To All Cuffers in the South

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

The cops just came to my door and told us we will probably need to evacuate tonight. It's also thundering and raining right now. And, it's supposed to rain until 2AM. Stressful ain't the word.
    But you just got back! That sucks. Prayers, friend.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Man that’d freak me out. Be safe, Wuap.

Comment

• https://www.facebook.com/wuapinmon/v...1872466918109/

https://www.facebook.com/wuapinmon/v...1872465680589/
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• What happened with the evacuation notice? Are you still waiting?
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
            What happened with the evacuation notice? Are you still waiting?
            We have hotel rooms tonight and tomorrow. I stayed up until 4AM watching things, and it wasn't that bad. I wanted the kids to get a good night's sleep in their own beds, after four nights in hotels (we had to switch hotels due to reservation issues).

Right now Lake Robinson is releasing 2,000 cfps into Black Creek. Sonoco is releasing 3,500 cfps from their dam, flooding Darlington, but the imbalance is still increasing the level of Prestwood Lake. Eventually, Sonoco will have to stop, and if Lake Robinson's dam gives way, that's over 2 cubic miles of water coming down into Prestwood Lake.

This is bad, and will be bad for the next 72 hours.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
              Driving through the middle of Eastern Utah Friday, I was looking for any radio station I could pick up just for kicks to listen to something different. Ended up catching Sean Hannity just as he had some weather guy on talking about Florence.
              These are my favorite Eddie posts. He always seems to be driving somewhere, just looking form something -- ANYTHING -- to listen to, and always just happens to land on Hannity. He's definitely not a regular listener, friends.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

We have hotel rooms tonight and tomorrow. I stayed up until 4AM watching things, and it wasn't that bad. I wanted the kids to get a good night's sleep in their own beds, after four nights in hotels (we had to switch hotels due to reservation issues).

Right now Lake Robinson is releasing 2,000 cfps into Black Creek. Sonoco is releasing 3,500 cfps from their dam, flooding Darlington, but the imbalance is still increasing the level of Prestwood Lake. Eventually, Sonoco will have to stop, and if Lake Robinson's dam gives way, that's over 2 cubic miles of water coming down into Prestwood Lake.

This is bad, and will be bad for the next 72 hours.
                Glad to hear you are going to be safe tonight. Hoping for the best possible outcome.
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  These are my favorite Eddie posts. He always seems to be driving somewhere, just looking form something -- ANYTHING -- to listen to, and always just happens to land on Hannity. He's definitely not a regular listener, friends.
                  Have I posted about Hannity before? I catch him from time to time, but I wouldn't consider a 15-20 minutes once or twice a month a regular.

If I'm posting about crazy things said on a radio show, it's usually the KTalk radio station. That one is my favorite. It's like the old Art Bell Coast to Coast, but for Mormons.

A little over a week ago they were talking about Sam Young and interviews for youth - at least that's where they had started I gathered. But then the host went on some rant about how the LDS church brainwashes young men.

He basically said that they take them from 18-20, at the height of their hormones and sexuality, and then send them on a mission and assign them to be with another young man. Beating into them from long before they go and the entire time in the MTC that they should NEVER be apart from their companion. And their sex drive has to come out somehow - and since they are with other young men they experiment with each other. And basically the LDS church is responsible for turning these otherwise normal/average young men gay.

I honestly don't do his description of how the LDS church is turning YM gay justice - it was hilarious.

I'm driving down to Cedar City on Friday, and then back again Saturday. I'll be on the lookout for some more fun stories to share.

Comment

• When I travel to very conservative areas, I usually tune to the local conservative talk radio because it’s fun to listen to. Sometimes they simulcast Hannity or Lars Larson, which isn’t as much fun but it’s still fun nonetheless.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• If you drive anywhere outside metropolitan areas without satellite radio, your only choices are usually country western or whatever station carries Limbaugh/Hannity.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

• The water is receding.

Comment

The water is receding.

Good to hear!
                          Last edited by creekster; 09-18-2018, 09:54 PM.
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

The water is receding.
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Darlington County Emergency Management Department We do not think this is temporary. The creek levels are settling and the warm sunny weather tomorrow should help this continue to improve.

Comment

The water is receding.
                                Good news Mate! Good luck getting it all back to normal. The mormons will be out in the obligatory yellow shirts milking all the branding out of it that they can. Do focus on that aspect and let it burn you up deep in your soul.

Seriously, good luck with the cleanup. Given your generosity and concern for others you are going to be a busy man for sometime.
                                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                                -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Working...
                                X