I had a colonoscopy today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
    I did not pass this info onto my wife (it costs money), but will keep it in mind for myself when the time comes.
    Your wife is a lucky woman!
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      Your wife is a lucky woman!
      I tell her this all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
        Epilogue: I managed to drink all of that stuff as required, half a gallon the evening before, half a gallon that morning. The stuff took almost the full two hours to start to work. Drinking it was definitely worse than the effects it caused. After finishing off the full gallon, everything was coming out clear. I was amazed. That's one way to lose five pounds in two days. Checked my scale just to be sure.

At the medical center it started off with removing all clothing and putting on one of those hospital gowns that leaves your backside exposed. They hooked up an IV, stuck one of those plastic oxygen thingies on my nose, told me they were going to start the drugs and the next thing I know I'm in recovery. Couldn't even feel where they had done the exploring when it was all over. I guess it all went great, but they didn't really tell me anything after. I'm supposed to get some sort of summary message at some point.

I wanted to have a nice meal afterward, but had a light snack and fell asleep for at least four hours afterward. Ate a light meal after that and I think I'm all back to normal. They tell me I'm supposed to do this again in five years. We'll see about that.
        Nasal cannula?

Just because you don't remember doesn't necessarily mean that they didn't tell you the results of the procedure afterward.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
          Just because you don't remember doesn't necessarily mean that they didn't tell you the results of the procedure afterward.
          I asked and was told that the doctor would send me a summary. Haven't received that yet.

Comment

I don,t want to know what one is like. Is there a way to find out if you need one without looking at your shit? I can,t stand to look at my shit gags me. Wipe and flush hope it goes down.

Comment

I have my second colonoscopy coming up next week. i did Colyte (iirc) the first time around and want no part of that this time. I'm considering the gatorade/miralax route this time. but that scares me too. any thoughts from some of you geezers who may have done this a few times and tried a couple different bowel preps? or if any docs what to weigh in too, it would be appreciated.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

I used gavilyte when I went through that. Drinking a full gallon of that stuff, half the night before, half the next day, was about as enjoyable as drinking cups of Wesson Oil or something. By comparison, having my alimentary canal get completely empty wasn't a big deal and the final procedure even less so. Maybe Miralax is a better way to go.

I tried preparing for what I could drink when preparing for it. Next time I'll just stick with water rather than various kinds or broth or whatever. It's not that long that you go without eating.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                  I have my second colonoscopy coming up next week. i did Colyte (iirc) the first time around and want no part of that this time. I'm considering the gatorade/miralax route this time. but that scares me too. any thoughts from some of you geezers who may have done this a few times and tried a couple different bowel preps? or if any docs what to weigh in too, it would be appreciated.
                  my 16 year old daughter did that a few weeks ago. Said it wasn't too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

my 16 year old daughter did that a few weeks ago. Said it wasn't too bad.
                    good to hear. i hope i can be inspired by your daughter toughing it out and keep the whining to a minimum.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

Suprep mixed with Gatorade wasn't exactly pleasing but it didn't make me gag either. Unfortunately, Suprep is prescription only.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                        Suprep mixed with Gatorade wasn't exactly pleasing but it didn't make me gag either. Unfortunately, Suprep is prescription only.
                        This is what drank and it wasn't too bad. I also enjoyed eating non-red gummy bears.

Comment

I mixed Miralax with powdered Countrytime Lemonade. Not bad at all.

Comment

I just drank my first dose of suprep. How long do I have until I need to move closer to the restroom?
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              I just drank my first dose of suprep. How long do I have until I need to move closer to the restroom?

Comment

One hour. It takes one hour.
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X