Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    This discussion reminded me of a class of people I despise: airplane farters. When someone farts in a pressurized steel tube 6 miles above the surface of the earth, it lingers far longer than seems possible. Everyone farts, but when travelling with 145 strangers, have the courtesy to get up and let them fly in the loo.
    agree, execute those people
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Best place to cropdust is walking by the sample wagons at Costco or Sam's Club.
      “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Airlines are my current pet peeve. It all started when the price of air fuel went sky high. Then one airline decided to charge extra for luggage, under the dubious premise that heavier bags equals more fuel. It started making money hand over fist so every airline followed suit. (Except for SouthWest). Even after fuel prices went back down, the airlines didnt give back rebates. After a while of sticking it to the passengers with increasingly expensive bag charges, the customers got wise. They started packing lighter and investing in carry-on luggage.

Round 2: Airlines are now limiting bags to personal items only. A purse. You want to bring a carry-on? Pay $45 extra for it. You want to select your seat? $15-$45. You want an inflight meal? $45. You want peanuts or pretzels? $3. (4 oz of soda or coffee or tea is still free). Internet? $30. Seat back entertainment? $20

The most eggregious charge is for group seating. If your family buys 6 tickets to Hawaii to bring all of the kids, you pay an extra $270 ($45 ea) to select your seats, otherwise your 5 year old will be stuck in the middle seat 20 rows ahead of your wife, who will be 10 rows apart from you. (I'm looking at you United Airlines- You have it printed on every ticket - No group seating. Imagine going to the movies and buying 6 tickets for your family, only to be told that everyone will be seated rows apart by themselves. I say that if you buy 4 tickets together, you get to sit together. It is a basic human expectation to sit with the group that they buy tickets with. If an airline wishes to charge more to select seating, put that in the base rate price, instead of advertising low prices, and then charging for selective seating.

Comment

• I travel pretty frequently and have found that when I have a prayer in my heart I'm always able to find someone who needs an act of service or kindness. It usually ends up being me that receives the greater blessing through the interaction as I can easily overlook the frustrations, inconveniences, discomfort, and smells of air travel. My pet peeve is when I forget to do this and focus on myself and my own needs, making me more prone to find fault in others.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            I travel pretty frequently and have found that when I have a prayer in my heart I'm always able to find someone who needs an act of service or kindness. It usually ends up being me that receives the greater blessing through the interaction as I can easily overlook the frustrations, inconveniences, discomfort, and smells of air travel. My pet peeve is when I forget to do this and focus on myself and my own needs, making me more prone to find fault in others.
            How many BOMs have you placed with neighboring passengers during your frequent travels?

Comment

• Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
              How many BOMs have you placed with neighboring passengers during your frequent travels?
              I wonder if he has ever flow next to Mick Jagger!
              "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                Airlines are my current pet peeve. It all started when the price of air fuel went sky high. Then one airline decided to charge extra for luggage, under the dubious premise that heavier bags equals more fuel. It started making money hand over fist so every airline followed suit. (Except for SouthWest). Even after fuel prices went back down, the airlines didnt give back rebates. After a while of sticking it to the passengers with increasingly expensive bag charges, the customers got wise. They started packing lighter and investing in carry-on luggage.

Round 2: Airlines are now limiting bags to personal items only. A purse. You want to bring a carry-on? Pay $45 extra for it. You want to select your seat? $15-$45. You want an inflight meal? $45. You want peanuts or pretzels? $3. (4 oz of soda or coffee or tea is still free). Internet? $30. Seat back entertainment? $20

The most eggregious charge is for group seating. If your family buys 6 tickets to Hawaii to bring all of the kids, you pay an extra $270 ($45 ea) to select your seats, otherwise your 5 year old will be stuck in the middle seat 20 rows ahead of your wife, who will be 10 rows apart from you. (I'm looking at you United Airlines- You have it printed on every ticket - No group seating. Imagine going to the movies and buying 6 tickets for your family, only to be told that everyone will be seated rows apart by themselves. I say that if you buy 4 tickets together, you get to sit together. It is a basic human expectation to sit with the group that they buy tickets with. If an airline wishes to charge more to select seating, put that in the base rate price, instead of advertising low prices, and then charging for selective seating.

Although I like to subvert the airlines' attempts to suck my wallet dry by talking to other passengers and playing switch-a-roo with the seats.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                  It's not about numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                    I wonder if he has ever flow next to Mick Jagger!
                    Knowing YOhio, he probably struck up an edifying convo with Mick until he learned Mick's sole purpose in making music is to get kids to have sex and smoke marijuana cigarettes! YO says, "grass?" "I'll pass."

Comment

• You get a carry on and a personal item. Only one can go in the overhead storage. If I have a backpack or laptop bag but no carry on then it is going in the overhead storage. There's nothing wrong with that. You're an asshole if you put your carry on and personal item in the overhead storage. You're a super asshole if your personal item is essentially another carry on.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                        This discussion reminded me of a class of people I despise: airplane farters. When someone farts in a pressurized steel tube 6 miles above the surface of the earth, it lingers far longer than seems possible. Everyone farts, but when travelling with 145 strangers, have the courtesy to get up and let them fly in the loo.
                        The smeller is the feller.
                        Last edited by Applejack; 06-07-2019, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                          The smeller is the feller.
                          Stfu Applebee. That’s an urban legend.

Comment

• Had to put my dang laptop under my seat on a short flight to SFO on Friday. Anything under the seat sucks!

laptopunderseat.jpg

Fortunately, I only had to endure for a short while. The next leg of the journey was business class on a 787 Dreamliner. No worries about stuff under the seat .

bclass.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                              Had to put my dang laptop under my seat on a short flight to SFO on Friday. Anything under the seat sucks!

[ATTACH]9572[/ATTACH]

Fortunately, I only had to endure for a short while. The next leg of the journey was business class on a 787 Dreamliner. No worries about stuff under the seat .

[ATTACH]9573[/ATTACH]
                              Who wears slippers on a plane? Just how old are you BFM?
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                                Who wears slippers on a plane? Just how old are you BFM?
                                people who get them with their seats in biz class. enjoy beijing, bfm.
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X