No announcement yet.

Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My main one is when I ask a question and rather than answer it, the other person answers the question they think I am getting at or leading up to. They are almost always wrong. I don't ask questions that I don't care about the answer to.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
      Hillary's okay, though?
      I've always thought that Hillary is kind of sexy in those monochromatic pantsuits. She is on my freebie list.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
        My main one is when I ask a question and rather than answer it, the other person answers the question they think I am getting at or leading up to. They are almost always wrong. I don't ask questions that I don't care about the answer to.
        I hate it when the person assumes I'm implying something with the question, or that I'm fishing for a certain answer, when I'm just trying to ask an honest question.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
          Hm, perhaps. But a lot of guys just have blanket policies in place.
          So do a lot of women.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
            So do a lot of women.
            regarding age? I don't know any women who refuse to date men their own age because those men are too old. I don't doubt that they exist, but I think that attitude is much more prevalent among men. I'd be surprised if anyone would try to argue otherwise.

Comment

When I ask my husband to stop doing something annoying and then just to be more annoying he does it just one more time. Yes, Surfah is like 6 years old when it comes to this crap.

When I am driving and there is a turning lane but the person in front of me fully slows down in the lane of moving traffic before making a turn. Annoying!

Clutter.

On the phone when people feel the need to have a back and forth of saying bye, like Person A: "ok" B: ok" A: "see you later" B: "yeah see you later then" A:"bye" B: "bye" Nothing is more annoying than taking forever to get off the phone, and then there are people who wait for you to hang up?! Ha! I will never get this. I just say bye and hang up. Who waits to hear the other person hang up? That is so stupid.
              I am a philosophical Goldilocks, always looking for something neither too big nor too small, neither too hot nor too cold, something jussssst right. I'll send you a card from purgatory. - PAC

You know how President Hinckley said he doesn't worry about those who pray? The same can be said for men who are self-aware enough to know when there's a life to be lived outside of the world of video games. - Anonymous

Comment

1) Educated people who use the phrase "whole nother." Nother is not a word.

2)When my wife decides that despite the fact that she's had all week to talk to me, gametime is the time to ask me 100 questions.

3)Someone asking me to tell the drive through person to wait until they decide what they want...its fast food people, I decide what I'm getting at Taco Bell 3 days before I go. P.S. the menu doesn't change that much and at the drive through with me is not the time to try something new.

4)People who pull out in front of me and drive slowly

5)Driving in Utah County

6)Subway employees asking me if I want lettuce and tomato but no other fixings...if you're going to ask, go through the whole list don't just assume I want those, because I don't.

7)My neighbor's surround sound being on all the time, day or night.

Like Rocky, I'd better stop before I get worked up!
                "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

When an official makes a call when he's out of position to do so regardless of whether it was the correct call or not.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

I was out this evening and I realized I may have hundreds of pet peeves.

1. The "click-imaginary-finger-gun-and-wink-to-say-goodbye" guy.
                    2. I am with someone and we are reviewing some sort of paper document. The other person licks his or her finger to get some traction with the paper, then proceeds to touch various sheets of paper. Afterwards, the person gives me back the document that now is contaminated by their cruddy saliva.
                    3. A-holes that loves their dogs so much that they assume everyone else loves it, too. This is usually accompanied by a sub-series of related offenses, including putting human clothes on the dog, allowing the dog to jump up on strangers as they walk around the neighborhood, and people that tote their dog around in a purse. those people deserve to be clubbed over the head with a rusty pipe.
                    4. People in the office that have no children, but insist that their pet is their child.
                    5. People that want to "fist tap" after every freaking play at a football game. CJF knows who I am talking about here.

Some Utah-themed ones, just from being out tonight in Provo eating dinner and hanging out at BYU...

1. Cheap people that make it awkward for everyone by announcing that they are not eating anything at Cafe Rio because they don't have any money...they almost always announce this as everyone is going through the line ordering food.
                    2. Adult couples with jobs dickering over splitting a check for a meal that costs $25. "I ordered the chicken, which cost 8.99, also I had a sprite. So I owe $11, plus tax."
                    3. People writing personal checks for every damn thing....gas, fast food, groceries, dry cleaners, etc...just use your debit card, a-holes. And NO, you can't write your check for $10 over.
                    4. People charging you for gas money, but they round up the total and cite "wear and tear" on the car as a reason.
                    5. Doormats with family names...and for whatever reason, the family name ends in an apostrophe-s. "The Johnson's" or "The Smith's"

More phone ones...

1. People that call my house after 9PM (used to be 10PM until we had kids)
                    2. People that call my house and when I say, "hello?" they immediately say, "who's this?" or they will say, "Hey, DDD, is your wife home?" and they do not identify themselves.

And my ultimate all time pet peeve...which I beleive I have already shared in a CG thread....

