The Official Thread for Runners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
    I ran 8 miles this morning with my 15 ye old daughter. I can’t remember the last time I went that far.

it was way too hot, but luckily we were by the canals most of the way and were able to dip our shirts to cool things off.

may be time to sign up for a race to get myself going out more and so I can get faster. Today was 65 minutes and even though it was supposed to be easy I still look back and think it should be faster. Just need to get some more miles in me. A watch that works works be nice too.
    You ran for 65 minutes? And you want to do it again?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

How do you know it was 65 minutes?
      My daughter has her watch.

Comment

• Kipchoge goes 2:01:09 at the Berlin Marathon, breaking his own world record. Someone is going to get an official sub-2 eventually. So incredibly fast.
        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
          Kipchoge goes 2:01:09 at the Berlin Marathon, breaking his own world record. Someone is going to get an official sub-2 eventually. So incredibly fast.
          That is smoking fast. Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
            Kipchoge goes 2:01:09 at the Berlin Marathon, breaking his own world record. Someone is going to get an official sub-2 eventually. So incredibly fast.
            Some day that will happen but I wonder if it’ll happen in my lifetime. He’s basically running a 4:37 pace and only needs to drop a couple secs per mile, but that isn’t very easy to do. He also had perfect conditions with the course and weather.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• After my recent health scares, my walking really dwindled. I am now back to 40+ miles a week (140 miles this month so far). This month, I resumed walking up to US 89. It is still a loooong walk to get up there

I am a whole lot slower than I used to be, 16 - 18 min/mile vs 13 - 14. It is nice to be retired

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Originally posted by happyone View Post
                After my recent health scares, my walking really dwindled. I am now back to 40+ miles a week (140 miles this month so far). This month, I resumed walking up to US 89. It is still a loooong walk to get up there

I am a whole lot slower than I used to be, 16 - 18 min/mile vs 13 - 14. It is nice to be retired
                It does my heart good to hear from you. Glad you're able to walk, even if it's not as fast as it used to be.

Comment

• A couple of months ago, while I was strolling the neighborhood, I passed my former bishops house (he is now in another ward, and was my bishop when I started walking) He asked me if I knew how far I had walked since I started. I don't exactly, but it as about 15 yrs ago and I figure I cover at least 30 miles a week - some doing some quick arithmatic in my head, I came up with an estimate - 15 yrs x 30 mpw x 50 weeks = 22500 miles. He was stunned, his follow up question was how many pairs of shoes had I gone through. I get between 400 and 500 miles on a pair of shoes, so that is roughly 3 pairs/year. That totals to 45 pairs

Kind of hard to comprehend.

By the way, I am now as healthy as I probably ever will be again. Still diabetic, but it is under control.

Took the dogs for a walk to night in the snow. There was just enough snow on the sidewalks/roads to crunch but not enough make it feel like one is walking through sand. I find walking in light snow at night to be an almost religious experience.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• That is amazing. Glad you are still out there walking

Comment

• Tnx

Comment

• Soon enough you'll have walked enough to go around the Earth.

Comment

Working...
                        X