Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273
Results 2,161 to 2,164 of 2164

Thread: Time to get serious about a new smoker.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post
    Same. I have this problem in the winter, not in the spring/summer/fall.

So when it starts to get cold...I don't keep any pellets in the hopper. That fixes the issue. It has to do something with the weight of the pellets on the auger when it's cold.

I start the Traeger up with about 2" of pellets I the hopper....once it gets going I fill it halfway and monitor. No longer having any issues.
    Yes, exactly. It is only a cold weather problem for me.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post
    Same. I have this problem in the winter, not in the spring/summer/fall.

So when it starts to get cold...I don't keep any pellets in the hopper. That fixes the issue. It has to do something with the weight of the pellets on the auger when it's cold.

I start the Traeger up with about 2" of pellets I the hopper....once it gets going I fill it halfway and monitor. No longer having any issues.
    Interesting. I almost always scoop all the pellets out of the hopper after a cook, so that if I want to use different pellets on a subsequent cook, it's easy, and I don't have to remember what's already in there. I basically don't have anything in the hopper - just what's already in the auger - when I start up the smoker.

I cooked a couple of pork shoulders Saturday night, and the smoker didn't squeal when I started it up this time. So it comes and goes.

CS Institutional Memory Jarid in Cedar's Avatar

WD-40
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    WD-40
    Delicious!
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν