The Official Thread for Runners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
    My daughter was able to attend the first year of a local running camp.

Here is a great write-up about it: https://ultrarunning.com/featured/de...s-are-alright/

She gets referenced in the article
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• That's great, BP. Thanks for sharing it.
      "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• That’s pretty awesome, piney. Good for your girl

Convict lake is one place I would love to visit sometime. looks incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
          That’s pretty awesome, piney. Good for your girl

Convict lake is one place I would love to visit sometime. looks incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          It's only 45 minutes from my door. You are welcome anytime.

Comment

• Have any of you seen or used an app called Relive? I must have signed up for it (through Strava, perhaps?) and it's kind of cool. I received an email showing me this morning's run. It's an aerial shot of my neighborhood and follows my run along the path that I took. It's virtual, not real video, but it's still fun to watch. It even included a flag where I'd stopped to change podcasts on my phone, which means I can't stop for brief rests since I'm being watched.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              Have any of you seen or used an app called Relive? I must have signed up for it (through Strava, perhaps?) and it's kind of cool. I received an email showing me this morning's run. It's an aerial shot of my neighborhood and follows my run along the path that I took. It's virtual, not real video, but it's still fun to watch. It even included a flag where I'd stopped to change podcasts on my phone, which means I can't stop for brief rests since I'm being watched.
              My friend posts those. He works for Esri. Not sure if they are involved or not. I'll check it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                Have any of you seen or used an app called Relive? I must have signed up for it (through Strava, perhaps?) and it's kind of cool. I received an email showing me this morning's run. It's an aerial shot of my neighborhood and follows my run along the path that I took. It's virtual, not real video, but it's still fun to watch. It even included a flag where I'd stopped to change podcasts on my phone, which means I can't stop for brief rests since I'm being watched.
                I have gotten and enjoyed Relive videos for a couple of years now. I never subscribed, I have no idea how they started. But I like them. If you stop along the way to take pictures and load them to Strava, it will display the picture when it gets to the point in the path that you took it.

Here is a random recent mountain bike ride from Relive, if someone wants to see what they are like.
                https://www.relive.cc/view/1720559812

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                  So far so good. I've had minimal pain since the surgery, but being laid up is a pain. I'll know better over the next several weeks how fast the recovery goes. I'll turn around and do the right foot just as soon as I can.
                  Had the left foot operated on May 15, right one on August 31. The left foot plateaued waiting for the right foot. Now they're both starting to get stronger. I rode my bike #sorryDH for the first time in a year. I went 12 miles at about a 15-16 mph pace on the paved canal trail. Hopefully running soon as well.

My feet are noticably better, but still sore and tight from the procedure.

Comment

• https://www.runfun.com/en/

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      You should get one.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

After looking at this I chose to believe it is satire.

Comment

Stick a baby seat on that thing and you've got yourself a product!
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Ran 8.3 miles this morning. The temp was 77 degrees but it was 90% humidity and this was at 5:30am. It was so hot/humid that for the last two miles my shoes were soaked and the water was squishing every time I took a stride. Gross. A cold front is coming in this weekend which should push morning temps all the way down to 66!

Comment

Ran 8.3 miles this morning. The temp was 77 degrees but it was 90% humidity and this was at 5:30am. It was so hot/humid that for the last two miles my shoes were soaked and the water was squishing every time I took a stride. Gross. A cold front is coming in this weekend which should push morning temps all the way down to 66!
                              Are you upping the mileage for a race or target, or just lengthening the distance lately fora change?
                              I have nothing else to say at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parrot Head View Post
                                Are you upping the mileage for a race or target, or just lengthening the distance lately fora change?
                                I’m registered for a 70.3 in Florida in two weeks. For now the race is still on (thanks to Florida having a GOP governor). It was originally scheduled for May but of course that didn’t happen. Keeping my condition through the summer has been awful. Last week was my worst week and it’s on to tapering now. Work has been crazy so it’s been tough to find time to train and I’ve been exhausted through it all but I’m glad it’s almost over.

I’ve got a half marathon in March, which I do every year and I’ll just glide into that without training too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X