Time to get serious about a new smoker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
    Looks like I am going to put the Yoder up for sale. I am going to be upgrading to a Cookshack FEC-100 or FEC-120. They have a larger capacity and use less fuel than the Yoder. I'll lose the grilling capabilities, but I have found I really havnt used it that much. Anyways, going to miss her...

Price?

Comment

• I've casually researched the Fast Eddy's FEC120 before. I'll be interested to hear what you think about whichever smoker you get.
      "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Time to get serious about a new smoker.

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
        Price?
        I have it listed for $1400, but for someone on cuf, I'd take $1250. I paid around $1650 with all the extras, not including shipping.
        "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

I have it listed for $1400, but for someone on cuf, I'd take $1250. I paid around $1650 with all the extras, not including shipping.
          Would you be willing to delivery to Kentucky? You and Tick can swing up on your way to Memphis in May. TIA.
          I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
            Would you be willing to delivery to Kentucky? You and Tick can swing up on your way to Memphis in May. TIA.
            Dang. That'd be awesome. If I had known they were coming out I may have made an offer.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

• Re: Time to get serious about a new smoker.

Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
              That is tempting. I wonder if I could talk wife into CA for Spring Break to pick out up.
              "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

• Time to get serious about a new smoker.

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                That is tempting. I wonder if I could talk wife into CA for Spring Break to pick out up.
                Pay for my gas and I'll deliver it to you this weekend.
                "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• The Traeger road show is at the Lehi Costco right now.
                  "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Which model is this?

Comment

• Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                      Which model is this?
                      Sorry I didnt see this sooner. It was the YS640, but it is now history. She is with her new owner in the OC.

Here is my new mistress in all her glory! An FEC-100 by Cookshack

(I had already started scraping off some of the black soot/buildup at the top of the door and back of the cooking chamber)

I got her home last night. It is bigger than I thought it would be at over 5 1/2 ft tall and over 300lbs. It has a double walled stainless steel interior and exterior. @ 250, it only uses about .75lb of pellets per hour. It has 4 cooking grates that are 24" x 17". I figure I can easily cook 16 pork butts and probably cram in 24 if I really needed to. The_Tick and I did a 1 day trip to Las Vegas to pick her up. We fired it up on site to make sure everything worked, and it did... The inside is pretty dirty, but not horrible. A little elbow grease and she will clean right up. I'm not going for sparkling clean, just want to knock off the flaky black stuff and clean the grates a little bit. I think I'm going to order the 7-position rack holder and a couple more racks. Currently has 4 racks and 4 rack holders(not pictured). I'll probably get a new seal set as well as it has never been replaced and it looks like there may have been a leak by the upper right of the door opening. It uses an older style Traeger digital controller. The new ones use whats called the IQ4. I'm thinking of upgrading to the IQ4 controller but at almost a grand, I may explore using the Savannah Stoker II or just stick with the Traeger controller. The SSII is a PID controller that can interface with Stoker controller. If I go that route, I'd have the option to control this over my wireless network again like I did with the Egg and WSM. Even without the Stoker, the SSII controls the temp much tighter than the Traeger controller since it uses a PID. It would be a good upgrade for you Traeger owners (he is on facebook under Savannah Stoker). Also want to get a cover, but the price on those went from $125.99 last year to over $400 as of January 1st. New these cost upwards of $4k and the owner of this one wanted $2400. I talked him down to $1600. I think I am done upgrading smokers for a while. I'll add more pictures once I get her cleaned up and pretty.

Comment

• I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Can you tow it behind your truck?

Seriously, that's a beast. Congrats on the new smoker!
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Want!

Comment

• Now THAT is a smoker!
                              "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Here is my new mistress in all her glory! An FEC-100 by Cookshack
                                That's exciting; I look forward to hearing about how it performs.
                                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Working...
                                X