Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    I agree with that rule except on NB I-15 at the I-215 interchange. Dotted line needs to be a mile further south.
    This is true

———————————————————————
    And I don’t agree with that in the workplace

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
      Yeah, I remember being in a meeting and my boss, who was from Israel, was talking about something with multiple tiers. Except he kept pronouncing it like "tire". I'm not sure if anybody else in the meeting actually knew for sure how to pronounce that word. It was driving me crazy and after the fifth or sixth time I corrected him on it.

I think that was what some of us used to call a career limiting move. I was laid off within six months.
      When I was at BYU my buddy and I were listening to a lecture in a philosophy class. It was taught by professor Falconer, who went on to become the department chair. He used the word quixotic but pronounced it kee-HO-tick. My buddy and I looked at each other and then he raised his hand. I whispered to him to put his hand down, but he kept it up and was called on. He informed the professor that he had mispronounced the word and pointed out the correct pronunciation. Falconer insisted he had pronounced it correctly, and then my buddy again pointed out that he hadn't. It was awkward for a moment and the professor continued the lecture. It's always great to have that friend who's willing to say the thing you want to say but don't have the guys to say.
      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
        When I was at BYU my buddy and I were listening to a lecture in a philosophy class. It was taught by professor Falconer, who went on to become the department chair. He used the word quixotic but pronounced it kee-HO-tick. My buddy and I looked at each other and then he raised his hand. I whispered to him to put his hand down, but he kept it up and was called on. He informed the professor that he had mispronounced the word and pointed out the correct pronunciation. Falconer insisted he had pronounced it correctly, and then my buddy again pointed out that he hadn't. It was awkward for a moment and the professor continued the lecture. It's always great to have that friend who's willing to say the thing you want to say but don't have the guys to say.
        He’s still teaching at the Y and his son is the dean of admissions. Wonder how he pronounces it.

———————————————————————
        And I don’t agree with that in the workplace

Comment

• Emails sent to large distribution lists without using the Bcc.

The latest is an email that was sent to nearly 75,000 recipients, of which I am one. This ticking time bomb was sent out on January 5th, so we dodged a bullet for a few weeks, but then someone replied to all. And some people replied to all more than once.

I am not sure why I’m getting this email but I will forward it to the personal listed in the to line.
          I am not sure how I got copied on this email chain either.
          Yes, same for me. Not sure why I am getting this email.
          I am sorry it did not show on my end this was going out to you all please delete!
          Not sure why I am getting this email either.
          ALCON:

Please stop hitting “Reply All” when replying to an email. The original email contained over 74,000 recipients.
          Please remove me from this Distro
          THE POOR LADY DID A “REPLY ALL”. PLEASE STOP EMAILING EVERYONE, EVERYONE. SHE DIDN’T KNOW. STOP REPLYING TO HER “REPLY ALL”.
          I am not sure how I got on the email chain either. LOL
          I believe you have the wrong Clark
          I feel obligated to commit the exact sin I’m about to rail against: If you all keep hitting “Reply to All”, we’ll all keep getting this crap. How about you only reply to the exact person you want to communicate with.
          Same here.
          Please do not reply if this isn’t directed to you, my email can only handle so much
          ^^^I think this guy's inbox must be near the limit, and these might be pushing him over.

Please stop using “reply all”.
          Can everyone please stop replying all to this thread???? Thank you.
          I believe I’ve been included in this thread by mistake.
          Hello everyone:
          I got this email too.
          Good luck on your teams account Rhonda. I would also like to be removed from this email.
          Please STOP REPLYING TO ALL…75K people are in this mailbox.

STOP REPLYING TO ALL.
          Everyone please respond back individually or we all get your replies
          I don’t know how I got into this email but I think it is not for me. ???
          I think we should all stop responding to all – lol! This email originated a couple of weeks ago telling “all of us,” that we will be logging in to teams via EAMS I believe.
          Same here, please remove me from this distro list.
          All is good. No worries. J
          Team,
          This email was clearly sent to the wrong distro. Please do not reply all stating you are not sure why you received this email. Delete the email and have a great day.
          Stop being dumb and responding to these emails.
          All:

Please stop replying all. If you got the email and it wasn’t intended for you, please just delete and move on.
          Please remove me from distro, I am not part of Publications nor MS Team.
          Same here
          Is anyone having issues with FMP? J
          Interesting because I got the same email and you and I have the same last name. Perhaps this was supposed to go to another person with the last name of Lee?
          You must be a part of one of the distribution list???
          If you’re not supposed to get this email just click ignore conversation to remove yourself.
          When you click reply all, everyone on this email is getting this email again. Please click reply instead.
          Me too please
          It’s because the person replied all. She sent an email out to disregard.
          Hello,

I think you have the wrong person.
          Good morning Everyone,

It might be best if you respond ONLY to the person who initiated the emails. That way, not everyone gets all these responses indicating you got the email in error.

Thank you.
          Please stop replying all
          Can we all stop pressing the “Reply All” button? This is a medical email distro and we don’t need it clogged with all these useless emails…
          Please remove me from this distro
          Could everyone please quit responding to this email and blowing up everyone’s mailbox. The distro list was attached I’m sure on accident. If it doesn’t pertain to you then just disregard. Hope you all have a wonderful day.
          Please remove me from this Distro as well
          Same
          Good morning all,

It must be a glitch in the system. I shouldn’t be on the email either.
          Me too please. I got enough emails to look through as it is.
          Could we please not hit the reply ALL?
          I’m not sure why I’m receiving this email???
          I’m not sure why I’m getting it too.
          No big dealJ
          Everyone. Please do not “reply all”.
          Before everyone starts responding to Mrs. Arnold. It is obvious that “Reply All” was selected. If it was not meant for you please simply delete and move on instead of everyone replying.
          OK all,
          She hit reply to all like you all are doing now.
          No need to respond to this email anymore.
          She apologized.
          DO NOT REPLY TO ALL.
          Please remove me thanks.
          Good morning Team
          ALCON,

Yesterday I found some information for that could be helpful small set of individuals having issues with the O365 teams application. Please see below for the contact information, it has been the fastest way to get issues resolved. Thank you.
          ???
          Please stop!!!!
          Good evening,

Please remove me from this distro.
          I do not know why I am getting this but I don’t even know one on this email.
          As hilarious as this thread has been can I be removed please. lol
          What email y’all talking about?
          ALCON,

I'm going to start by apologizing now for being part of the problem, but instead of just yelling about it I will propose a solution.

