Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
    Blinker is so much more cool then turn signal.

1. People that make fun of Grape and myself because we were raised in Idaho.

2. Empty milk containers and empty cereal boxes being put away.

3. People walking around in a store talking on their bluetooth.

4. People not starting their checks until they receive the total amount. Yes people in small town Rexburg still write checks.

5. My wife asking a question like "Did you remember to tell the boys to do their homework" right after sex because I know this was on her mind and not the task at hand.

On #5, it is owrse when it happens during. Besides, maybe if you didn't think of it as the task at hand . . . wait, the punch lines are coming out here and I must stop now (sorry).

On #3, I am more peeved by poeple walking around a store with a bluetooth headset in their ear and NOT talking. It is usually some schmoe in khaki cargo shorts and a soiled t-shirt who probabyl wears it just on the Lloyd Christmas chance that someone calls, which they never do. Put the flippin' thing in your pocket, buddy! You can shop with one hand for a few minutes if the phone rings!

On #1, if we just make fun of you OR Grape, is it ok?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
      On #5, it is owrse when it happens during. Besides, maybe if you didn't think of it as the task at hand . . . wait, the punch lines are coming out here and I must stop now (sorry).

On #3, I am more peeved by poeple walking around a store with a bluetooth headset in their ear and NOT talking. It is usually some schmoe in khaki cargo shorts and a soiled t-shirt who probabyl wears it just on the Lloyd Christmas chance that someone calls, which they never do. Put the flippin' thing in your pocket, buddy! You can shop with one hand for a few minutes if the phone rings!

On #1, if we just make fun of you OR Grape, is it ok?
      5. During hurts so bad I just can't bring it up (no pun intended)

1. I can live with that. Honestly his post have always made a lot of sense to me and I think it is that Idaho connection.

Comment

One thing that drives me nuts is when I'm at a place of business waiting my turn to speak to the receptionist, or a customer care agent, or whatever and they stop talking to me because the phone rings. I take the time to go to the location, wait my turn and someone gets moved to the front of the line because they picked up a phone. Drives me nuts.
        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          I would be interested in learning about your pet peeves. Your REAL pet peeves.
          driving 55 on the interestate; or at an intersection using the right-hand lane to go straight, preventing the people behind you from being able to turn right on red. Using high-beams or brights at night, just because.

smacking or making other disgusting noises while eating.

talking on cell phones in restaurants.

leaving the seat up.

using nonexistent words like irregardless, or using pitcher in place of picture, or ideal in place of idea.

christmas letters.

By far the worst:
          pushing your basket full of forty-five things through the express lane, making sure not to make eye contact with the line of people behind you, then paying by check.

Comment

1st, I hate the dude that wants to check all of the items in your bag, just to make sure you got everything (really it is to see if you are shoplifting), and then he puts a little yellow check mark on your receipt. My general rule with these people, if there is ANY sort of lineup to have them look at your purchases, I blow right past them all and walk out the door. If Home Depot doesn't have the courtesy to hire enough people to look at receipts at the doorways, they can't expect me to show them any courtesy in return.

2nd, I hate when these receipt checkers come running after you into the parking lot, and check your receipt right there in the road. The rest of the line is still waiting, and now you look like an impatient asshole. Yes, I hate all door checkers.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
              2nd, I hate when these receipt checkers come running after you into the parking lot, and check your receipt right there in the road. The rest of the line is still waiting, and now you look like an impatient asshole.
              Under those circumstances, you don't just look like one, IMO.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Under those circumstances, you don't just look like one, IMO.
                I am, no doubt, an impatient asshole. But that brings me to pet peeve #3: I hate looking like one.

Comment

another one: when guys won't date women their own age because those women are "too old." My friends that are divorced/single are already running into this.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                    another one: when guys won't date women their own age because those women are "too old." My friends that are divorced/single are already running into this.

That may shed light on why they are divorced.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I think age rules in general are mostly pretty dumb when it comes to dating.

Comment

That may shed light on why they are divorced.
                        Hm, perhaps. But a lot of guys just have blanket policies in place.

Comment

Hm, perhaps. But a lot of guys just have blanket policies in place.
                          I married an older woman.

Comment

Toni Morrison and Maya Angelou are two of my pet peeves. So are Ani DiFranco and Tori Amos. Listening to any of these four women sets me off.
                            Last edited by RobinFinderson; 11-20-2008, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                              Toni Morrison and Maya Angelou are two of my pet peeves. So are Ani DiFranco and Tori Amos. Listening to any of these for women sets me off.
                              Hillary's okay, though?

Comment

When people refer to college athletes as "kids". It's especially irritating when coaches do it ("our kids are tired", "our kids did a good job", etc.)

If I was a coach in college I would never refer to my players as "kids".

Comment

Working...
                                X