it hasn't popped up since.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    You mean the one that says you can use tapatalk with this website when you browse to it? That might be a browser issue. I declined that and it hasn't popped up since.
    That's correct. I don't use tapatalk and it asks me two times if I want tapatalk everytime I open a CUF page.

That's correct. I don't use tapatalk and it asks me two times if I want tapatalk everytime I open a CUF page.
    If you accept cookies it should only come up once.

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    If you accept cookies it should only come up once.
    Oh, I'll try that.

Oh, I'll try that.
    Didn't help me. I still have login on a regular basis.

BYU Delenda Est Mormon Red Death's Avatar
    the Planet Lovetron, bringing funkiness to all over the world

Is something going on with tapatalk? I login and it just stay in perpetual refreshing. Any thoughts?
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Is something going on with tapatalk? I login and it just stay in perpetual refreshing. Any thoughts?
    I have had this issue from time to time. The only thing that i have found that helps this is closing the program on my phone and turning off the data network and then turning it back on.

Why am I suddenly getting a Tapatalk ad every time I use CUF on my iPhone? I don't use Tapatalk and don't want to. I get the prompt every time I switch forums, open a post, or use any function on the board. Help!
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Why am I suddenly getting a Tapatalk ad every time I use CUF on my iPhone? I don't use Tapatalk and don't want to. I get the prompt every time I switch forums, open a post, or use any function on the board. Help!
    That happened to me about 3 weeks ago, it eventually just stopped after maybe 30 minutes.

Found the solution,

Jeff can you do this?

http://tapatalk.com/forum/threads/me...r-iphone.8337/

Found the solution,

Jeff can you do this?

Bump.

Found the solution,

Jeff can you do this?

Try it now. I renamed the java script file.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Try it now. I renamed the java script file.
    Not yet. Going to. Lear my cache and see

That did it! Thanks Jeff.

That did it! Thanks Jeff.
    No problem. I appreciate it when someone does the research for me on stuff like this.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Just upgraded to the latest version on the server. Let me know if you have any issues.

Just upgraded to the latest version on the server. Let me know if you have any issues.
    Thanks. Works great for me.

It's not really an issue, but I noticed the "Who's Online" page now apparently says "via Tapatalk" for the location of anyone who is using Tapatalk.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Public View Post
    It's not really an issue, but I noticed the "Who's Online" page now apparently says "via Tapatalk" for the location of anyone who is using Tapatalk.
    It has always been that way.

It has always been that way.
    Wow. I haven't seen the "via Tapatalk" location once in over a year of use, and tonight I saw it for the first time with roughly a third of the logged-in members showing that for their location. Maybe I'll buy a lottery ticket on the way home.

Anybody know how to disable the notifications?

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Anybody know how to disable the notifications?

Quit being a pansy and let it notify you.

If not, go to your phone..click on the settings button and go all the way down to the Notification and Sync and turn it off. Holy crap, I even help my arch nemesis. I am a great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
    Quit being a pansy and let it notify you.

If not, go to your phone..click on the settings button and go all the way down to the Notification and Sync and turn it off. Holy crap, I even help my arch nemesis. I am a great guy.
    Thanks! It's also kind of funny that you think of me as your arch nemesis cuz I don't think about you at all.

Default Tapatalk issues and questions

anybody else seeing advertisements for an app called "theScore" on tapatalk? They appear as if it is a discussion thread. Weird.

e.g.

Last edited by Donuthole; 02-19-2014 at 08:52 PM.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

I saw one just now. I thought it was a bot that was posting an advertisement. When I clicked on it, the thread disappeared.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!