To All Cuffers in the South

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To All Cuffers in the South

What the hell with this weather? Seriously, it's late September. Worst Winter EVER, followed by HOT AS HELL Summer. Who pissed off Mother Nature?
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    What the hell with this weather? Seriously, it's late September. Worst Winter EVER, followed by HOT AS HELL Summer. Who pissed off Mother Nature?
    I thought that very thing when I was sitting in the stands in Tallahassee on Saturday. And again when I was walking down the street for lunch today.

Comment

It has been beautiful here. And don't make any snide remarks about what is and is not the south unless you have your second ready.

Comment

The Cajuns.
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
          It has been beautiful here. And don't make any snide remarks about what is and is not the south unless you have your second ready.
          Send it our way, please. It's frickin' 93F here. And yes, you're state counts. (when it supports my argument).
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

It's been beautiful over in my part fo the South. It's still in the upper 80s/lower 90s but the humidity hasn't been too bad.

I love this time of year in Houston. Decent weather (sometimes a jacket) for the next 9 or so months.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Wuap sounds like a Utah Mormon complaining about heat in the South.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
                It's been beautiful over in my part fo the South. It's still in the upper 80s/lower 90s but the humidity hasn't been too bad.

I love this time of year in Houston. Decent weather (sometimes a jacket) for the next 9 or so months.
                Here's where wuap gets all snobbish on your ass and tells you that Texas isn't the South.
                Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  Wuap sounds like a Utah Mormon complaining about heat in the South.
                  I was born in Alabama.....primacy and authenticity negate your findings.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                    Here's where wuap gets all snobbish on your ass and tells you that Texas isn't the South.
                    Texas is not the South, it is Texas. However, Houston is commonly considered part of the South anyway given its close ties to Louisiana. Most people will say that Houston is more in the South than it is in Texas.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
                      Texas is not the South, it is Texas. However, Houston is commonly considered part of the South anyway given its close ties to Louisiana. Most people will say that Houston is more in the South than it is in Texas.
                      Aside from your insistence on calling beef barbecue, I'd agree with this. Houston's a nice place if you get rid of all the traffic and humidity.

Comment

Aside from your insistence on calling beef barbecue, I'd agree with this. Houston's a nice place if you get rid of all the traffic and humidity.
                        Houston traffic isn't bad at all, compared to other large cities I have lived in or visited.

The humidity is bad.
                        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Like UD said, the weather here has been amazing. I just wish I weren't sick to enjoy it. I should be golfing today.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

As a former greater Houston area resident and a current Birmingham resident, I agree with the sentiments re: heat and humidity.

I will say that it has at least started to cool off at night here and the nights are actually quite pleasant.

Comment

The south is overrated.
                              I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Working...
                              X