No announcement yet.

Collie just got clobbered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to wonder why it is that he's taken so many hard hits this season. Is it a question of distribution? After several weeks of being Peyton's first read and go to guy defenses wised up and safeties began to wait on it, trying to make a big hit?
    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
    Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by happyone View Post
      I hadn't heard about the heel - how did that happen?
      He injured his heel and the trainers decided to do some sort of therapy on it where they place a piece of glass on his heel and heat it up. The problem is they numbed his heel first and they kept asking him if the glass was to hot and Austin not being able to feel anything said no. They smelled burning flesh and realized his heel was numb. I saw a picture of it somewhere I will see if I can find it again his heel was nasty I have no clue how he could even walk on it let alone play a full game.
      *Banned*

Comment

I am sure he is a competitor and wants to get back, watching him lie on the turf though I have to think that no amount of money or fame is worth that.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          He injured his heel and the trainers decided to do some sort of therapy on it where they place a piece of glass on his heel and heat it up. The problem is they numbed his heel first and they kept asking him if the glass was to hot and Austin not being able to feel anything said no. They smelled burning flesh and realized his heel was numb. I saw a picture of it somewhere I will see if I can find it again his heel was nasty I have no clue how he could even walk on it let alone play a full game.
          Wow...that is one seriously out there type of therapy. Never heard of anything like it.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

That is just bizarre. Sounds like the Colts have a worse medical staff than the Oakland A's.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I have heard of Chinese acupuncturists using hot glasses for cupping over acupuncture sites. Presumably to suck out any toxins or whatever. But nothing like that.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Colts put Collie on IR today ending his season.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5946698"]Indianapolis Colts put Austin Collie on injured reserve - ESPN[/ame]
                *Banned*

Comment

Colts put Collie on IR today ending his season.

Indianapolis Colts put Austin Collie on injured reserve - ESPN
                  Wise thing to do. I know that Austin is one of the most competitive players out there but the kid needs to make sure he is thinking about his future and having a functioning brain when he is finished up. I know technically the docs are saying 2 concussions but the kid had 3 head injuries in one season. That isn't good.
                  "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

It's for the best. It just sucks. He was having a Pro-Bowl year. I am afraid that Collie might be heading into Luke Staley "if he hadn't gotten injured" territory. Except that Collie got to show what he could do in the NFL.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                      Wise thing to do. I know that Austin is one of the most competitive players out there but the kid needs to make sure he is thinking about his future and having a functioning brain when he is finished up. I know technically the docs are saying 2 concussions but the kid had 3 head injuries in one season. That isn't good.
                      Yes. If he were my son I'd be begging him to do this.
                      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                      ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                      -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                      --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Should have happened right after the first failed return.

Comment

Looks like the Colts are not planning to bring Collie back. Man, if he could stay healthy, he'd be a pretty good and cheap FA pickup. I wonder if Manning will want him in Denver.
                          "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                            Looks like the Colts are not planning to bring Collie back. Man, if he could stay healthy, he'd be a pretty good and cheap FA pickup. I wonder if Manning will want him in Denver.
                            This would be my best guess.

Comment

I'd be surprised if Collie doesn't end up in Denver.
                              If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
                                I'd be surprised if Collie doesn't end up in Denver.
                                I would be shocked if anybody picked up Collie. With his history of concussions and the NFL under a lot of heat right now about not protecting their players I don't see him playing ever again.

Comment

Working...
                                X