Time to get serious about a new smoker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    What are phosphates? I see them on pitmasters, but I can't get passed the thought that I'm injecting liquid fertilizer in my BBQ.
    they are this thing that grand champions use to make their brisket taste really good and win lots of awards.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        they are this thing that grand champions use to make their brisket taste really good and win lots of awards.
        Do grand champions mix the phosphates with anything (rub, juice, or vinegar) or is it straight phosphate?
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Do grand champions mix the phosphates with anything (rub, juice, or vinegar) or is it straight phosphate?
          phosphate is a powder. you mix it with broth or juice, add some rub if you want. vinegar in brisket is unlikely.

sigpic

Comment

• Gotcha. I may order some.
            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Gotcha. I may order some.
              butchers is probably the most common one out there.

sigpic

Comment

• Dang, that looks cool. What's the valve for?
                At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                  Dang, that looks cool. What's the valve for?
                  gotta be gas
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                    gotta be gas
                    Well, yeah, it looks like it, but i didn't think they ran on any gas.
                    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Air vent. That is where you attach the pit viper fan.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• regulation of airflow maybe?
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Air is a gas.
                          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                            Air is a gas.
                            That's a noble response.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Working from home today waiting for delivery.

Shipping crate = 1000+ lbs.
                              I was just going to say that I hoped to see some unboxing photos, but DDD had it covered.
                              Not that, sickos.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post

That thing is legit. So jelly right now. Btw, BBQPS is not interested in selling the Assassin until maybe the end of the year or maybe early spring. So maybe they still have plans to use it in comps?
                                "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

Working...
                                X