Clear All

• Black Panther at same voter place in PA

http://www.breitbart.tv/theyre-back-...polling-place/

Good thing he's not a white Republican.
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

morpheus in retirement
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Meh. It sounds like he didn't say anything threatening until the guy in the interview challenged him. Maybe the big dude really was antagonizing him. And why was a camera there? Seems like a set up to me. He shouldn't threaten anyone of course, but the whole thing lacks context.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
          Meh. It sounds like he didn't say anything threatening until the guy in the interview challenged him. Maybe the big dude really was antagonizing him. And why was a camera there? Seems like a set up to me. He shouldn't threaten anyone of course, but the whole thing lacks context.
          Is it state or federal law that determines the "free zone" around polling places? Yesterday, the signs all said 200 feet.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
            Is it state or federal law that determines the "free zone" around polling places? Yesterday, the signs all said 200 feet.
            Good question. I don't know.

Comment

Well, if he is handing things out and telling people how to vote, he is electioneering, whether he threatens people or asks politely.

This speaks more to the incompetence of the polling place. How difficult is it to notice a Black Panther electioneering right at your doorstep? Conspicuous trench coat, sunglasses, sanding around all day, etc. Polling places are required to monitor for this type of behavior.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                Well, if he is handing things out and telling people how to vote, he is electioneering, whether he threatens people or asks politely.

This speaks more to the incompetence of the polling place. How difficult is it to notice a Black Panther electioneering right at your doorstep? Conspicuous trench coat, sunglasses, sanding around all day, etc. Polling places are required to monitor for this type of behavior.
                If, if, if. But I agree.

I didn't find Pennsylvania election law when I looked quickly, maybe someone else can link it. I bet we would find that you can advocate for view points and parties but not for candidates. But I would be interested to know.

Comment

I kind of agree and disagree. I think he was being activist, but was being to aggressive. Sure hand out pamphlets is fine, but I think telling people how to vote goes to far. In addition to where he was located..

I think he was also making a statement from all the publicity he had gotten last year. It was his way to tell the establishment to shove it..

Comment

If, if, if. But I agree.

I didn't find Pennsylvania election law when I looked quickly, maybe someone else can link it. I bet we would find that you can advocate for view points and parties but not for candidates. But I would be interested to know.
                    I was under the impression that most polling places don't allow any of that within a certain distance of the polling spot. View points, issues, parties, handing out literature, etc. I would also be interested to know. Anyone going to look up the laws in Penn?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      I was under the impression that most polling places don't allow any of that within a certain distance of the polling spot. View points, issues, parties, handing out literature, etc. I would also be interested to know. Anyone going to look up the laws in Penn?
                      Well, it needs to be a lawyer with a Lexis plan where it doesn't cost extra to search outside of their jurisdiction (not me). Anyone?

Comment

Well, it needs to be a lawyer with a Lexis plan where it doesn't cost extra to search outside of their jurisdiction (not me). Anyone?
                        Isn't that information available publicly? Like on a state website? The Penn Code or some such?

sigpic

Comment

I've got Lexis, but I've never used it to search for law. How does it work?
                          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

In New Mexico it is within one hundred feet of a polling place that one cannot do any campaigning.

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                              I've got Lexis, but I've never used it to search for law. How does it work?
                              What do you search with it then? That's like saying you've got the newspaper, but you only use it to swat flies.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X