To All Cuffers in the South

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    If he speaks Spanish, the Rio Grande Valley could offer limitless oppotunities...floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, "terrorism"--depending on the POTUS.
    And the schools down there have water parks thanks to the kind folks in Houston. Thanks Moli!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• what do I have to do with this? I don’t live in Austin nor do I pay anything to HISD.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        what do I have to do with this? I don’t live in Austin nor do I pay anything to HISD.
        OK... No Thanks!
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

The hits just keep on coming.
          For all those about to rock...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I've had three different Cuffers offer to let me stay with them, and one even offered to buy tickets out of the Carolinas for us. I've been here almost 10 years. This is a good forum.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              After Harvey, the final rainfall tally in my area was just over 40”. It was a lot of water and overwhelmed everything. I’ve never seen anything like it and to this day when I drive through certain areas I remember seeing certain places underwater and still can’t believe it.

You probably have more elevation changes than Houston, which will hopefully move the water away faster, or it might just make it more destructive. Best of luck.
              This was the craziest aspect of the craziest real estate transaction I’ve ever been party to. The buyers were obsessed with the notion of “water intrusion” in the basement. Their agent convinced them to spend thousands of dollars on additional inspections and waste more than two weeks of the closing timeline on this supposed “issue.” Yet just a few months ago we made it through all 50 inches of Harvey — the heaviest rainfall event in Austin’s history — without a single drop of water anywhere in the house.

Comment

I've had three different Cuffers offer to let me stay with them, and one even offered to buy tickets out of the Carolinas for us. I've been here almost 10 years. This is a good forum.
                Man, can you imagine if you actually left here for good?
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  Man, can you imagine if you actually left here for good?
                  Yes. I'm a convert. I remember what it was like before.
                  "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Nice and timely avatar, Wuap. We're awaiting reports with considerable interest and are hoping the best for you and yours. And mine. PH's wife flew out here yesterday to attend filsdepac's wedding Saturday. Although PH and family should be relatively safe, she's nonetheless pretty worried about things back home.

Comment

• Batten down the hatches! Stay safe, Wuap!

Comment

• It is never good when Aunt Flo comes to town, and just one year after Aunt Irma.

Stay safe.

Comment

• Uh... might want to hire a new graphics artist.

https://www.facebook.com/NationalHur...type=3&theater

Be sure to read the comments.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Uh... might want to hire a new graphics artist.

https://www.facebook.com/NationalHur...type=3&theater

Be sure to read the comments.

Stay safe, Wuap. And other CSers who are in the periphery.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

• There is no way that wasnt on purpose.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X