Official Cowboys Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Cowboys Thread

I get home from church and notice that the Cowboys finally won a game. What?!? I was looking forward to listening to the "CowSheep" lighting up their textoys to Galloway and Company demanding Wade Phillips' head on a platter. Instead they will be talking about how Tony Romo and Roy Williams have been seen walking on water. Now what am I going to listen to at work tomorrow?
    Last edited by Uncle Ted; 09-26-2010, 08:06 PM.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Originally posted by Ted Nugent View Post
    I get home from church and notice that the Cowboys finally won a game. What?!? I was looking forward to listening to the "CowSheep" lighting up their textoys to Galloway and Company demanding Wade Phillips' head on a platter. Instead they will be talking about how Tony Romo and Roy Williams have been seen walking on water. Now what am I going to listen to at work tomorrow?
    They still can't overcome Wade Phillips. The NFC East looks brutal right now and through all the muck and mud...Philly looks like the most complete team. How did that happen?
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
      They still can't overcome Wade Phillips. The NFC East looks brutal right now and through all the muck and mud...Philly looks like the most complete team. How did that happen?
      They have the best coach in the NFC East.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

Is there a more overhyped franchise in any sport than the Cowboys? They haven't been good in fifteen years, yet they still get winning-team coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          Is there a more overhyped franchise in any sport than the Cowboys? They haven't been good in fifteen years, yet they still get winning-team coverage.
          It's interesting that the NFL has had a salary cap for about fifteen years as well. Now that the supreme court ruled that Jerry gets all the revenue from selling cowboy shirts to the kids wearing pants around their knees he has a lot of money to burn on the best talent.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ust/index.html
          Last edited by Uncle Ted; 09-27-2010, 07:40 AM.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            They have the best coach in the NFC East.
            You take that back...

:finger3:

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

You take that back...

:finger3:
              Maybe after this weekend. But I doubt it.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

I'm assuming you mean the NFC East looks brutal in a NFC West kind of way and not in a AFC or NFC South kind of way. That division looks incredibly overrated this year. The Cowboys may still sneak into a wild card spot, but not if Minny finally gets its act together in its own shitty division.
                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                  I'm assuming you mean the NFC East looks brutal in a NFC West kind of way and not in a AFC or NFC South kind of way. That division looks incredibly overrated this year. The Cowboys may still sneak into a wild card spot, but not if Minny finally gets its act together in its own shitty division.
                  That's exactly what I mean. 3 1-2s and a 2-1 does not inspire confidence. 8-8 might legitimately win the division this year, maybe 9-7.

Couglin will be out in NY at season's end and the Giants will make a run at Cower.

Comment

Cowboys Football Team FOR SALE - $500 (IRVING, TX)

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/spo/2054147501.html
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Are you kidding me? The cowboys are the top of the NFC East?

http://www.nfl.com/standings
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        Are you kidding me? The cowboys are the top of the NFC East?

http://www.nfl.com/standings
                        Yep. For all the national pub it gets for being such a tough division, the NFC East has been a very mediocre division over the last decade.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I'd just like to point out Vince Young is undefeated this season. Just sayin'.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

Rick Perry Orders Dallas Cowboys to Mexican Border

In his boldest move yet to address the immigration crisis, on Thursday Texas Governor Rick Perry dispatched the Dallas Cowboys to the United States’ border with Mexico.

In a photo opportunity with the Cowboys and several of the team’s cheerleaders, Perry explained the rationale behind his latest decision. “Those who would cross our borders illegally will have to contend with the power and fury of America’s Team,” he said.

Critics of the move dismissed it as political theatre, noting that once the Cowboys arrived at the border it was unclear what they would do there.

Additionally, there were questions about how effective the Cowboys would be in stopping illegal immigrants, since the team has the worst-ranked defense in the N.F.L.
                            http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borow...mexican-border
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Look out Jim Brown...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X