Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
    None? Sheesh. That would at least make my personal list as one of my favorite things about him...
    I stopped reading after he said his Bishop was hot. I thought that's what he was referring to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
      I stopped reading after he said his Bishop was hot. I thought that's what he was referring to.
      Hot afraid. Kind of like those scantily clad girls in a horror movie or something.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Scofflaws who enter the back doors of the bus to avoid paying the fare, but are holding a $10 Starbucks sugar bomb.

Comment

• Guys at church who try to quiet things down in priesthood by giving the scout sign. Especially if he is trying to quiet adults.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
            Guys at church who try to quiet things down in priesthood by giving the scout sign. Especially if he is trying to quiet adults.
            That is so awesome.
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Guys at church who try to quiet things down in priesthood by giving the scout sign. Especially if he is trying to quiet adults.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I get annoyed by anybody who says "For those of you who don't know me..."

And it's not just at church. We attended a live performance earlier in the week of a woman portraying Coretta Scott King, and the guy who made the first announcements started off that way. Just say your name, which is the same whether those listening know you or not.

Do it like this guy, who I'm sure everyone in the audience knew:
                Last edited by Scott R Nelson; 01-21-2018, 04:39 PM. Reason: Add something important

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                  I get annoyed by anybody who says "For those of you who don't know me..."
                  Good point. I have been known to say this. I will take this under advisement.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

I want to be in CA's ward.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

I get annoyed by anybody who says "For those of you who don't know me..."

And it's not just at church. We attended a live performance earlier in the week of a woman portraying Coretta Scott King, and the guy who made the first announcements started off that way. Just say your name, which is the same whether those listening know you or not.
                      My neighbor and friend hates that too. Whenever he speaks in church, he says "For those of you that don't know me, my name is _____. For those of you that do know me, my name is still ____."
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• People that get upset over trivial things.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post

I want to be in CA's ward.
                          I'll be there this Sunday and with my usual disruptions perhaps I can evoke the sign.

Comment

• Drug labels where they hide the directions telling you how much to take or how often to take it among tons of disclaimers and warnings. And it's all in a very tiny font that is difficult to read even for people with good eyes. Most of the warnings are lame, obvious stuff, but I actually need to know the dosage and frequency.

Comment

Drug labels where they hide the directions telling you how much to take or how often to take it among tons of disclaimers and warnings. And it's all in a very tiny font that is difficult to read even for people with good eyes. Most of the warnings are lame, obvious stuff, but I actually need to know the dosage and frequency.
                              just take three every few hours
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                                just take three every few hours
                                But make sure to go to the doctor if your...er....the effects...last more than 4 hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X