Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
    But make sure to go to the doctor if your...er....the effects...last more than 4 hours.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      just take three every few hours
      The one that caused me to write this was a powder. Was looking for how much to measure out. Definitely couldn't do three...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
        The one that caused me to write this was a powder. Was looking for how much to measure out. Definitely couldn't do three...
        just put it on a mirror and move some around with a razor blade. then rub it on your gums like they do in the movies.
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• A woman I married washes her hands frequently. She pumps the hand soap dispenser multiple times each time she washes - at least twice, often more. Most of the soap from those excess pumps ends up sliding off her hands and down the drain. She may as well just pump the soap directly into the sink.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            A woman I married washes her hands frequently. She pumps the hand soap dispenser multiple times each time she washes - at least twice, often more. Most of the soap from those excess pumps ends up sliding off her hands and down the drain. She may as well just pump the soap directly into the sink.
            Maybe your wife and Holmoe could meet in the middle.
            "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Can I add multiple pet peeves from the same experience?

1 - Standing in a LONG line to order lunch at some place, and when you are 3 from the front, the person you are standing behind is joined by 4 individuals representing a LARGE family sitting over at the tables - so you realize that the 1 person you are standing behind just turned into 15 and you were fooled by what may have appeared to be a shorter line 15 minutes ago, but really isn't.

2 - So then, when it's now their turn, they all turn and look at each other and start asking what does everyone want. Complete with shouting back and forth with the people sitting at the tables, who aren't sure what they want either. Um...we've been standing in this line for 15 minutes now, and NOW you decide maybe you should look at the menu and decide what you want to eat?!? Seriously?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                A woman I married washes her hands frequently. She pumps the hand soap dispenser multiple times each time she washes - at least twice, often more. Most of the soap from those excess pumps ends up sliding off her hands and down the drain. She may as well just pump the soap directly into the sink.
                Get some of that foaming soap. I love that stuff. And there is less waste when you use it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                  Get some of that foaming soap. I love that stuff. And there is less waste when you use it.
                  Tried it, doesn't help.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• The problem with the foaming soap is that it eventually starts to clog up the pump. As you press on the pump it starts to spray out the foam instead of gently dispensing the foam. If you don't clean the pump regularly then you'll eventually end up with soap on your shirt after an inadvertently too-hard pump press.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                      The problem with the foaming soap is that it eventually starts to clog up the pump. As you press on the pump it starts to spray out the foam instead of gently dispensing the foam. If you don't clean the pump regularly then you'll eventually end up with soap on your shirt after an inadvertently too-hard pump press.
                      The cheap ones work that way. We get ours from Bath & Body Works and have never had one clog, even after a full year.

Comment

• Don't know if this belongs here; likely there is another thread elsewhere, but oh well:

Leave Ryker and Questin and Anbre Alone

It makes perfect sense that Mormons give their kids such unusual names ...

https://slate.com/human-interest/201...ual-names.html

Comment

• Peeve: distorted hold music.

Apparently a lot of businesses and government agencies get their hold music from the same place. The music itself isn't bad, but it sounds like an FM station that isn't tuned in properly (back before digital tuners). Or maybe somewhere in the system it is turned up way too loud and is being distorted by overwhelming some circuit somewhere. Nobody seems to know where the music comes from or who is responsible for it. And of course I have to listen to it the whole time so that I'll be read after my 45 minute wait to talk to the person who finally comes on and expects a response from me within just a few seconds.

In contrast if you call up the LDS Church you get great hold music. I think one time I was tempted to ask them to put me back on hold so I could listen some more.

Comment

• I hate when my relatives return my texts using Samoan.

"We'll meet at the restaurant - any dietary restrictions?"

"O le'a le igoa ole nu'u ete nofo ai."

WTH?

Same with teens who respond 100% in emojis.

Comment

• Not sure where else to put this. When I got my gmail email, I was early enough that I could just use my last name and first initial for the email address. Big mistake. HUGE.

Now I get emails ALL THE FREAKING TIME from random places. I'm not sure, to be honest, what these people are using for their email address. From what I understand, gmail doesn't recognize the dots in an email. So johnsmith and john.smith and joh.n.smith are all the exact same email address.

Anyway - I don't know what email address the woman in North Carolina was able to set up that was similar enough to mine that I'm getting her stuff - but apparently she's trying to take out loans, refinance her house, getting vet reminders, has a son in little league baseball, and has rented various cars over the last six months. At one point she hooked up DirecTV - I was tempted to login and change some passwords or something just for fun. I don't know if she gets those emails too? Do they go both places? Or do they just come to me? No idea.

Now there's some dude in UK who has joined the party. He just purchased a new 60 inch 4K TV online and is getting it shipped to him. I got an email telling me that if I wanted to change the shipping address, I just needed to log in to the online portal for the shopping site and update that information before it shipped. Hmmmmm. How much trouble would I get into, really, if the online store just happened to ship me the new TV instead of him? Asking for a friend...

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                                Not sure where else to put this. When I got my gmail email, I was early enough that I could just use my last name and first initial for the email address. Big mistake. HUGE.

Now I get emails ALL THE FREAKING TIME from random places. I'm not sure, to be honest, what these people are using for their email address. From what I understand, gmail doesn't recognize the dots in an email. So johnsmith and john.smith and joh.n.smith are all the exact same email address.

Anyway - I don't know what email address the woman in North Carolina was able to set up that was similar enough to mine that I'm getting her stuff - but apparently she's trying to take out loans, refinance her house, getting vet reminders, has a son in little league baseball, and has rented various cars over the last six months. At one point she hooked up DirecTV - I was tempted to login and change some passwords or something just for fun. I don't know if she gets those emails too? Do they go both places? Or do they just come to me? No idea.

Now there's some dude in UK who has joined the party. He just purchased a new 60 inch 4K TV online and is getting it shipped to him. I got an email telling me that if I wanted to change the shipping address, I just needed to log in to the online portal for the shopping site and update that information before it shipped. Hmmmmm. How much trouble would I get into, really, if the online store just happened to ship me the new TV instead of him? Asking for a friend...
                                I have this same issue as well
                                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Working...
                                X