Tapatalk issues and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Sorry. Mobile browser. You can create a shortcut on your phone so it pretty much behaves like an app.

There is a way to make a custom "Cougar Stadium" app, but I am not sure it would give us much beyond the mobile browser and it looks like a pain to build and maintain.
    The dude is right about the Cougar Staidum app. The way it works is a major pain in the butt:
    • Cougar Stadium would need to create and maintain Apple and Android development accounts.
    • Cougar Stadium would need pay for a toolkit from vBulletin that is used to generate an iPhone and an Android app. There is not a generic vBulletin app that supports vBulletin sites. Each generated app is specific to the site that it was generated for.
    • After paying for the toolkit we would generate our "Cougar Stadium" app
    • Cougar Stadium would then submit the app to Apple and Google for validation and approval. If all goes well it would be made available in the respective app stores
    • Cougar Stadium would then need to maintain this app by regenerating and resubmitting it whenever vBulletiin published patches.
    It doesn't seem worth it when the mobile browser works well enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

The dude is right about the Cougar Staidum app. The way it works is a major pain in the butt:
      • Cougar Stadium would need to create and maintain Apple and Android development accounts.
      • Cougar Stadium would need pay for a toolkit from vBulletin that is used to generate an iPhone and an Android app. There is not a generic vBulletin app that supports vBulletin sites. Each generated app is specific to the site that it was generated for.
      • After paying for the toolkit we would generate our "Cougar Stadium" app
      • Cougar Stadium would then submit the app to Apple and Google for validation and approval. If all goes well it would be made available in the respective app stores
      • Cougar Stadium would then need to maintain this app by regenerating and resubmitting it whenever vBulletiin published patches.
      It doesn't seem worth it when the mobile browser works well enough.
      Not only that, it seems like a lot of apps out there are simply glorified interfaces to an existing website.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Interestingly, since we got rid of Tapatalk the site has maintained very snappy performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
          Interestingly, since we got rid of Tapatalk the site has maintained very snappy performance.
          Yes. And no security breaches!
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• On a (remotely) similar topic, I recently started using Cake web browser on my iPhone and I like it. The interface is pretty cool with great security features. Also provides a free VPN option.
            https://cakebrowser.com

Comment

Working...
            X