Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
    Wow.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
      Wow.
      I know... awesome isn't a strong enough word!

The ending is like a prayer.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

I know... awesome isn't a strong enough word!

The ending is like a prayer.
        Didn't make it to the ending.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Giving up 20 point leads.

Comment

• People who lie in situations where the truth would work just fine.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              People who lie in situations where the truth would work just fine.
              Amen.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• When I write, "I think it might require a Director-level approval, but I'm not sure"

and people turn around and say, "BigFatMeanie says it requires Director-level approval".

Do those people not understand the meaning of the words "might" and "I'm not sure"?

The lack of reading comprehension skills displayed some people these days is shocking.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                  When I write, "I think it might require a Director-level approval, but I'm not sure"

and people turn around and say, "BigFatMeanie says it requires Director-level approval".

Do those people not understand the meaning of the words "might" and "I'm not sure"?

The lack of reading comprehension skills displayed some people these days is shocking.
                  I think it is often less a comprehension problem and more a lack of focus or attention to detail problem. Precision matters.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                    When I write, "I think it might require a Director-level approval, but I'm not sure"

Don't be naive - they know exactly what they're doing - they're trying to throw you under the bus.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Don't be naive - they know exactly what they're doing - they're trying to throw you under the bus.
                      Unfortunately, I think you're probably right.

Comment

I know of a guy who got convicted of rape in which the jury indicated the main reason they convicted him was because he lied to the police about being with the victim. Based on the rest of the testimony through the case, if he had just said yes we were together but it was consensual, which he claimed when faced with DNA evidence, the case turns into he said she said. That may not be the best example because we don't know if he was lying about consent, but going that far afoot in his denial likely cost him his case.
                        “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                          I know of a guy who got convicted of rape in which the jury indicated the main reason they convicted him was because he lied to the police about being with the victim. Based on the rest of the testimony through the case, if he had just said yes we were together but it was consensual, which he claimed when faced with DNA evidence, the case turns into he said she said. That may not be the best example because we don't know if he was lying about consent, but going that far afoot in his denial likely cost him his case.
                          In my area of focus, a person's prior medical history is often a huge component of the case value. Many people think they need to withhold or conceal prior treatment and injuries because the information will be unfairly used against them. When I get a case, one of the first things I tell people is that if they lie or are not 100% forthcoming about their prior treatment and conditions, that will be much more harmful to their case than if they just admit their prior injuries, nagging pains, treatment, etc. I also explain to them that the law precludes irrelevant and unrelated stuff from being used against them, and that having prior injuries is not necessarily a bad thing, as it explains why their body was more susceptible to injury than the average person. 95% of my clients understand and follow my advice. Of course there are always those clients who decide they are smarter than me and that there are certain things they think I should not know about, because the explanation might seem unbelievable. Inevitably, they lie to the opposing attorney about these things under oath, and then we get medical documents produced later on. Their explanation is always "I didn't want to tell you about that because it's not related and they were going to spin it and use it against me."

Well guess what, you ass. Now that you lied about it, it's relevant, admissible, and definitely going to be used against you. And you probably just decreased the value of your case.

Just tell your lawyer the truth, folks.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Lawyers airing gripes about clients not telling then the whole truth: can I get an irony ruling?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                              Lawyers airing gripes about clients not telling then the whole truth: can I get an irony ruling?
                              Ruling: Not ironic.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Peeve: when someone asks a question while the answer is staring them right in the face.

Comment

Working...
                                X