The Black Friday Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    The E Series Vizio is a PoS Black Friday Special. Don't bother with a TV this year unless you get one with HDR, or if you absolutely need a TV. On top of that, Samsung apparently doesn't work with Dolby Vision which is one of the two competing HDR formats. Vizio and LG do work with both HDR10 and Dolby Vision.

That said, I'm not sure whether the M series from Vizio is real HDR or something in between. If so, and if you can get past the fact that you'll have to deal with an external tuner along with potentially another cord and remote for broadcast transmissions, the M series at Costco is the best deal.

The other thing to consider regarding the TV tuner thing is that some of these TVs have the capability to plug in a thumb drive which enables live tv pausing, rewinding, etc. Some might do more than that and may actually allow you to record on to a thumb drive or external hard drive.
    dude ngaf about tuners. stop being poor and call comcast.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      dude ngaf about tuners. stop being poor and call comcast.
      It's stupid to not have a tuner on a TV right now. Have fun being part of the 65 and older crowd that's still subscribing to cable.

ESPN is moving more towards streamers, and they're already on Sling TV and Vue.

You know what's not on Sling TV and Vue? Most broadcast affiliates. So basically you can either pay Comcast $100 a month or pay $30 to Sony. The only difference (other than a cloud based DVR), is Comcast has the broadcast channels.

So you're paying $70 extra for something you can get for free. If you're still doing that with the current proliferation of streaming services, you're either 75 years old or you're a moron.
      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Not a black Friday deal, but I just nabbed a Classic NES system.

Walmart has them available every day at 5:00 PM Eastern, but they sell out in minutes.
        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
          Not a black Friday deal, but I just nabbed a Classic NES system.

Walmart has them available every day at 5:00 PM Eastern, but they sell out in minutes.
          You lucky dog.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
            You lucky dog.
            Took me a week to get one, logging in at 5 every day. You gotta set up a profile with a shipping address and payment...then you gotta get it in your cart. You probably won't get it the first day, but if you can at least get one in your cart and do a "save for later" you can probably get it on one of the subsequent days.
            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

It's stupid to not have a tuner on a TV right now. Have fun being part of the 65 and older crowd that's still subscribing to cable.

You know what's not on Sling TV and Vue? Most broadcast affiliates. So basically you can either pay Comcast $100 a month or pay $30 to Sony. The only difference (other than a cloud based DVR), is Comcast has the broadcast channels.

So you're paying $70 extra for something you can get for free. If you're still doing that with the current proliferation of streaming services, you're either 75 years old or you're a moron.
              ok, guy with an antenna on a plastic chair in his backyard
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

The problem in your argument is that you assume people care that much about network affiliates. What do I want those for anyway? I haven't watched the local news in years (I also don't subscribe to the newspaper - I'm assuming you do). I can get all of the shows on the locals channels through Hulu, which has no commercials, and has lots of content besides just Empire and Jimmy Fallon. Plus I can watch it whenever I want instead of acting like its 1996 and I have to tune it at 8:30 on a Thursday night to catch Friends. A few years from now, all the locals will be on all the streaming services anyway.

The only thing I have missed about not having local channels is the NFL, but I really don't care that much about it. Not enough to string a cable through two floors of my house to my attic so that I can get a few free channels. For the world series, I got all the games on Fox Sports Now, which was beautiful on my TV. I haven't tried, but I may be able to get NFL games there as well. Or if I really cared that much about the NFL, I would just get Sunday ticket and find a way to cast it to my screen.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Lol, no offense but in your scenario you are talking about saving $70 a month. I don't know what you do for work, but based on the amount of time you have spent trying to configure this and search the internet for good deal, I could earn the $70 pretty easily.
                  *Banned*

Comment

I guess I'm a moran, I've been called worse.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

• Sennheiser HD 598 Cs Closed Back Headphone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JP436TS..._3cpoybN9QAV1T

A set of Sennheiser headphones $150 off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• I watched all of the NFL games on Thanksgiving via the broadcast networks' tv apps, and all worked flawlessly. Still not sure what I need a tuner for.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                        X