I had a colonoscopy today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had a colonoscopy today

The doctor said my colon was perfect and I feel bad because I have one perfect body part and I can't show anybody.

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
    The doctor said my colon was perfect and I feel bad because I have one perfect body part and I can't show anybody.
    I am sure there are others that know of it's presence by other means.

Comment

RC, there are some niche websites where you could post pics. Let me know if you are interested.

ps You are over 18, I assume?
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        RC, there are some niche websites where you could post pics. Let me know if you are interested.

ps You are over 18, I assume?
        I might have to get those from you and I've got clothes that are over eighteen years old. Another plus was I dropped five pounds yesterday. It's not the best way but if you need to drop a fast five it works.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
          I'll bet there's an Aggie student out there who would let you show him in exchange for directions to somewhere to eat. You might have to get in his car, though.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            I'll bet there's an Aggie student out there who would let you show him in exchange for directions to somewhere to eat. You might have to get in his car, though.
            I don't trust that guy because I'm pretty sure his probe doesn't have a camera on the end of it.

Comment

Did mine today. Everything was perfect so I don't need to do another for ten years. Phew. The procedure is cake but the prep is just brutal.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Did mine today. Everything was perfect so I don't need to do another for ten years. Phew. The procedure is cake but the prep is just brutal.
                Good news, and agreed; drinking a gallon of that dreadful beverage and the ensuing sprints to the throne were far more dreadful than the procedure.

Comment

Colonoscopies....what a horrid prep experience. Congrats on the clean checkup!

Due to my pops getting colon cancer, I had to do one a couple years ago, and it was no fun.

So...why does there need to be like the doctor performing the procedure, and then like three other nurses standing around. I was a little conscientious as I saw the whole med school it seemed starting to come around me.

5....4....("what the ##$! are all these people doing here)....3....2....fade to black.....
                  "Newton's First Law of Motion: ...things at rest tend to stay at rest. Things in motion, tend to stay in motion...."

Hmm... Good motivation for me to remain active I guess.

Comment

FYI, my colon is flawless too. Nine years left on my ten year warranty.
                    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                      Good news, and agreed; drinking a gallon of that dreadful beverage and the ensuing sprints to the throne were far more dreadful than the procedure.
                      My wife had to have one recently (let me now emphasize in case she ever sees this that she is FAR younger than 50). the stuff she had to drink made her throw up, so she had problems going on at all sides.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        And that's why I continue to put it off. My doctor wants me to have one, but I don't really want to go through the preparation experience.

What percentage of people that get a colonoscopy have issues that need to be taken care of? Or put another way, what kind of a chance am I taking by not going through that procedure?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                          And that's why I continue to put it off. My doctor wants me to have one, but I don't really want to go through the preparation experience.

What percentage of people that get a colonoscopy have issues that need to be taken care of? Or put another way, what kind of a chance am I taking by not going through that procedure?
                          Get it done. The unpleasantness of the prep experience is nothing compared to what a colonoscopy can easily prevent.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post

Not worth the risk. Buck up and get it done.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                              Get it done. The unpleasantness of the prep experience is nothing compared to what a colonoscopy can easily prevent.
                              Absolutely true. Moreover, I have to confess that the horrors of the prep experience are overstated, mainly for dramatic and comedic effect. The beverage is awful, and the experience is, overall, an unpleasant one, but it's offset in part by the comedic elements. And it's certainly infinitely better than enduring months of chemotherapy, a colostomy or death. Git 'er done.

Comment

Working...
                              X