No announcement yet.

To All Cuffers in the South

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‎"IT IS IMPORTANT TO REMIND USERS NOT TO FOCUS ON THE EXACT FORECAST TRACK...ESPECIALLY AT DAYS 4 AND 5...SINCE THE MOST RECENT 5-YEAR AVERAGE ERRORS AT THOSE FORECAST TIMES ARE 200 AND 250 MILES... RESPECTIVELY."
    http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh...l/230300.shtml
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Find something secure wap, and hold on tight.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• I'm praying it'll miss Hartsville and destroy Myrtle Beach.
        Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim View Post
          I'm praying it'll miss Hartsville and destroy Myrtle Beach.
          Yeah, given your track record (e.g., "break, levee, break") please hold off on hurricane destruction assignments.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            It seems like I had half of Houston staying at my place the last time (including people we both know and a bunch of their neighbors). Come on up.
            We waited it out last time. That was probably the most sleepless night I've ever had. Not that you could sleep with the perpetual sound of a freight train outside, except for the hour or more we were in the eye. My house took as direct a hit as it ever will - eye of the storm came right up the bay and then hit us about 15 miles inland from that.

Wuap, this one looks really ugly. They have it hitting as a cat 3 or 4 - don't mess around with that. Turn tail and run.
            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by nikuman View Post

Wuap, this one looks really ugly. They have it hitting as a cat 3 or 4 - don't mess around with that. Turn tail and run.
              Yeah, I've already told my mom to prepare the fort up in Asheville. Tim, if yall need a place to go....

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                Yeah, I've already told my mom to prepare the fort up in Asheville. Tim, if yall need a place to go....
                Ahem....

Actually, I'm in a nice area that avoids the tornadoes just to the south and the flooding that seems to occur regularly to the north of us in central/north CLT. And we avoid the shootings that occur in East CLT and by the airport. Another plus!
                I have nothing else to say at this time.

Comment

We've decided to avoid all preparations and planning until Friday. I have a busy week and I'm seeing a number of people at work lose productivity over it already... Luckily this morning the updated cone seems to be validating our choice.
                  Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    We've decided to avoid all preparations and planning until Friday. I have a busy week and I'm seeing a number of people at work lose productivity over it already... Luckily this morning the updated cone seems to be validating our choice.
                    It looks like we've dodged a bullet. I doubt we'll even go anywhere, but if yall need a place, we're here for as long as you need.

Comment

• To all ye Texans, I'm going to go ahead and say that if I were a betting man, this potential storm could bring yall some relief. That one off the coast of The Gambia.

Comment

• What Lake Travis looks like when it is about 50' down....

[YOUTUBE]iPe9aGMEpB4[/YOUTUBE]

Edit: It looks like Travis is dropping about 0.15 feet per day right now and 45.67' below full.
                        Last edited by Uncle Ted; 08-24-2011, 01:19 PM.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• That 1 off The Gambia right now is so far south that if it strengthens, it could head right for the Gulf.

Yikes.

I've got this sinking feeling this year about these storms. Maybe it's because tomorrow's an unwelcome anniversary, and it's on my mind, but I really hope I'm a hennypenny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                            What Lake Travis looks like when it is about 50' down....

[YOUTUBE]iPe9aGMEpB4[/YOUTUBE]

Edit: It looks like Travis is dropping about 0.15 feet per day right now and 45.67' below full.
                            Yeah, I think I mentioned that it had been dropping over a foot a week since March. They showed aerials of the lake on TV and it was just staggering. Entire pools and tributaries have been rendered non-existent. All the boat docks are closed.

I wonder if we're going to start having roving water outages.

Comment

• Oh, and did I mention that the water now tastes deplorable? It sort of frightens me to think of why.

Comment

To all ye Texans, I'm going to go ahead and say that if I were a betting man, this potential storm could bring yall some relief. That one off the coast of The Gambia.

We're in the worst fortnight for tropical weather right now. Four regions, two named, with that 70% chance one looking pretty bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X