Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creekster View Post
    Reminds me of that old joke by George Carlin:

"You ever notice how everybody else's stuff is just crap, but all your crap is good stuff? 'Get that crap off the dresser! There's no room for my stuff!'"
    Hey Creek, is that verbatim?
    I have nothing else to say at this time.

Comment

Walmart is doing their wii deal again tonight. You get the Wii, super mario bros. Wii sports, and Wii sports resort for $199. You then get a $75 gift card to Walmart.

It starts at 9:00pm tonight and you can also purchase online.
      *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        Walmart is doing their wii deal again tonight. You get the Wii, super mario bros. Wii sports, and Wii sports resort for $199. You then get a $75 gift card to Walmart.

It starts at 9:00pm tonight and you can also purchase online.
        Sweet. I bought two on BF, but those only came with a $50 gift card. I already sold one for $185 (and pocketed the gift card), but I'll take my receipt back tomorrow on the other one and get an additional $25 gift card.

I'm actually tempted to buy another one, because, while supply is high now, I have a feeling that on Christmas Eve, in-store supply will be low, and somebody will be happy to pay $199 for a Wii that Santa can bring the next day. Also, risk is low, because I could always return it and the gift card after Christmas if I find no takers.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Sweet. I bought two on BF, but those only came with a $50 gift card. I already sold one for $185 (and pocketed the gift card), but I'll take my receipt back tomorrow on the other one and get an additional $25 gift card.

I'm actually tempted to buy another one, because, while supply is high now, I have a feeling that on Christmas Eve, in-store supply will be low, and somebody will be happy to pay $199 for a Wii that Santa can bring the next day. Also, risk is low, because I could always return it and the gift card after Christmas if I find no takers.
          You probably re-sold David Archuleta tickets for a premium.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            You probably re-sold David Archuleta tickets for a premium.
            Never. But I have been known to sell GC tickets. The Sunday AM session is a tough ticket to find.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Every year on the news I’m amazed and horrified at all the trashy people filling up shopping carts of junk at huge “discounts.” Lady on the news just now saying she saved $1000. Uhhh no I think you wasted a whole bunch of money you don’t yet have.

Is there a surer sign of low class status than the hard core Black Friday shopper maxing out her credit card on this day every year? Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                Every year on the news I’m amazed and horrified at all the trashy people filling up shopping carts of junk at huge “discounts.” Lady on the news just now saying she saved $1000. Uhhh no I think you wasted a whole bunch of money you don’t yet have.

Is there a surer sign of low class status than the hard core Black Friday shopper maxing out her credit card on this day every year? Yikes.
                Agreed. A low IQ tell.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Agreed. A low IQ tell.
                  Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                  I've gone every year for the last 8 years. I enjoy it.

Comment

we went. didn’t buy anything, but the spectacle is worth it
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Nothing wrong with buying some stuff today — I got some ski gear on our way up the canyon.

I’m talking about the people elbowing each other out of the way to fill up shopping carts at Toys R Us.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                        we went. didn’t buy anything, but the spectacle is worth it
                        I just watch the spectacle of twitter from my couch. I love seeing people fight over a plastic widget. There was a video I saw this morning of a middle aged woman ripping a box out of the hands of a kid no older than 5 years old. Unbelievable. Black Friday shoppers are, in general, low class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          I just watch the spectacle of twitter from my couch. I love seeing people fight over a plastic widget. There was a video I saw this morning of a middle aged woman ripping a box out of the hands of a kid no older than 5 years old. Unbelievable. Black Friday shoppers are, in general, low class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          agree

Comment

Drudge runs the same headline every year, "Season's Beatings." There was a group of a dozen women profiled on the Fox local Salt Lake news who made t-shirts for themselves for their yearly trips to Wal Mart to brawl with Mad Max extras for a $10 mcmuffin maker. They gave each other nicknames, one was simply "lol." The average t shirt size was around xxl.

That said, Allen Edmonds has a sale on a few of their shoes, from $400 down to $200. In particular the MacNeil and the blucher versions of the Park Ave and Fifth Ave. You can order them online if you don't want to stop by one of their stores.

I also bought a dishwasher yesterday, replacing my nine year old builder grade GE 100 decibel PoS. It still works, but not well, just like the other nine years of ownership
                            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

3 years ago my son convinced me to go to Best Buy's Black Friday sale. He wanted a bluetooth Harman Kardon speaker. It did have pretty good sound. And it was on the crazy sale price of only 150! It was originally 450!!! I couldn't resist either, so I got one for my office.

Later we looked up the price online to see how high it would go. It was 150. And the next week. And the next year, and now. You can still get it for 150. Black Friday sales are lame.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                                3 years ago my son convinced me to go to Best Buy's Black Friday sale. He wanted a bluetooth Harman Kardon speaker. It did have pretty good sound. And it was on the crazy sale price of only 150! It was originally 450!!! I couldn't resist either, so I got one for my office.

Later we looked up the price online to see how high it would go. It was 150. And the next week. And the next year, and now. You can still get it for 150. Black Friday sales are lame.
                                sounds like your diligence skills are lame

Comment

Working...
                                X