Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: To All Cuffers in the South

105 today in Vegas.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I don't know what the deal is but it is forecasted to get down to 53 tonight here in North Texas. Tomorrow's high is 75. Texas football weather has arrived.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Banned

We almost hit 100 in Los Angeles today, which is really weird. More of the same tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    We got some moisture today. We're thankful for it.
    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
    Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Nugent View Post
    I don't know what the deal is but it is forecasted to get down to 53 tonight here in North Texas. Tomorrow's high is 75. Texas football weather has arrived.
    Not that low in Houston....
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by RedSox View Post
    Not that low in Houston....
    I have a good buddy from Houston. He told me that they have "purple" days (worse than the usually dire "red days") in the summer where the humidity/pollution are so bad that people with respiratory conditions are advised to stay indoors.

It sounds brutal. On the other hand, he gave me a bottle of BBQ sauce from Rudy's that's about as close to liquid gold as I've ever had in the fridge.
    "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
    -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    I have a good buddy from Houston. He told me that they have "purple" days (worse than the usually dire "red days") in the summer where the humidity/pollution are so bad that people with respiratory conditions are advised to stay indoors.

It sounds brutal. On the other hand, he gave me a bottle of BBQ sauce from Rudy's that's about as close to liquid gold as I've ever had in the fridge.
    Colostrum?
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Colostrum?
    LOL. No, marsupial keeps that stuff locked up tighter than the gold in Fort Knox. I can't get ahold of any of that.
    "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
    -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Colostrum?

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    x2.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Huh, I've never heard of "purple" days here. The pollution isn't that bad for a city this size - better than LA, anyway.
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

I only use Rudy's (will sometimes modify). Their meat is phenomenal as well. Unfortunately, their sides suck (with the exception of the chocolate pudding).

Quote Originally Posted by nikuman View Post
    Huh, I've never heard of "purple" days here. The pollution isn't that bad for a city this size - better than LA, anyway.
    Better than Phoenix as well. Probably mostly a combination of heat/humidity. The breezes from the gulf take care of the smog (no mountains to trap it in like Cali).

Quote Originally Posted by RedSox View Post
    Better than Phoenix as well. Probably mostly a combination of heat/humidity. The breezes from the gulf take care of the smog (no mountains to trap it in like Cali).
    Cali?

Fingernails on chalkboards.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    Cali?
    yeah, you know...the state where Frisco is.

yeah, you know...the state where Frisco is.
    I thought Frisco was in Texas. You know, north of Dallas, near Plano.
    What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.

-Teenage Dirtbag

Cali?

Fingernails on chalkboards.
    Sorry, SoCal.

Quote Originally Posted by nikuman View Post
    Houston traffic isn't bad at all, compared to other large cities I have lived in or visited.

The humidity is bad.
    I had a job interview out of grad school in Houston. It was in late March/early April, unseasonably warm ~95 degrees and if it wasn't 100% humidity it was close. I took one step off the airplane and instantly wrote Houston and Continental Airlines off the list. And I was coming from Columbia, SC...

(I should have kept them on the list...)

Quote Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
    I thought Frisco was in Texas. You know, north of Dallas, near Plano.
    Yes, Frisco is just North of Plano. Our youngest son was born there. Nice town.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Frisco,+TX&sl l=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=64.36916,65.478516&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnea r=Frisco,+Collin,+Texas&z=12"]Frisco, TX - Google Maps[/ame]
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Nugent View Post
    Yes, Frisco is just North of Plano. Our youngest son was born there. Nice town.

Frisco, TX - Google Maps
    Exactly. Frisco has nothing to do with SOCal, NorCal or even Cali.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by statman View Post
    I had a job interview out of grad school in Houston. It was in late March/early April, unseasonably warm ~95 degrees and if it wasn't 100% humidity it was close. I took one step off the airplane and instantly wrote Houston and Continental Airlines off the list. And I was coming from Columbia, SC...

(I should have kept them on the list...)
    Columbia is awesome!
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Good grief. It's hotter than hell right now. We actually have 100% humidity tonight, but it's not raining. It feels like the breath of an angry lover outside.

Good grief. It's hotter than hell right now. We actually have 100% humidity tonight, but it's not raining. It feels like the breath of an angry lover outside.
    The Carolinas use to be a decent place to live (at least when we were there). What the hell happened?
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

So, it went from the hot breath of an angry lover to 20 mins before said hot breath and the awkward moment when you realize that you just said something really bad, but you realize that you need to apologize real quick like so that it'll warm up again, maybe by this weekend.

So, it went from the hot breath of an angry lover to 20 mins before said hot breath and the awkward moment when you realize that you just said something really bad, but you realize that you need to apologize real quick like so that it'll warm up again, maybe by this weekend.
    Are you still talking about the weather?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Are you still talking about the weather?
    I think this may be related to that thread he bumped the other day.

Turned our heat on today.

I'll update again when we turn our water heater up.

I think this may be related to that thread he bumped the other day.
    I believe this horse is startin' to turn.

I believe this horse is startin' to turn.
    Don't talk about your wife that way.

Banned

Texas is not the south. I think Shreveport is the entry point to the south.