• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Oakland, CA- 5
    Richmond, CA- 6
    Vallejo, CA- 33

I lived in all 3 cities growing up.
    We used to go regularly to a Rod and Gun Club that Chevron owns in Richmond. To get there, we had to travel through one of the roughest areas in town. Even at 8:00 on a Saturday morning, we locked the doors and rolled up the windows and only stopped at necessary stoplights.

Vallejo, same story. There was one neighborhood back behind Marine World where the police would rarely venture when things were especially rowdy back in the Rodney king days.

I've been to dozens of A's games at the Coliseum and can't tell you how many times we've had our windows washed at those stoplights through down town by some of the well-meaning locals.

Comment

New York at 250+ makes me very appreciative to live in this great city.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
        We used to go regularly to a Rod and Gun Club that Chevron owns in Richmond. To get there, we had to travel through one of the roughest areas in town. Even at 8:00 on a Saturday morning, we locked the doors and rolled up the windows and only stopped at necessary stoplights.

Vallejo, same story. There was one neighborhood back behind Marine World where the police would rarely venture when things were especially rowdy back in the Rodney king days.

I've been to dozens of A's games at the Coliseum and can't tell you how many times we've had our windows washed at those stoplights through down town by some of the well-meaning locals.
        Back behind Marine World is called The Crest. My cousin is a Vallejo police officer and they will not even go in there now. Growing up the missionaries went tracting through their once and ended up getting robbed at gun point. Vallejo PD decided about 10 years ago to do foot patrol through there. They sent in two police officers in the middle of the day, they parked their car on one corner and came back about 15 minutes later they came back and their car was completely stripped of everything inside and on fire.

There is a burger king at the entrance to The Crest that is completely bullet proof they hand you your food through a turnstyle. That is a rough neighborhood.

We only lived in Richmond for a short time but my grandpa lived there the whole time I was growing up. Everytime I went to his house he would have a new bike. He had about 100 really nice bikes. I later found out he would buy them for $20 off the kids in the neighborhood fix them up and sell them. They were all stolen.
        *Banned*

Comment

Working...
        X