Rome Temple Groundbreaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    Lots of photos recently released. The temple and temple grounds look amazing. It's nice to see unique designs with architectural elements that fit the culture and history of the location. Not sure if this is merely the case for the Rome temple because Rome is such a high-visibility religious location, or if there is an effort to produce more unique temples, but I hope the trend continues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEwb...2hS00JbdgkAZX0
    Beautiful. Absolutely amazing work and makes me proud of the church for investing in such fine craftmanship while still using new technology to pay tribute to the artists of old. The Rome temple strikes a nice tone, paying tribute to the Lord by honoring the history of the location.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
      I don't understand attending temple sessions on vacation. I really don't understand it, even when I was a MOTCOJCOLDS
      Me neither, except in some cases. My in-laws always want to go to the temple on vacation. The attend it every week so they don’t like missing a week. They are in town this week and brought their temple clothes so they can attend in Houston. I find that weird but it’s their thing.

I’ll be attending the Paris temple in a couple months. It’s not the reason for the trip, but it’s close and convenient to Versailles, which is where I lived for four months and we’ll be going to the palace so we are also hitting the temple. It’ll be a cool thing to do as my parents will be there as well and my two oldest kids so I’m looking forward to having my son baptize me in the temple that was announced when I was on my mission there. Nostalgia, mostly.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        Me neither, except in some cases. My in-laws always want to go to the temple on vacation. The attend it every week so they don’t like missing a week. They are in town this week and brought their temple clothes so they can attend in Houston. I find that weird but it’s their thing.

I’ll be attending the Paris temple in a couple months. It’s not the reason for the trip, but it’s close and convenient to Versailles, which is where I lived for four months and we’ll be going to the palace so we are also hitting the temple. It’ll be a cool thing to do as my parents will be there as well and my two oldest kids so I’m looking forward to having my son baptize me in the temple that was announced when I was on my mission there. Nostalgia, mostly.
        So let's see: you mock your in-laws for attending the temple while on vacation, but you will be doing the same thing. But you aren't a religious weirdo because it is "nostalgia, mostly".

Typical moliere post.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Weren't you the one that was thinking about doing a sesh while in Hawaii?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            So let's see: you mock your in-laws for attending the temple while on vacation, but you will be doing the same thing. But you aren't a religious weirdo because it is "nostalgia, mostly".

Typical moliere post.
            Yeah but his in-laws reasons for going to the temple are wrong and his are right and they probably don't even know about podcasts.

Comment

Prog-mo cred: ruined.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

i go to the temple on vacay if i can. but i like the temple, so there is that.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                  Headed to the Dominican Republic next week and we will be visiting the temple there. Curious to see the new endowment ceremony.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Pretty much.

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                    Weren't you the one that was thinking about doing a sesh while in Hawaii?
                    Nope. My in-laws were the ones that wanted to do it. We needed up doing sealings
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

wow based on people's vacation temple attendance in this thread, I guess I was always on the way out. Never in the history of Flystripper vacations have I ever thought I want to go to the temple.
                      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Why? What's wrong with you?

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                        wow based on people's vacation temple attendance in this thread, I guess I was always on the way out. Never in the history of Flystripper vacations have I ever thought I want to go to the temple.
                        I'm mostly with the stripper. Though we did visit the exterior of the Temple in Laie when we went to Hawaii.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Headed to the Dominican Republic next week and we will be visiting the temple there. Curious to see the new endowment ceremony.
                          If there isn't space in the dozen temples around you and you have to travel a couple thousand miles to see it, it must be pretty cool!
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                            If there isn't space in the dozen temples around you and you have to travel a couple thousand miles to see it, it must be pretty cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              What's wrong with you?
                              well, your mom won't get off of me, for one.

wait, were we talking about?
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

well, your mom won't get off of me, for one.

wait, were we talking about?
                                Somehow, I feel bad for both you and my mom.
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X