Time to get serious about a new smoker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
    I told you two years ago to be quiet. Do I need to come over there?
    Please don't. In fact it might be time to gtfo again.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Texas vs. California. Monster ego death match.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Texas vs. California. Monster ego death match.

Isn't niku from Utah? This is more like California (LaUte) vs California (FM) and Utah (Niku, DDD, Leb, Sizzle).
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Texas vs. California. Monster ego death match.

If we're getting technical, I'm actually a Michigander.

But I've often said the fact that I spent 15 years of my life in CA and 10 in TX explains a lot.

Also, it was pointed out to me the other day that counting the college years, my cumulative time in UT is now almost as long as time in TX.

"It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

• LA ute doesn't even own a smoker. He isn't really part of this conversation except to keep telling everyone how much he enjoys grilling and now apparently baking.

eddie jones got a swift kick to to crotch with his embarrassing assessment of competition pellet smokers so im guessing he is just trying too hard over the last couple of days to take a few swings and save some face.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              Isn't niku from Utah? This is more like California (LaUte) vs California (FM) and Utah (Niku, DDD, Leb, Sizzle).
              LAUte is to Utah as I am to CA. He's no Californian.
              "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

I may be from Utah but I don't have to claim it.
                Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Well, I'm almost convinced to get a large BGE because of its versatility.
                  Good choice (I'm ignoring everything you've typed after this sentence..."baking"?)!
                  Check out a few other brands though--you pay a lot of the BGE name.
                  If I were in the market for a good ceramic kamado, I'd get this:
                  http://www.bbqtoolbox.com/product/ka...ig-joe-bundle/
                  At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                  -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                    LAUte is to Utah as I am to CA. He's no Californian.
                    I've lived here for more than half my life, you Philistine. (And all but about 7 years of my adult life, basically college and law school.) I'm practically a modern-day Californio!
                    Last edited by LA Ute; 05-14-2014, 10:33 PM.
                    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Time to get serious about a new smoker.

My wife, with lots and lots of help from Coastal Ute, got me a Big Green Egg. It's an amazing grill/oven/smoker and I can't wait to get started. You will all come to admire my skills with this thing.

It was waiting for me when I got home tonight as en early Father's Day present.

EDIT: Coastal Ute and I did the research and went to see one at the dealer first. That, plus all the help from all of you here, sealed the deal. Thanks.

I'm still waiting for Moliere to tell me about the beaches in Texas.

Last edited by LA Ute; 05-15-2014, 09:38 AM.
                      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                      ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        Please don't. In fact it might be time to gtfo again.
                        There are plenty of oranges here in CA, and they're excellent. In fact, many grow in trees right in my yard. So why would I want to get the Florida oranges?
                        ― W.H. Auden

Comment

My wife, with lots and lots of help from Coastal Ute, got me a Big Green Egg. It was waiting for me when I got home tonight. It's an amazing grill/oven/smoker and I can't wait to get started. You will all come to admire my skills with this thing.

I'm still waiting for Moliere to tell me about the beaches in Texas.
                          Congrats on buying a real smoker. You'll love it and I'm a big jealous. The beaches in Texas suck (except near South Padre) but they are better than the beaches in Utah.

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                          There are plenty of oranges here in CA, and they're excellent. In fact, many grow in trees right in my yard. So why would I want to get the Florida oranges?
                          This response was so stupid that I seriously
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                            Congrats on buying a real smoker.
                            He didn't buy it. His wife and son did.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              He didn't buy it. His wife and son did.
                              He bought the cool blender though. The LaUte family plans to use both as soon as Utah is relevant in either P12 football or basketball!
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

He bought the cool blender though. The LaUte family plans to use both as soon as Utah is relevant in either P12 football or basketball!
                                Which is never! lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X