No announcement yet.

Letters from the MTC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was anyone there when the music director would always remind us that we do not stand during the songs of Zion? (implying that we should stay seated during Called to Serve)

I loved the MTC, not sure if it was the unlimited ice cream on Wednesdays, the great friends I made, the In-N-Out that my friend's sister deconstructed/overnighted and we ate in front of everyone's amazement (this was 2000), or the endless games/pranks we did. My dad also sent us Ben and Jerry's, which was awesome in of itself, but the dried ice it was sent in became very useful.

It was also amazing how my sister teacher became very attractive after a few weeks, even though I wouldn't look twice at her outside of the MTC.

Comment

Originally posted by filsdepac View Post
      Was anyone there when the music director would always remind us that we do not stand during the songs of Zion? (implying that we should stay seated during Called to Serve)

I loved the MTC, not sure if it was the unlimited ice cream on Wednesdays, the great friends I made, the In-N-Out that my friend's sister deconstructed/overnighted and we ate in front of everyone's amazement (this was 2000), or the endless games/pranks we did. My dad also sent us Ben and Jerry's, which was awesome in of itself, but the dried ice it was sent in became very useful.

It was also amazing how my sister teacher became very attractive after a few weeks, even though I wouldn't look twice at her outside of the MTC.
      Cornflake syndrome. After starving or eating bland food every day, corn flakes begin to taste like Captain Crunch
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by filsdepac View Post

Nice post. That about sums up my MTC experience. I met two of my best friends in the MTC. It was like a two-month sleepover party where we weren't allowed to watch TV and had to sing a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
          Giant CTR crest tat on the shoulder of one dude in my district. I win.
          That beats White Power? Me and FN Phat have a friend who has the CTR shield inside a tribal arm band.

We had an elder in our mission that got a spade with a 13 inside of it while on the mission. It is one of the dumbest tattoos I have ever seen.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            That beats White Power? Me and FN Phat have a friend who has the CTR shield inside a tribal arm band.

We had an elder in our mission that got a spade with a 13 inside of it while on the mission. It is one of the dumbest tattoos I have ever seen.
            It beats white power because it is dorkier (if less offensive). But the tribal armband CTR is worse.
            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
              It beats white power because it is dorkier (if less offensive). But the tribal armband CTR is worse.
              We were playing basketball one time and this kid wore a sleeveless shirt. Our bishop sees his tat and asks him incredulously what is that. He tells him CTR. Without skipping a beat the Bishop says more like choose the wrong. Everyone busted up laughing.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                Also Mitt Romney and I hung out a couple of times, but I am sure he doesn't tell people he hung out with '71.
                Well if he doesn't then maybe he should. He would earn more respect around here at least.

Originally posted by scottie View Post
                One time my comp and I were walking down one of the hallways and saw our MTC MP's wife so I had my comp take a picture of me with her. (WTH would I have wanted a photo with her??? Weird).
                I got my picture taken with one of the grandsons of one of the Osmond brothers. Some one said he was an Osmond so I asked for his picture. I feel like an idiot now... [affectionately takes picture down from office wall].
                Last edited by Sullyute; 10-22-2010, 10:22 AM.
                "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

I did a full 11 weeks in the MTC.

I'm not really sure why I liked it. My companion was a nightmare and it was right in the middle of football season (one of BYU's best).

But, I made some close friendships with my district and learned an awful lot. I think I went in with a good attitude and tried to work as hard as I could. As a result I enjoyed it. I have no regrets at all and remember it very fondly.

I don't think I would enjoy it nearly as much if I went back and did it today, however.

Comment

Working...
                  X