Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The TSA (Post your bad Experience by the Washington Post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought of you when I read about that yesterday. Are we really going to start patting down US Senators?

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
      I thought of you when I read about that yesterday. Are we really going to start patting down US Senators?

Actually maybe if they started patting down all the senators, representatives, the president (before boarding Air Force 1), and their wife's and children then they might have second thoughts about the TSA.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

I'd rather they just turn them upside down and shake them till all their filthy lucre falls out...

Comment

TSA Pre✓ is the balls.

No shoe removal
          No belt removal
          No pulling out electronics

I just show my ticket, lisense and place my bags through the X-ray, walk through a metal detector, grab my gear and go. All in all it took me less than one minute to pass through security. Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
            TSA Pre✓ is the balls.

No shoe removal
            No belt removal

I just show my ticket, lisense and place my bags through the X-ray, walk through a metal detector, grab my gear and go. All in all it took me less than one minute to pass through security. Awesome.
            "white and delightsome"?

Which airport was this, BTW?
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              "white and delightsome"?

SLC. It's available at others (fairly limited right now) as well.

Big step forward, IMO.

Comment

TSA Pre✓ is the balls.

No shoe removal
                No belt removal

So how does it work? You have to pre-register somehow?
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  "white and delightsome"?

Rest easy, my brownish friend. I recently traveled with a expert witness (one of those nutty engineers) of Indian descent. He used (and uses) the pre-check without a hitch.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1263098.html

The program works this way: Participating travelers will walk through a dedicated lane at airport security checkpoints. They will provide the TSA officer with a specially marked boarding pass. A machine will read the barcode, and travelers deemed "low-risk," will likely be allowed to keep on belts, shoes and jackets and leave laptops and liquids in bags when being screened.

Not everyone is eligible to participate in the program, which is already being tested at airports in Atlanta, Dallas, Detroit, Miami, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Minneapolis-St. Paul. Eligible travelers are some of those who participate in American and Delta airlines' frequent flier programs, as well as travelers in three other trusted traveler programs, which do charge fees to participate. About 336,000 passengers have been screened through the program since the testing began last year, according to the Transportation Security Administration.

By the end of 2012, the government expects select passengers in frequent flier programs for US Airways, United and Alaska Airlines to be eligible to participate. The program is expected to be operating in Reagan National Airport near Washington, Salt Lake City International Airport, John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York and Chicago's O'Hare International Airport by the end of March.

Where do I sign up?
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      I was pre registered through sky miles. If you are a FF with AA or Delta, you are in. But it looks like you can sign up, but not positive.

Comment

I was pre registered through sky miles. If you are a FF with AA or Delta, you are in. But it looks like you can sign up, but not positive.
                        I should be good. Silver Medallion.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

FF with AA... I just had to go here and click on the Opt-In:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/tsaprecheck.jsp
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

SLC. It's available at others (fairly limited right now) as well.

Big step forward, IMO.
                            Bigger step would be repealing the Patriot Act and eliminating the TSA. I'd like America to be free again.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
                              Bigger step would be repealing the Patriot Act and eliminating the TSA. I'd like America to be free again.
                              Ron Paul approves this message.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Be aware, if you come across this woman in a crowd or in a parking lot. I would suggest you stay clear since the simple brushing by her breast will cause hysterical behavior and accusations of Molestation..

Is it just me or did this whole thing seem orchestrated... I don't mean to be callous but it seems like a she went the route of...

[YOUTUBE]ZZdp13LFtOY#![/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Working...
                                X