Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The TSA (Post your bad Experience by the Washington Post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
    Bingo. I'm sure there are isolated incidents, but my experience is that the people who have crappy experiences are the ones who are unprepared and then are belligerent and rude about it.
    Yeah, people should enjoy getting their testicles caressed or their labia * touched when they go to the airport. Just sing "God Bless the USA!" while the TSA guys are at work.

Wonder what the Founding Fathers would say about these wanna-be Brown Shirts.

* typo on original unless it is a group TSA thing.
    Last edited by edward777; 06-12-2012, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
      How many of y'all opt out of the full body scan? I'm a big radiation-phobe, which is why I opt out every time. TSA tells me that the radiation from the scanners is less than you receive just from being outdoors under the sun. Maybe that is right, and maybe it is wrong. I feel better letting others be the guinea pigs.
      And you trust the word of a guy who probably couldn't land a job with 7-11?

Comment

Originally posted by edward777 View Post
        Yeah, people should enjoy getting their their labia's touched:
        I know I do.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Finally, a book to help your kids feel good about the scary things they see at the airport...

From the book...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Olivia-Goes-Venice-Ian-Falconer/dp/1416996745/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top"]Amazon.com: Olivia Goes to Venice (9781416996743): Ian Falconer: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51qTFhq9ttL.@@AMEPARAM@@51qTFhq9ttL[/ame]
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Lose your iPad at the airport? Check the homes of TSA employees...

ABC News Tracks Missing iPad To Florida Home of TSA Officer

In the latest apparent case of what have been hundreds of thefts by TSA officers of passenger belongings, an iPad left behind at a security checkpoint in the Orlando airport was tracked as it moved 30 miles to the home of the TSA officer last seen handling it.

Confronted two weeks later by ABC News, the TSA officer, Andy Ramirez, at first denied having the missing iPad, but ultimately turned it over after blaming his wife for taking it from the airport.

[...]

According to the TSA, 381 TSA officers have been fired for theft between 2003 and 2012, including 11 so far in this year.
            http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/abc-ne...7#.UGXIRGjVFSb
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Last month they tossed all my handicapped kid's dietary foods and formula at security. Like in the trash.

When I started to protest, the agent said, "You look awfully anxious for someone who's traveling. Do you care to explain why?"

I suggested that it might be better if I did not explain why.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                Last month they tossed all my handicapped kid's dietary foods and formula at security. Like in the trash.

When I started to protest, the agent said, "You look awfully anxious for someone who's traveling. Do you care to explain why?"

This kind of stuff makes me furious. This is the United States of BY GOD AMERICA. What happened to you should not be happening.
                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post

"Welcome to Amerika."
                  We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

You may be a terrorist based on the watch you wear...

Man With Strange Watch Arrested at Oakland Airport

A Southern California man was arrested at Oakland International Airport after security officers found him wearing an unusual watch they said could be used to make a timing device for a bomb, authorities said Friday.

[...]
                    I wonder if it was a Casio F-91W...

Al-Qaida's Watch of Choice
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

TSA is (indirectly) killing more people than died in 9/11...

There is lethal collateral damage associated with all this spending on airline security—namely, the inconvenience of air travel is pushing more people onto the roads. Compare the dangers of air travel to those of driving. To make flying as dangerous as using a car, a four-plane disaster on the scale of 9/11 would have to occur every month, according to analysis published in the American Scientist. Researchers at Cornell University suggest that people switching from air to road transportation in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks led to an increase of 242 driving fatalities per month—which means that a lot more people died on the roads as an indirect result of 9/11 than died from being on the planes that terrible day. They also suggest that enhanced domestic baggage screening alone reduced passenger volume by about 5 percent in the five years after 9/11, and the substitution of driving for flying by those seeking to avoid security hassles over that period resulted in more than 100 road fatalities.
                      But the good news is we are safer from terrorists...

The attention paid to terrorism in the U.S. is considerably out of proportion to the relative threat it presents. That’s especially true when it comes to Islamic-extremist terror. Of the 150,000 murders in the U.S. between 9/11 and the end of 2010, Islamic extremism accounted for fewer than three dozen. Since 2000, the chance that a resident of the U.S. would die in a terrorist attack was one in 3.5 million, according to John Mueller and Mark Stewart of Ohio State and the University of Newcastle, respectively. In fact, extremist Islamic terrorism resulted in just 200 to 400 deaths worldwide outside the war zones of Afghanistan and Iraq—the same number, Mueller noted in a 2011 report (PDF), as die in bathtubs in the U.S. alone each year.

Yet the TSA still commands a budget of nearly $8 billion—which is why the agency is left with too many officers and not enough to do. The TSA’s “Top Good Catches of 2011,” reported on its blog, did include 1,200 firearms and—their top find—a single batch of C4 explosives (though those were discovered only on the return flight). A longer list of TSA’s confiscations would include a G.I. Joe action doll’s 4-inch plastic rifle (“it’s a replica”) and a light saber. And needless to say, the TSA didn’t spot a single terrorist trying to board an airline in the U.S., notes Bruce Schneier.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

In DFW this morning, our youngest ran through the security x ray machine as we turned our backs for a split second. The TSA ding dong said, "y'all need to watch your kid".

I said, "you're the one keeping the terrorists out? try keeping random three year olds out first."

Comment

In response to talking to someone about putting some titanium in their femur:

"Ya know those cards you give out to let the airport know you have metal in your leg? They don't prevent them from searching your whole body. I guess if you were a little gay it wouldn't be too bad."
                          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/06/travel...ml?hpt=hp_bn10

Screener busted for stealing two iPads that were planted in a sting. Take that TSA! I've been victimized by them before (stealing, not molestation!)

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                              http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/06/travel...ml?hpt=hp_bn10

Screener busted for stealing two iPads that were planted in a sting. Take that TSA! I've been victimized by them before (stealing, not molestation!)
                              Maybe TSA employees should be subject to random searches, x-ray machines, and "pat downs" themselves.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                Maybe TSA employees should be subject to random searches, x-ray machines, and "pat downs" themselves.
                                Yes. Who will police the police?

Comment

Working...
                                X