No announcement yet.

Inked: The Tattoo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Teachers Quorum adviser had a Marijuana Leaf that spanned his upper back. He never told you about it, we just got to see it during swimming activities. Don't do that one.

Comment

I am not inked as I could never figure out something cool to get. However I do have a pact with a few buddies that if any of them dies the other 2 will get a tattoo in remembrance of them.
      *Banned*

Comment

so you're pretty much doomed to get a tattoo at some point unless you die first.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
          I've only seen a couple of tatoos that were actually worthwhile and not trashy, so I would play the odds and not get one. However, if you do, I wouldn't go cheap... I don't know if that is advice or not.
          Along with not going cheap, be sure that the tattooer uses new needles and fresh ink. My BIL is a transplant surgeon who specializes in livers. He told me once that they traced a lot of hep C back to tattoos that were done with new needles, but the shared ink well transmitted the virus.
          sigpic
          "Outlined against a blue, gray
          October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
          Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            I am not inked as I could never figure out something cool to get. However I do have a pact with a few buddies that if any of them dies the other 2 will get a tattoo in remembrance of them.
            time for the teardrop! orale!
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
              I figured it was an accountability thing. You're going to feel pretty silly if you tattoo 115 on your hip and you're sporting 140.
              Another non-tattoo option for weight loss accountability is to step on a scale every morning, keep a log of your weight, etc. Just a thought.

nik's explanation seems to make sense...memorialize an accomplishment that has personal meaning.

Lately, I have been toying with getting a CUF tattoo. Maybe the split U-Y logo or something along those lines.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Many people think that my avatar is me. We all know its not really me. It is actually a Richard Simmons tattoo on my back. It basically fills my entire back and I have received many compliments from the ladies as I sit out on the beach shirtless.

Comment

Any of the latin aficionados want to chime in as to what the following phrase means:

"Constringo is ere inxi icum per aeternitas"

I'd like to know if it means what someone thinks it means, since he now has it tattooed across his back.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by UteStar View Post
                    Many people think that my avatar is me. We all know its not really me. It is actually a Richard Simmons tattoo on my back. It basically fills my entire back and I have received many compliments from the ladies as I sit out on the beach shirtless.
                    Your avatar is a picture of David Hasselhoff, not Richard Simmons.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      Any of the latin aficionados want to chime in as to what the following phrase means:

"Constringo is ere inxi icum per aeternitas"

I'd like to know if it means what someone thinks it means, since he now has it tattooed across his back.
                      The Latin translator machine does not help much:

To bind this ere inxi icum very aeternitas
                      *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                        The Latin translator machine does not help much:
                        lol. yeah, I tried that, too. I remember my little bro sending me a letter on my mission that he had pasted into the english-to spanish translator on our computer. It made absolutely no sense.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

This is the first time I've seen this thread. A tattoo to commemorate weight loss? wtf?!

The daughter one I totally get. Go for it!
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

I dig the idea of it, but like many here I haven't ever seen anything I would want. Combine that with 90+% of all tattoos being silly and/or hideous, and it seems like a big jump. I have a half-baked idea of getting something when I get the PhD, but I wouldn't know what to get. There are a few cool ideas in Carl Zimmer's Science Tattoo Emporium but even most of those are either not relevant to me or ugly. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                              This is the first time I've seen this thread. A tattoo to commemorate weight loss? wtf?!

The daughter one I totally get. Go for it!
                              Yeah, this idea seems totally stupid two years later.

Last night my wife and I were talking about this. I have no real moral objections to getting a tattoo per se, but I can't think of anything I won't hate in two years.
                              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

I like the idea of a small bike tattoo on my left calf but I won't do it. Maybe I'll so something original like some barb wire around my bicep.

Comment

Working...
                                X