Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667
Results 1,981 to 1,987 of 1987

Thread: The Official Thread for Runners

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    My daughter was able to attend the first year of a local running camp.

Here is a great write-up about it: https://ultrarunning.com/featured/de...s-are-alright/

She gets referenced in the article
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

That's great, BP. Thanks for sharing it.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

That’s pretty awesome, piney. Good for your girl

Convict lake is one place I would love to visit sometime. looks incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
    That’s pretty awesome, piney. Good for your girl

Convict lake is one place I would love to visit sometime. looks incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's only 45 minutes from my door. You are welcome anytime.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Have any of you seen or used an app called Relive? I must have signed up for it (through Strava, perhaps?) and it's kind of cool. I received an email showing me this morning's run. It's an aerial shot of my neighborhood and follows my run along the path that I took. It's virtual, not real video, but it's still fun to watch. It even included a flag where I'd stopped to change podcasts on my phone, which means I can't stop for brief rests since I'm being watched.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Have any of you seen or used an app called Relive? I must have signed up for it (through Strava, perhaps?) and it's kind of cool. I received an email showing me this morning's run. It's an aerial shot of my neighborhood and follows my run along the path that I took. It's virtual, not real video, but it's still fun to watch. It even included a flag where I'd stopped to change podcasts on my phone, which means I can't stop for brief rests since I'm being watched.
    My friend posts those. He works for Esri. Not sure if they are involved or not. I'll check it out.

Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I have gotten and enjoyed Relive videos for a couple of years now. I never subscribed, I have no idea how they started. But I like them. If you stop along the way to take pictures and load them to Strava, it will display the picture when it gets to the point in the path that you took it.

Here is a random recent mountain bike ride from Relive, if someone wants to see what they are like.
    https://www.relive.cc/view/1720559812