Harry Potter 7 Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
    Not sure yet. It's showing at the Muvico by the mall I know. That theater is pretty sweet if you haven't been yet. I am sure we won't see it for a week or two, you know after the waiting in line for an hour before the movie to get a seat dies down. But if Muvico is showing it in their adults only theater with reserved seats I'd be down for that.
    Lemme check and I will get back to ya.

Comment

So any of you Harry Potter fans on a quidditch team yet?

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=13281781

Comment

I liked it. I thought the adaptation did a good job of trimming the fat of the 7th book and tightening up the story. We all remarked after seeing it that the time went quickly.
        "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

Comment

The wife and ten year old went to it last night while I stayed home with tthe 3 year old. They loved the movie. They did not love the 3 hours of sleep last night. Waking up the ten year old was hilarious after the abbreviated night's sleep. There was much mourning of the free elf.

Comment

I'm going tonight and looking forward to it.

I didn't like any of the HP movies up until #6, which I thought was very well done. I'm hoping this one is like #6.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Oh, and a parental headsup: the 7th movie is very dark. Lots of "jump" scenes, too, and one in particular that I think would scare little viewers. I wouldn't take anybody under ten, and even then, it would depend on the kid.
              "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Funk View Post
                Oh, and a parental headsup: the 7th movie is very dark. Lots of "jump" scenes, too, and one in particular that I think would scare little viewers. I wouldn't take anybody under ten, and even then, it would depend on the kid.
                Were there a lot of kids there under 10?
                "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                  Not to answer this question directly, but when I went to see The Dark Knight there were full families in attendance going all the way down to 3 years old. I still can't believe anyone would bring such a young child to a movie like that. Movie ratings can be misleading sometimes, but for the most part they do a pretty good job of separating movies that should not be seen by very young kids.

My 8 year old is wanting to see HP7 and we might let him but we will see it first and then decide given the PG13 rating.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
                    My 8 year old is wanting to see HP7 and we might let him but we will see it first and then decide given the PG13 rating.
                    I let me folks take my daughter and her cousin (both 7) to a special screening last night at an IMAX theater. I told my mother to close my daughter's eyes during any scary/racy parts that people were up in arms about (I have not seen the show or read the book). They said the nudity sceen was in some sort of dream showing just the shoulders and up with swirling flesh colored smoke around the rest of their bodies (they didn't think it was bad at all). There were plenty of scary parts with creatures jumping at the screen. Either way, they all liked the film (and my mom doesn't usually like movies).

Just so you know, my daughter sleep with us last night becuase she kept having bad dreams about the movie. So you might want to take that into consideration before letting your kids watch.
                    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                      I let me folks take my daughter and her cousin (both 7) to a special screening last night at an IMAX theater. I told my mother to close my daughter's eyes during any scary/racy parts that people were up in arms about (I have not seen the show or read the book). They said the nudity sceen was in some sort of dream showing just the shoulders and up with swirling flesh colored smoke around the rest of their bodies (they didn't think it was bad at all). There were plenty of scary parts with creatures jumping at the screen. Either way, they all liked the film (and my mom doesn't usually like movies).

Just so you know, my daughter sleep with us last night becuase she kept having bad dreams about the movie. So you might want to take that into consideration before letting your kids watch.

"Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                        I assume most parents of children under 10 are going to take them to a midnight premiere, but there were a few and certainly lots of pre-teens.

Comment

Originally posted by Sullyute View Post

Their description of the "nudity" is accurate. I can't say the actual presentation was particularly offensive. I was more annoyed that it seemed gratuitous and certainly wasn't in the books. I didn't think it did much to further the scene. The girls to our left seemed genuinely disappointed to not see more of Daniel Radcliffe's bony bod.

Comment

Their description of the "nudity" is accurate. I can't say the actual presentation was particularly offensive. I was more annoyed that it seemed gratuitous and certainly wasn't in the books. I didn't think it did much to further the scene. The girls to our left seemed genuinely disappointed to not see more of Daniel Radcliffe's bony bod.
                            so... what about hermione?
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by camleish View Post
                              so... what about hermione?
                              One of our friends claimed to have espied Emma Watson side-boob. Apparently when they filmed she wore a strapless bra. I didn't see much.

Comment

One of our friends claimed to have espied Emma Watson side-boob. Apparently when they filmed she wore a strapless bra. I didn't see much.
                                Wait, what scene was this? I don't remember it from the book (and haven't seen the movie of course).
                                Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X