No announcement yet.

Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peeve: Web sites or iPhone apps that ask you a question, then only give you one choice for an answer.

LinkedIn keeps asking me if I know John Doe*, but the only choice is to accept a connection from this person. There isn't a choice for no, I don't know this person and please don't bug me about it again.

*Name changed...
    **I only joined LinkedIn the help with the job search a couple of years ago. I have no use for most social media sites.

Comment

• People who pee standing up with the toilet seat down should be dragged out into the street publicly flogged.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
        People who pee standing up with the toilet seat down should be dragged out into the street publicly flogged.
        Wow. They must really piss you off.
        sigpic
        "Outlined against a blue, gray
        October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
        Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Homeowners that mix different color temperature light bulbs. Pick one or the other... soft warm light or bright cool light! So annoying.
          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• People who use apostrophe's in words that they want to make plural.

I just noticed the LDS Tools update had the message "Fixed a bug in sending email's to lists of members."

Comment

• People who use the terms "cisgender, cismale, cisfemale."

We won't be friends.
              We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                People who use the terms "cisgender, cismale, cisfemale."

We won't be friends.
                I thought you were woke!
                "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                  I thought you were woke!
                  I'm more woke than those who think they're woke.
                  We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• Use of "pound for pound" in evaluating a player's effectiveness. There is no reason to normalize on player weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                      Use of "pound for pound" in evaluating a player's effectiveness. There is no reason to normalize on player weight.
                      makes sense in boxing, but not much else.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

• Peeve: distorted hold music while waiting to talk to someone on the phone.

Right now I'm stuck for an estimated 40 minutes listening to what would actually be good music, but it's distorted, like an FM station that isn't quite tuned in. I've experienced this same thing on both government numbers and private businesses. Every time they stop to announce that they're sorry you have to wait, it's clear as can be. Why is the music so screwed up?

And the worst part is that you have to listen, because when a human finally comes on, you only have seconds to respond to them or they will hang up on you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                          Peeve: distorted hold music while waiting to talk to someone on the phone.

Right now I'm stuck for an estimated 40 minutes listening to what would actually be good music, but it's distorted, like an FM station that isn't quite tuned in. I've experienced this same thing on both government numbers and private businesses. Every time they stop to announce that they're sorry you have to wait, it's clear as can be. Why is the music so screwed up?

And the worst part is that you have to listen, because when a human finally comes on, you only have seconds to respond to them or they will hang up on you.
                          In many old phone systems, especially in older buildings, the music player is in some old closet and inevitably gets placed in such a position that it's either mounted next to a high voltage power line because that's the only available mounting space (don't want to run the actual phone/data lines near high-voltage lines) or it gets placed such that the output line runs next to a high voltage line at some point.

Comment

• When people say on a daily basis instead of just saying every day. I just go berserk.
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                              When people say on a daily basis instead of just saying every day. I just go berserk.
                              Dude, I use that phrase on the reg.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                Dude, I use that phrase on the reg.
                                On the daily?
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X