To replace or not replace a garage door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Today sacrament was ESP spiritual. The talks were nothing special, but we sang several hymns. We closed with one of my faves, The Spirit of God. As is sometimes the case, by the fourth verse, the entire congregation was singing at full fervor, almost belting out the lyrics in a way that would have made WW Phelps proud. I was overcome by the spectacle of the music and the joy in my heart. A small tear rolled down my eye. My wife, equally emotional, grabbed my hand and we shared a knowing glance with each other and instantly could read others minds: "UteStar has found his new garage door."

Indeed, the Spirit of God like a fire was burning. Amen and amen.
    You're still trying to save face from the spotty dishes thread, aren't you?

Comment

Today sacrament was ESP spiritual. The talks were nothing special, but we sang several hymns. We closed with one of my faves, The Spirit of God. As is sometimes the case, by the fourth verse, the entire congregation was singing at full fervor, almost belting out the lyrics in a way that would have made WW Phelps proud. I was overcome by the spectacle of the music and the joy in my heart. A small tear rolled down my eye. My wife, equally emotional, grabbed my hand and we shared a knowing glance with each other and instantly could read others minds: "UteStar has found his new garage door."

Indeed, the Spirit of God like a fire was burning. Amen and amen.
      Thank you and thank your wife. It has been a wonderful experience.

Originally posted by Babs View Post
      You're still trying to save face from the spotty dishes thread, aren't you?

Wait, DDD was being sarcastic? Oh crap, DDD you suck.

Comment

Originally posted by UteStar View Post
        I know that people were dying for an update. I decided to part ways with my old wooden door friend. For now, I had a tasteful though generic door installed. In a few years, I will either be installing a copper/iron/gold door. It will be spectacular. Thanks for all of your insights (besides the continually crappy input from YO and DDD).
        You took my advice and went with the new door. You're welcome.

Comment

Generic? I thought you chose a beautiful door. The pastoral scene on the door is demonstrative of the serene spirit found within the home.

How expensive is it to have Kinkade do a garage door mural?

Comment

Originally posted by wally View Post
            How expensive is it to have Kinkade do a garage door mural?
            $500 is the cost of a Kinkade mural. But only if it's done by Christmas Eve.

[YOUTUBE]ieJUSSBGWL0[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              $500 is the cost of a Kinkade mural. But only if it's done by Christmas Eve.
              That is a little steep. I think I'll go with liz lemon swindle.

Comment

are we still talking about UteStar's garage door?
                It looks like people are no longer talking about my garage door.

Comment

You waited seven years to be sure?
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Hey stranger.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I was waiting for a Moliere bot joke.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                        You waited seven years to be sure?
                        yes, I thought that my original post had staying power...it appears it did not have 7 years worth of staying power.

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Hey stranger.
                        Hi JL!!! I missed you. There are a bunch of others that I did not miss. YOU ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!

Comment

Classic UteStar. Only posting about garage doors when BYU sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                            Classic UteStar. Only posting about garage doors when BYU sucks.

If that was the case, I would be posting all the time because BYU always sucks!

Comment

If that was the case, I would be posting all the time because BYU always sucks!

Wow, I brought some serious heat to that last post! I should have eased back in to all of this. I am not sure if I am ready to post regularly again. Sometimes my dark side of sassiness really comes out too strong.

Comment

why this fart smeller not banned yet
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X