The issue is that no one can read the previous 50-100 messages, before responding, and just realize this was an accidental mass response. NO NEED TO RESPOND YOURSELF.

Those of you that are as fed up as I am feel free to create an Outlook rule to immediately delete any further responses.

• Right click on the last message, scroll down to create "Create Rule"
          • Check the box "It includes these words in the subject"
          o should see "RE: D-15 Army O365 Access Notification (UNCLASSIFIED)" in blue to the right.
          • In the "Do the following" drop down menu select "Delete the message"
          • Click the "Save" button at the bottom
          • Enjoy your sanity again.
          ALCON,

Do NOT reply all ANYMORE! GET IT TOGETHER.

So embarrassing..
          ALCON:

I normally do not reply to all but I am sending this to let everyone know on this chain that if you do not want to be in the chain and/or it was a mistake, please do not perpetuate the situation by "Replying to All." If you do not want to receive any further emails, go to "Actions" and select "Ignore Conversation." The system should delete all and any new emails that will be coming in. So, again in the future, instead of "Replying to All," just ignore the conversation like am about to do.

I hope this helps ...
          It’s good to know, I haven’t discovered any glitches as of yet, but I have made some great friends. People are awesome.
          Please remove me from this distro. Thanks!
          All,

Please, please, please remove me from your to line. I have received 60 emails Goff something I have no input about.
          I find humor in the sheer irony of everyone “replying to all” simply to tell everyone else to stop “replying to all”...

Though annoying, today has at least been entertaining!!
          Please stop replying all. The people who have also erroneously received this email are also erroneously receiving your emails and you are flooding our inboxes with your question marks and requests to be removed from the thread

Reply to original sender only
          After all this, we now know for sure, our Army Office 365 (O365) Teams accounts have been activated! And who to email for troubleshooting!

Stay safe and create Rule to end this.
          Please remove me as well please.
          Go to the message and click Ignore.
          DO NOT REPLY ALL.
          Last edited by Bo Diddley; 01-28-2021, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• that is hilarious.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
              Emails sent to large distribution lists without using the Bcc.

The latest is an email that was sent to nearly 75,000 recipients, of which I am one. This ticking time bomb was sent out on January 5th, so we dodged a bullet for a few weeks, but then someone replied to all. And some people replied to all more than once.
              The last time I worked at a large company, that would happen every once in a while. They finally found a way to make it so that the dummies couldn't reply all and get the whole list.

But it brings back memories.

Comment

• Over 150 new emails in my Deleted Items folder this morning.

Plus, this email virus has mutated. A couple of people have changed the subject of the email, and people are starting to reply (replicated) those mutations.

Oh, and there was some lieutenant colonel from the Virgin Islands calling individuals out "give me the name of your supervisor" "this stops now!" Obviously he had to call them out over Reply All so that he could make public examples of them. Later on people were mocking him. Pretty soon you have several people replying to all because they think it's funny. Then one recruiter decides to use it for advertising, and all of a sudden a bunch of recruiters from different states join in.

Comment

• amazing.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

• Over 150 new emails in my Deleted Items folder this morning.

Plus, this email virus has mutated. A couple of people have changed the subject of the email, and people are starting to reply (replicate) those mutations.

Oh, and there was some lieutenant colonel from the Virgin Islands calling individuals out "give me the name of your supervisor" "this stops now!" Obviously he had to call them out over Reply All so that he could make public examples of them. Later on people were mocking him. Pretty soon you have several people replying to all because they think it's funny. Then one recruiter decides to use it for advertising, and all of a sudden a bunch of recruiters from different states join in.

Then there's the memes people decided to make.

Meme.jpg

And in the time it took me to type this up, there have been a dozen more emails land in my trash.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                      Over 150 new emails in my Deleted Items folder this morning.

Plus, this email virus has mutated. A couple of people have changed the subject of the email, and people are starting to reply (replicate) those mutations.

Then there's the memes people decided to make.

Meme.jpg

And in the time it took me to type this up, there have been a dozen more emails land in my trash.
                      I love those.

We had one that happened many years ago that someone responded to inadvertently and said there were doughnuts in the 5th floor breakroom at our LA office. All hell broke loose after that. Everybody wanted them some doughnuts.

We have about 20,000 with email accounts, so the few times we have had the reply all virus it has been entertaining. Unfortunately they have put in measures to avoid it, so it has been a long time since I have had the pleasure.

Comment

• Looks like that LTC from the VI scared everyone straight because there's been nothing since this morning.

Comment

• “Stack hands”

I hear this a dozen times a day and it’s a lame phrase and overused in corporate life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                            “Stack hands”

I hear this a dozen times a day and it’s a lame phrase and overused in corporate life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I've never heard that, but I already hate it.

Comment

• I've never heard it either and I'm up to my neck in corporate life. What is the context?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                                I've never heard it either and I'm up to my neck in corporate life. What is the context?
                                when i tell you, you will be even more annoyed. it means to agree or be on the same page. let's all agree on this. let's stack hands.

people are dumb.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X