The Black Friday Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    The only problem with online is a lot of places you have to pay for shipping.
    We didn't experience that last night, and couple that with no sales tax and we came out better on 95% of our purchases. The one item we didn't was roughly $12 more for 3 items. We figured that was worth not heading out at 4am for.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
      PS, I love my parents and my in laws, but man grandparents ruin Christmas for parents.
      This is a problem for me also.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

We did most of our shopping online but I don't like buying clothes without trying them on and seeing them first.

We saw some weird stuff last night. Some people in line to buy one or two items discounted by about $10. Seems like a lot of hassle to save $10. One couple told us they just love the spectacle and participate every year, although they rarely buy anything.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          This is a problem for me also.

One set of parents has stolen our big gift to the kids every year. I am grateful that they are able to do this, but I wish they would not steal our gifts or one up us.

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          We did most of our shopping online but I don't like buying clothes without trying them on and seeing them first.
          This is a good point. Can't remember buying any clothing items online without them being repeat purchases. My wife did go out this morning about a half hour ago to buy some of the kids clothes and just texted me this,

"I just got $5 PJs at 10:30. Who says you need to wake up early!?"

Comment

Went to Walmart in Saratoga Springs. Got there at 11:45 and stood with a mass of humanity near the DVD's. Once the Walmart guy shouted that it was time to start, the mass of humanity moved as one to grab their wares. I stayed in the back not wanting to be in that mosh pit. I heard screams, I heard "owwwww", I heard cussing. I then calmly walkd to the movies and picked up blu ray Dark Knight, blu ray Karate Kid, Toy Story 3 and How to train your dragon.

As I was moving my way towards the exit at a snails pace, the lady next to me randomly started telling me that her brother died yesterday and she and her mom were at Walmart to get her mind off things. Then she proceeded to ask if I wanted a waffle maker. I took one of her waffle makers.

If anyone in the area wants a Dark Knight blu ray for 5 bucks, Karate Kid blu ray for 10 bucks or Toy Story 3 DVD for 10, let me know. I have extras.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              Sometimes it's nice not having any money to spend.
              Ditto that.

Comment

For our more seasoned Cuffers like PAC, la ute, creekster, and 71, I noticed that the Nautica section at Macy's Mens is not crowded and there seems to be lots of good deals to be had on Nautica windbreakers and Nautica cologne/shave kits.

sigpic

Comment

Reporting live from Nordstrom Rack. Walked in, waited in a short line, asked form price adjustment on stuff I bought hassle free on Wed, received 70% price adjustment, left store.

Black Friday success.

sigpic

Comment

It's time for my annual video game buying binge. So far:

1. NBA Jam for $29.00 from KMart.com ($1.00 shipping).

2. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit from kmart.com ($1.00 shipping)

3. Red Dead Redemption for $29.00 from amazon.com (free shipping).

4. Ratchet and Clank a Crack in Time for $15.00 from Gamestop.

The only other things I bought were a 2D Mag-Lite and a 3D Mag-Lite LED flashlight from Lowes for $15.00 a piece. I need to see how much these things are at Costco.
                    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      Sometimes it's nice not having any money to spend.
                      Or, its nice to have some money so you don't have to scavenge when it's dark outside.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                        It's time for my annual video game buying binge. So far:

1. NBA Jam for $29.00 from KMart.com ($1.00 shipping).

2. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit from kmart.com ($1.00 shipping)

3. Red Dead Redemption for $29.00 from amazon.com (free shipping).

4. Ratchet and Clank a Crack in Time for $15.00 from Gamestop.

The only other things I bought were a 2D Mag-Lite and a 3D Mag-Lite LED flashlight from Lowes for $15.00 a piece. I need to see how much these things are at Costco.
                        Gamestop has some good deals online. Harry potter Lego for 29$

sigpic

Comment

I slept in until 9:45, had a nice big breakfast and then I installed a new water heater. Saved myself $400 by doing it myself.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

You can download Weezer Hurley for $1.99 today only. You can also get Bob Marley Legend for $3.99.
                            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              I slept in until 9:45, had a nice big breakfast and then I installed a new water heater. Saved myself $400 by doing it myself.
                              You should have waited until the day after Christmas. You would have probably saved twice that amount.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                                You can download Weezer Hurley for $1.99 today only. You can also get Bob Marley Legend for $3.99.
                                I think I will just go watch Weezer play Hurley live, also today only.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X