To All Cuffers in the South

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    Damn. You have a basement, right? Any flooding issues so far?
    No basements in the Sandhills...ground water seeps into any hole you dig.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
      No basements in the Sandhills...ground water seeps into any hole you dig.
      Hmmm. Thought I remembered seeing a basement in your remodeling pics. Oh well.

Any flooding issues anyway?
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Black Creek, near my house, usually has a discharge rate of 30-35 cubic feet per second. Above 100 is flood stage. As of 3pm, it was 1680 cfps.
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
          Hmmm. Thought I remembered seeing a basement in your remodeling pics. Oh well.

Any flooding issues anyway?
          We are in Asheville, NC. Don't know yet....town is under curfew now.

Comment

We are in Asheville, NC. Don't know yet....town is under curfew now.
            I guess I had all sorts of faulty assumptions in this thread - that you had made it back home, that you had a basement, probably something else...
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• The house did not take on any water, but our shed got 8-9 inches of water inside. The area around it is still draining, and it's a morass back there when it's wet. It's going to be a hassle, but compared to what we've been through before, 11.56 inches of rain with only a huge branch down (on my neighbor's fence) is a welcome relief.

Comment

• Glad to hear it. You dodged a bullet there.

Comment

The house did not take on any water, but our shed got 8-9 inches of water inside. The area around it is still draining, and it's a morass back there when it's wet. It's going to be a hassle, but compared to what we've been through before, 11.56 inches of rain with only a huge branch down (on my neighbor's fence) is a welcome relief.
                  Glad to hear it.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

The house did not take on any water, but our shed got 8-9 inches of water inside. The area around it is still draining, and it's a morass back there when it's wet. It's going to be a hassle, but compared to what we've been through before, 11.56 inches of rain with only a huge branch down (on my neighbor's fence) is a welcome relief.
                    Nice! great to know.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Driving through the middle of Eastern Utah Friday, I was looking for any radio station I could pick up just for kicks to listen to something different. Ended up catching Sean Hannity just as he had some weather guy on talking about Florence.

Hannity says: "We're seeing some images from the storm now. Looks like it isn't so bad, not very much damage. Just a few broken windows and some debris in the pictures."

The weather guy on the radio with him was kind of flabbergasted and you could tell he wasn't even sure where to start. You could tell he wanted to set Hannity straight, while still not being a dick guest on the show. So he starts saying things like "you know, that video you're seeing is just one area. We can't know what damage was done until we're able to review all of the areas. Sometimes the places where the most damage is being done, they can't even get the cameras out there."

Then he starts talking about how they were only seeing the beginning of the storm - the main storm hadn't even hit land yet and it would be another 24 hours before the main part of the storm hit land. How there were storm bands that would continue through the following couple of days with a LOT of water, which would cause flooding. He stammered over himself as he talked about the amount of rain per hour that would be dropping, how much water they were expecting, all of the rivers that were going to be flooded, etc.

He seriously went on for 10-15 minutes talking about how we really have no idea what the damage will look like, and describing that we need to expect that there will be a LOT. So then Hannity follows up with "well, sure. Yeah, all of that could happen too. But for right now, at least, it looks like things are going pretty well and the storm hasn't done too much damage. It looks like we're going to get through this just fine."

Hilarious.

Comment

• Great news, Wuap.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                          Driving through the middle of Eastern Utah Friday, I was looking for any radio station I could pick up just for kicks to listen to something different. Ended up catching Sean Hannity just as he had some weather guy on talking about Florence.

Hannity says: "We're seeing some images from the storm now. Looks like it isn't so bad, not very much damage. Just a few broken windows and some debris in the pictures."

The weather guy on the radio with him was kind of flabbergasted and you could tell he wasn't even sure where to start. You could tell he wanted to set Hannity straight, while still not being a dick guest on the show. So he starts saying things like "you know, that video you're seeing is just one area. We can't know what damage was done until we're able to review all of the areas. Sometimes the places where the most damage is being done, they can't even get the cameras out there."

Then he starts talking about how they were only seeing the beginning of the storm - the main storm hadn't even hit land yet and it would be another 24 hours before the main part of the storm hit land. How there were storm bands that would continue through the following couple of days with a LOT of water, which would cause flooding. He stammered over himself as he talked about the amount of rain per hour that would be dropping, how much water they were expecting, all of the rivers that were going to be flooded, etc.

He seriously went on for 10-15 minutes talking about how we really have no idea what the damage will look like, and describing that we need to expect that there will be a LOT. So then Hannity follows up with "well, sure. Yeah, all of that could happen too. But for right now, at least, it looks like things are going pretty well and the storm hasn't done too much damage. It looks like we're going to get through this just fine."

Hilarious.
                          Sean Hannity is under-desk chewing gum in human form.

Comment

• The cops just came to my door and told us we will probably need to evacuate tonight. It's also thundering and raining right now. And, it's supposed to rain until 2AM. Stressful ain't the word.

Comment

• Dang -

Take care and be safe!!

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• My kids are kinda freaking out. I don't know what to say to calm them. We've never been here when something like this happens, so they don't know how to confront the reality of being present for something. I'm hoping this is an abundance of caution, but coming to our door after 11PM at night is disconcerting, even to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X