Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parn my french but ...

what a clusterfuck.

Props to the utes but this was a winnable game ... I've decided that yes, it's Max's fault, but I'm more pissed at Anae. Why the hell wouldn't you run more when it was working.

Interestingly, both times when I was screaming to run was when the picks came. First at the end of first half. We were almost in FG range ... pound it up the middle. Worst case is you go to the half down 3, best case you're tied. Instead, he insists on passing and here comes the first pick.

And then the really bad one was during that drive in the 3rd where Fui and Unga were running over everyone. He goes back to the pass and that started the pickfest.

What a frustrating loss.
    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
    Props to the utes but this was a winnable game ... I've decided that yes, it's Max's fault, but I'm more pissed at Anae. Why the hell wouldn't you run more when it was working.
    I just got home from the stadium. That game was closer than the score indicated, in a sense, but Hall was truly awful -- and the Utes were good in the defensive backfield. A couple of those picks required good defense and some real athleticism. At least that's how it looked to me. Even so, I was chewing my nails most of the game -- BYU was moving the ball. The picks killed you.
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
      I just got home from the stadium. That game was closer than the score indicated, in a sense, but Hall was truly awful -- and the Utes were good in the defensive backfield. A couple of those picks required good defense and some real athleticism. At least that's how it looked to me. Even so, I was chewing my nails most of the game -- BYU was moving the ball. The picks killed you.
      I think we all knew the game would come down to turnovers / mistakes. I just had no idea it would be THAT one sided in that department.

Anyway good luck in the BCS. Here's hoping you get a decent opponent this time.
      "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

While I'd like to pin it entirely on Hall, I think that would take away from some really brilliant calls by Gary Anderson (who I have always thought was a very good DC). I saw the Kruger pick about to happen before it did - it was brilliant move.
        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
          While I'd like to pin it entirely on Hall, I think that would take away from some really brilliant calls by Gary Anderson (who I have always thought was a very good DC). I saw the Kruger pick about to happen before it did - it was brilliant move.
          Not to take anything away from the Ute D or GA, but Hall really made it easy for the D to at least be in position to make the plays they did. I can't remember seeing Hall check down or work through reads all night. The guy was like Viper in Top Gun last night, locked on his target. As I mentioned in another post, it's one thing for the secondary to be reading the QB's eyes, but when the DL can and bat down as many balls as they did last night? Inexcusable.

Ludwig called a great game. But really any OC playing this BYU can if you're patient enough to abuse the soft zone. I mean you got 10 yards to play with on every play because our DBs play so far off. If you're content enough to dink and dump and choose your shots down field you'll move the chains all day. With little pressure on BJ, it doesn't take much for a mediocre QB to rip BYU's D let alone a really good one like BJ is.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
            what a clusterfuck.

Interestingly, both times when I was screaming to run was when the picks came. First at the end of first half. We were almost in FG range ... pound it up the middle. Worst case is you go to the half down 3, best case you're tied. Instead, he insists on passing and here comes the first pick.

And then the really bad one was during that drive in the 3rd where Fui and Unga were running over everyone. He goes back to the pass and that started the pickfest.

What a frustrating loss.
            Bronco is the head coach. It's his responsibility to rearrange Anae's thinking during the game. Anae, the buffoon, only does what Bronco allows him to do.

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
              Anderson is definitely more innovative and creative than anyone on BYU's defensive staff.

Comment

Working...
              X