Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
    Not sure where else to put this. When I got my gmail email, I was early enough that I could just use my last name and first initial for the email address. Big mistake. HUGE.

Now I get emails ALL THE FREAKING TIME from random places. I'm not sure, to be honest, what these people are using for their email address. From what I understand, gmail doesn't recognize the dots in an email. So johnsmith and john.smith and joh.n.smith are all the exact same email address.

Anyway - I don't know what email address the woman in North Carolina was able to set up that was similar enough to mine that I'm getting her stuff - but apparently she's trying to take out loans, refinance her house, getting vet reminders, has a son in little league baseball, and has rented various cars over the last six months. At one point she hooked up DirecTV - I was tempted to login and change some passwords or something just for fun. I don't know if she gets those emails too? Do they go both places? Or do they just come to me? No idea.

Now there's some dude in UK who has joined the party. He just purchased a new 60 inch 4K TV online and is getting it shipped to him. I got an email telling me that if I wanted to change the shipping address, I just needed to log in to the online portal for the shopping site and update that information before it shipped. Hmmmmm. How much trouble would I get into, really, if the online store just happened to ship me the new TV instead of him? Asking for a friend...
    There's a guy in Midway with my same name. My email is [firstlast]@gmail.com. His email is [firstlast]@yahoo.com. For some reason, he thought he had the gmail version locked up too, so he added [firstlast]@gmail.com as his recovery email. I end up getting confirmation emails all the time when he changes his password. The emails tell me that if it wasn't me that changed it, click the link to re-set it. After the third or fourth time he did this (and after I told him at least two times that I'm getting his emails), I just logged in and changed his password. That didn't cause him to update his recovery email, so on the fifth or sixth time he did it, I changed his password again. But this time, I logged in and checked his email for him. His wife had been sending him some naughty pictures that day. Also, he had a YM presidency meeting that night.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      There's a guy in Midway with my same name. My email is [firstlast]@gmail.com. His email is [firstlast]@yahoo.com. For some reason, he thought he had the gmail version locked up too, so he added [firstlast]@gmail.com as his recovery email. I end up getting confirmation emails all the time when he changes his password. The emails tell me that if it wasn't me that changed it, click the link to re-set it. After the third or fourth time he did this (and after I told him at least two times that I'm getting his emails), I just logged in and changed his password. That didn't cause him to update his recovery email, so on the fifth or sixth time he did it, I changed his password again. But this time, I logged in and checked his email for him. His wife had been sending him some naughty pictures that day. Also, he had a YM presidency meeting that night.
      How naughty are we talking? Asking for a friend.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
        I have this same issue as well
        Me too. There’s some guy with a similar name that is in the army and lives in Wichita Falls. Last month he took a trip to Arkansas and the army required him to stop every two hours to stretch and rest. He also has some financial products through USAA.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          How naughty are we talking? Asking for a friend.
          Let's say they more Playboy than Penthouse.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

crazy that there are two guys in this world named hugh mungous
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
              crazy that there are two guys in this world named hugh mungous
              And they are both LDS!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Let's say they more Playboy than Penthouse.
                Good to know. My friend says he's not interested in seeing the pics. Thx.
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• People who use their windshield washers on the freeway. Usually these people are completely oblivious to the fact that they just showered a half dozen other cars with their overspray.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    People who use their windshield washers on the freeway. Usually these people are completely oblivious to the fact that they just showered a half dozen other cars with their overspray.
                    agreed. just washed the car this morning and had a jagoff do that to me less than 2 minutes later.
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• some of us do it on purpose
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

some of us do it on purpose
                        Lol. So you and I DO have something in common.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

some of us do it on purpose
                          You tailgate, you get sprayed. Simple as that. Passive-aggressive? Yes. Satisfying? Yes.
                          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                            You tailgate, you get sprayed. Simple as that. Passive-aggressive? Yes. Satisfying? Yes.
                            At 65-70mph on the freeway, I can be a full 3-4 seconds behind a car and still get sprayed.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              At 65-70mph on the freeway, I can be a full 3-4 seconds behind a car and still get sprayed.
                              Lost Student wants you a full 10 seconds back.
                              Last edited by falafel; 08-29-2018, 11:20 AM.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I'm selling a treadmill right now, listed in all the normal places. People make lowball offers, which are super annoying, but not as annoying as this question: "What's your rock bottom price?" F that. What's your absolute ceiling? I listed it for $xxx, but why don't I just bid against myself and lower the price to the absolute bottom because you asked.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X