Hip bumping. You are standing there watching the Disneyland parade, or watching your favorite band at a concert, or at a club listening to music. Evetually some tool will sidle up next you....it is always someone you know. They are really feeling the moment, they are really into it and having fun. The get really close to your side, they raise their arms in the air and they playfully bump their hip to your hip.

One day, you will read that I have been sentenced to life in prison. And it will be because someone hip bumped me one too many times.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      More phone ones...

This one bugs me to no end also. Gidget's friends and family don't own watches or have common courtesy.
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

I was out this evening and I realized I may have hundreds of pet peeves.

1. The "click-imaginary-finger-gun-and-wink-to-say-goodbye" guy.
                        2. I am with someone and we are reviewing some sort of paper document. The other person licks his or her finger to get some traction with the paper, then proceeds to touch various sheets of paper. Afterwards, the person gives me back the document that now is contaminated by their cruddy saliva.
                        3. A-holes that loves their dogs so much that they assume everyone else loves it, too. This is usually accompanied by a sub-series of related offenses, including putting human clothes on the dog, allowing the dog to jump up on strangers as they walk around the neighborhood, and people that tote their dog around in a purse. those people deserve to be clubbed over the head with a rusty pipe.
                        4. People in the office that have no children, but insist that their pet is their child.
                        5. People that want to "fist tap" after every freaking play at a football game. CJF knows who I am talking about here.

Some Utah-themed ones, just from being out tonight in Provo eating dinner and hanging out at BYU...

1. Cheap people that make it awkward for everyone by announcing that they are not eating anything at Cafe Rio because they don't have any money...they almost always announce this as everyone is going through the line ordering food.
                        2. Adult couples with jobs dickering over splitting a check for a meal that costs $25. "I ordered the chicken, which cost 8.99, also I had a sprite. So I owe $11, plus tax."
                        3. People writing personal checks for every damn thing....gas, fast food, groceries, dry cleaners, etc...just use your debit card, a-holes. And NO, you can't write your check for $10 over.
                        4. People charging you for gas money, but they round up the total and cite "wear and tear" on the car as a reason.
                        5. Doormats with family names...and for whatever reason, the family name ends in an apostrophe-s. "The Johnson's" or "The Smith's"

More phone ones...

2. People that call my house and when I say, "hello?" they immediately say, "who's this?" or they will say, "Hey, DDD, is your wife home?" and they do not identify themselves.

And my ultimate all time pet peeve...which I beleive I have already shared in a CG thread....

Hip bumping. You are standing there watching the Disneyland parade, or watching your favorite band at a concert, or at a club listening to music. Evetually some tool will sidle up next you....it is always someone you know. They are really feeling the moment, they are really into it and having fun. The get really close to your side, they raise their arms in the air and they playfully bump their hip to your hip.

One day, you will read that I have been sentenced to life in prison. And it will be because someone hip bumped me one too many times.
                        I agree with you about the whole fighting over paying the EXACT amount of a shared check. My friends in college always did that. I would usually just put in an extra dollar and then tell them to argue over who was going to keep the change.
                        I am a philosophical Goldilocks, always looking for something neither too big nor too small, neither too hot nor too cold, something jussssst right. I'll send you a card from purgatory. - PAC

You know how President Hinckley said he doesn't worry about those who pray? The same can be said for men who are self-aware enough to know when there's a life to be lived outside of the world of video games. - Anonymous

Comment

Amen Triplet. I have 2 co-workers like this and one day after hearing her say "I know what you mean about kids being sick my dog bitsie was throwing up all night..." I told her that not all of us consider dogs to be equal to human children. She said without a moment's hesitation "I guess it depends on how one treats their animals."

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                            1) Educated people who use the phrase "whole nother." Nother is not a word.
                            Oh, that's a good one. There was a Circuit City commercial showing within the past couple of weeks where a woman is sitting at a table talking to a camera and griping that the camera was one price online, and a "whole nother" price in the store. I pointed it out to my kids and told them that lady sounds like an idiot, don't ever say "nother".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuVHazIvLtU

Comment

Another pet peeve is when people quote a huge post but are only responding to a single point or line from that post.
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

Reading this thread has made me realize I hate almost everyone and everything. I agree with almost everything here. A few more for me:

1. Putting mayo on food that should not have mayo on. It's just nasty. In my opinion no food should have mayo, but some people put it on everything and anything and then serve to you.
                                2. People who refuse to believe that the place they live is not absolutely the best place in the world to live and that if you don't live there, you've made poor career or life decisions.
                                3. A Thanksgiving one. Stuffing. I hate mushy bread. I don't get why people love this crap. Stuff seasoned bread inside a dead animal carcass and bake it for hours. Disgusting.
                                4. People who I don't even know their first name, let alone their last name asking me person questions like we're life long friends. For instance, a check out girl at the local grocey store asked if my wife was illegal alien. I wanted to punch her.
                                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Working...
                                X